The government is spying on you via your webcam

Remove this Banner Ad

We know for a fact that intelligence agencies in this country and others infiltrate forums like this one to spread propaganda, shout down dissent towards government policies, and even profile posters of interest.

Does anybody else suspect certain posters in on this subforum of bigfooty of being agents?

Because when I read threads like this one, and apply Occam's Razor, the conclusion I come to is an obvious one.

We know for a fact that intelligence agencies in this country and others infiltrate forums like this one to spread propaganda, shout down dissent towards government policies, and even profile posters of interest.

Does anybody else suspect certain posters in on this subforum of bigfooty of being agents?

Because when I read threads like this one, and apply Occam's Razor, the conclusion I come to is an obvious one.
SB, dont go all Alex Jones on us wil'ya

Been happening since webcams and netmeeting came on the scene although the catchment area may be bigger these days.

Yep.

And how naive are these people suggesting the government would turn down surveillance? Especially when it's as widespread and easy as this. If they could've tracked us pre-Internet, they absolutely would've. But logistically, obviously that was always going to be essentially impossible and incredibly expensive.

I would be surprised if the government didn't watch everything that goes online.

Doubtful, we wouldn't have anywhere close to the manpower to make it even remotely feasible. There would be key tasks that are reviewed and the rest would be stored just in case.

Every day I hear sirens. More and more sirens.

I walk to the local Indian cheap eatery and pass two separate police cars in ten minutes.

When I meet new people and get to talking, I regularly hear of police raids on houses.

Confirmation bias? Maybe. Hopefully.

But when I see teams of police who look like they could take out an entire platoon of a military from just a couple of generations ago, and note that these guys are supposedly here to protect me, I wonder what the hell is going on. Who do I need a militarised police patrolling the streets to protect me from? Where are all these bad guys?

dmc333 might be on to something. 'Masturbating, watching Alex Jones, listening for black helicopters'.

I'd be the first one to point it out if SB was getting all Alex Jones on us, but I don't think what he's saying is completely far fetched.

Look up ‘The Art of Deception: Training for a New Generation of Online Covert Operations’. A PowerPoint presentation leaked from the Snowden documents, created by GCHQ ( British intelligence) for training US, AUS, NZL, CAN government intelligence.

It basically outlines techniques on how to use forums, social media, blogs and other online mediums, to discredit people, spread deception and manipulate online discourse.

Doubt they would bother with BF though.

Here is a screen shot from the presentation on how to discredit a company:

screenshot4.png

And how to discredit an individual or 'target'.

Screenshot3.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't they bother with bigfooty?

This would have to be one of the biggest/most active Australian internet forums today.

Perfect for spreading disinformation and discrediting independent thinkers.

And (at least in theory) a good place to find radical elements within our community.

If I were them I'd be putting more resources into places like whirlpool (where I am certain that agents operate) but I'd still keep tabs on bigfooty, esp GD and SRP.

Why wouldn't they bother with bigfooty?

This would have to be one of the biggest/most active Australian internet forums today.

If I were them I'd be putting more resources into places like whirlpool (where I am certain that agents operate) but I'd still keep tabs on bigfooty, esp GD and SRP.

From my time on the SRP, I haven't noticed any contenders. Who do you think is?

I reckon there'd be a lot of it in the comments section of news websites and blogs.

From my time on the SRP, I haven't noticed any contenders. Who do you think is?
Obviously not going to post their name(s) here.
I reckon there'd be a lot of it in the comments section of news websites and blogs.
Without doubt.

If you are interested, I highly recommend you check out whirlpool's 'in the news' section, and peruse the Julian Assange thread. One poster in particular seems to have taken it upon himself to denounce Assange... 350 times in the last three months. In the same period this poster has made about two dozen posts downplaying the NSA spying scandal. And then three posts in total about other topics - across the entire site.

And that is just one poster. There are several other suspicious characters on whirlpool. Suss as *.

Every day I hear sirens. More and more sirens.

I walk to the local Indian cheap eatery and pass two separate police cars in ten minutes.

Was in café the other day, 5pmish. Searching for wifi. Got (and took screen shot) of MI5 van no 3. Thought it may be pxss take but cop car was parked close by right on intersection. Morons.

70 virgin brides vs public servants too stupid to hide their identity and cops waiting nearby. Doggs vs Saints at Moorabbin. In days of heavily watered track.

350 times in the last three months. In the same period this poster has made about two dozen posts downplaying the NSA spying scandal. And then three posts in total about other topics - across the entire site.

There is a certain poster on here who always denounces Murdoch re phone hacking but rarely if ever criticises the government over illegal hacking of phones, internet etc. Whilst he comes across as just another politically correct, try hard, holier than though, my best mates are aboriginies, fanboi he is a bit smarter than most of them (though probably not smart enough to get an offer from Freehills, KPMG etc). Every chance he is in a windowless basement office trying earnestly to get from D3 to D4 in the PS pay scales.

Every day you grace this forum I feel blessed.

That sudden absence of yours a year or two back really got me down :(

I was contacted by somebody who told me I could find you at some cycling forum.

You have more fans than you realise, old chap.

medusala I'm not sure who you are talking about but that simply sounds like a partisan fanboi to me.

Except not a frequent oz politics contributor ex attacking Murdoch and diverting threads from the government's dodgy activities (government in particular not just ALP). I could easily be wrong. I probably am. He probably failed the IQ entrance test. By a margin. Cant think of anyone else though.

MI6 is well known to plant articles in the press. Assume that is common. Resident journo who posts on here can probably add some light to that.

all KP, all the time. genius gotta do what genius does

Often takes genius to recognise genius. Genius vs noblesse oblige. Can one do both?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back