The 'he should have won' thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Some Swans think LRT should've got the Norm Smith in 2005 over Judd, but I think Nic Fosdike was stiff, in a winning team. Not too many winners from losing teams.

Fosdike should absolutely have won. Would have won me about $800 as well :(

Nick Riewoldt should have been holding a trophy at the end of the final games of 2009 and 2010.
Best team all year in 2009, killed by crucial umpiring decisions and little wrinkles of fate/luck.
God regretted his decision not to intervene in sport since the 1979 Harmes' incident.

Great comeback in 2010 only to be denied by Dawes clearly throwing the ball for Cloke's last goal.
Then the devil got involved when God had determined Milne would kick a famous winning goal and run up and hug Malthouse.
The devil has been in hiding ever since, and God has been to busy looking for him to attend to earthly affairs - hence all the crap in the world that's been happening lately, like ebola, ISIS, hannah montana going bad, st kilda turning to shet...

Nick Reiwoldt should have been watching the 2009 Grandfinal at home, not holding the cup

Anyone of the other 4 guys should have won.

View attachment 88983

They probably would have had they not fallen over.

Some people have a funny take on this thread. Gary Ablett Jr "should" have won the 2014 Brownlow, but he got injured and missed the last 7 games, so he didn't. He probably would've won had he stayed fit, but Dangerfield was on 22 votes after 18 rounds then stopped polling despite playing - it happens.

Mark LeCras should've won the FP spot in the 2009 AA side. Leon Davis? GTFO.

...For me - Brendon Goddarrd should have won the Norm Smith Medal in the 2010 drawn Grand Final.....

There's no Premiership Cup awarded for a drawn GF, so why should there be 2 Norm Smith's in that year?

And LRT clearly ripped off in the 2005 Grand Final.
Judd was awarded it before the opening bounce. :cool:

Luke Shuey should've won the 2011 Rising Star.

Ridiculous 'he's a third year player' justification for Dyson Heppell which exaporated a year later with Daniel Talia winning. Award should be for the best-performed player meeting the criteria, not 'yeah he might've been better but he's a third year player'.

Sadly for Shuey, Heppell winning the award is irrelevant compared to the fact that he has also outperformed him since.

Norm Smith is for BOG in the GF. GF is played, there is an adjudged BOG.

Premiership Cup is for winning GF. No winner, no cup.

Simples.

Still strikes me as stupid.

Also, how about voting for the NS AFTER the game has finished, not just after 3/4 time.
Adjudged best on ground for 3/4's of a GF...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still strikes me as stupid.

Each to their own.

Would you prefer no medal for drawn GFs or one medal for BOG in either/both GFs if there are two?

Also, how about voting for the NS AFTER the game has finished, not just after 3/4 time.
Adjudged best on ground for 3/4's of a GF...

That is stupid.

Gonna look pretty thick if everyone is voting 3-2-1 and tossing up between two guys for the 2 and 3 and one of them comes out after 3/4 time and has 10 touches and kicks a couple of goals and the other gets doughnuts and a medal for BOG.

Each to their own.

Would you prefer no medal for drawn GFs or one medal for BOG in either/both GFs if there are two?

no medal for a draw for mine

That is stupid.

Gonna look pretty thick if everyone is voting 3-2-1 and tossing up between two guys for the 2 and 3 and one of them comes out after 3/4 time and has 10 touches and kicks a couple of goals and the other gets doughnuts and a medal for BOG.

only explanation for Juddy winning in '05
LRT beat him for 4/4's based on his impact on the game
or did the voters overrate Judd's 2nd half in comparison to the entire game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back