Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good interview. Cheers. Thon sounds like he will be a proud Australian Boomer. Great to see him referring to "us" meaning Australian players in America, The era of Maker, Exum, and Simmons looks like an awesome era for Australinan basketball.

Really good interview. Cheers. Thon sounds like he will be a proud Australian Boomer. Great to see him referring to "us" meaning Australian players in America, The era of Maker, Exum, and Simmons looks like an awesome era for Australinan basketball.
Did someone get them all in a room at some point and tell them that they are the future? Because it's not often that our planets align and such a young crop really seem to just get it that everyone wants this.

Thon sounds like he will be a proud Australian Boomer. Great to see him referring to "us" meaning Australian players in America, The era of Maker, Exum, and Simmons looks like an awesome era for Australinan basketball.
His comments re wanting to play for Australia were good to hear, but I'm not doing a victory dance yet. Has anything been confirmed? Once I see him on court in a Boomers singlet, I'll then believe it's true.

The following article talks glowingly about Australia being the next powerhouse:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...s-australian-basketball-dante-exum-thon-maker

Has now signed a deal with the Bulls; unconfirmed reports say it's for three years. Not bad for a late 2nd-rounder.
A three year contract but I've heard it's not guaranteed. He won't see too many minutes barring injury but he will provide a big body and learn a hell of a lot from practice. He's also a gym rat so it will be interesting to see his physical development now he's a full time athlete.

A three year contract but I've heard it's not guaranteed. He won't see too many minutes barring injury but he will provide a big body and learn a hell of a lot from practice. He's also a gym rat so it will be interesting to see his physical development now he's a full time athlete.
At least better than what a number of 2nd round Aussie draftees - Bruton (97), Rogers (97), Pepper (97), Newley (07), Majok (11) - have gotten.

In other news, Brock Motum has been invited to Utah's training camp after his decent showing for them at Summer League. Fingers crossed for a Delly-like result.

EDIT: Reading that Barlow's 1st year is guaranteed. 2nd is guaranteed for half his pay. 3rd is team option.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least better than what a number of 2nd round Aussie draftees - Bruton (97), Rogers (97), Pepper (97), Newley (07), Majok (11) - have gotten.

In other news, Brock Motum has been invited to Utah's training camp after his decent showing for them at Summer League. Fingers crossed for a Delly-like result.
I was trying to find who it was that made that camp. Cheers.

So from what i've read we now have the following coming through:
  • The next Scottie Pippen = Ben Simmons
  • The next Penny Hardaway = Exum
  • The next Durant/KG hybrid = Thon Maker
No expectations or anything....

2018 world and 2020 Games

c Bogut
f Maker
f Simmons
g Mills
g Exum

g Delladova
g Drmic
g ?
f Bairstow
f Baynes
f Deng
c ?

Rick Pitino on Deng Adel - "I haven’t been this excited about a recruit in ten years."
Everyone is talking about the fab three Maker, Exum and Simmons, but Deng Adel is also very highly rated in the US. He apparently dominated the recent Adidas Unrivaled camp and All Star game where the best 17 year olds in the country strut their stuff for college recruiters. Im pretty sure the first time I read about Bean Simmons was when he too dominated that camp too. Adel says in the interview in the link below he has lived in Australia for ten years and his plan was to represent the Boomers. There are a couple of new videos on yooutube which better demonstrate his current level of play. Pitino is no mug, Im condident we have another outstanding prospect on our hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WIobZaaBEg0

Everyone is talking about the fab three Maker, Exum and Simmons, but Deng Adel is also very highly rated in the US. He apparently dominated the recent Adidas Unrivaled camp and All Star game where the best 17 year olds in the country strut their stuff for college recruiters. Im pretty sure the first time I read about Bean Simmons was when he too dominated that camp too. Adel says in the interview in the link below he has lived in Australia for ten years and his plan was to represent the Boomers. There are a couple of new videos on yooutube which better demonstrate his current level of play. Im condident we have another outstanding prospect on our hands.

Everyone is talking about the fab three Maker, Exum and Simmons, but Deng Adel is also very highly rated in the US. He apparently dominated the recent Adidas Unrivaled camp and All Star game where the best 17 year olds in the country strut their stuff for college recruiters. Im pretty sure the first time I read about Bean Simmons was when he too dominated that camp too. Adel says in the interview in the link below he has lived in Australia for ten years and his plan was to represent the Boomers. There are a couple of new videos on yooutube which better demonstrate his current level of play. Im condident we have another outstanding prospect on our hands.

He's a 5 star recruit, of course he's outstanding, it means he's in the best 30 kids on the planet for his age.

Isaac Humpries is a 5 star C prospect also.

Jonah Bolden is a 4 star recruit.

Golden generation doesn't do it justice...........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back