FTA-TV The Leftovers

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicking it with the Pixies.

This and Mr. Robot are trying to steal my heart.

Love love love Carrie Coon being back on my tv. ******* outstanding. Feels like that will be the 'happiest' episode we'll get this season.

Some pretty cool music weaved in throughout this. Love the way they film the show as well some great contrast.

Yeah the music is consistently great in this show, both the Max Richter score and the other songs they license. Had a giggle at Kevin rocking out to some dubstep at the laundry while the baby is having meltdown :D

So doesn't seem like ex wifey is in the GR anymore (hanging out with Tom, not wearing white), although by the note that she gave Tom for Jill I assume she's still not talking. Is the GR even a thing anymore? Even if they got shut down in Mapleton I thought they were all over the country.

Great to have Patti back, I jumped a bit when she slammed his head into the stove. Guess the change of scenery hasn't done anything for Kevin's issues.

The music when he was kicking the washing machine was from the credits on Fight Club. and all sounded like hard/angry music. Other then the last 15 mins i felt it should of been lastweeks episode. since most of it was set before lastweek took place.

Last edited:
The music when he was kicking the washing machine was from the credits on Fight Club. and all sounded like hard/angry music. Other then the last 15 mins i felt it should of been lastweeks episode. since most of it was set before lastweek took place.

Good tune, Pixies - Where Is My Mind. Very appropriate for both Fight Club and The Leftovers lol.

I think they probably wanted to setup and establish from the start that season 2 would be set in a completely different town rather than dump it on us in the 2nd episode, I didn't mind it.

Goddamn this is hitting some breathtaking highs.

I don't know who Tommy, the actor is but man was he outstanding there in the end.

Love where that whole idea is going.

All roads lead to Australia...

So... who wants a hug??

P.S can someone plz explain me why Liv Tyler made the sex with the son?

just my wild uneducated guess is that

Liv is now queen bee of the GR & somehow knows Tom has magic powers & has some devilish plan that involves their offspring. Kept him alive so she can go back for seconds? Or see's him important to the GR somehow?

Amy Brenneman must be happy, actually gets to talk while acting this season :D

Good episode, that little arc with the housewife they got out of the GR was just brutal. If I was hubby though with a kid in the car I would have punched the missus out and run the car off the road long before they hit the truck, seemed like they were barelling down the wrong lane forever. Not sure I liked Tom's bit at the end, yeah acting during the monologue was good but was almost comical I thought when he stood there in the jesus christ pose with light streaming through the windown behind him, bit heavy handed.

Someone correct me if I've forgotten this but we didn't actually see the sequence he described with Wayne and the transfer of powers last season did we? Not sure it's what those people need, basically exchanging one cult for another.

just my wild uneducated guess is that

Liv is now queen bee of the GR & somehow knows Tom has magic powers & has some devilish plan that involves their offspring. Kept him alive so she can go back for seconds? Or see's him important to the GR somehow?

I assumed she was just trying to hurt Laurie through Tom but yeah that's an interesting thought.

Someone correct me if I've forgotten this but we didn't actually see the sequence he described with Wayne and the transfer of powers last season did we? Not sure it's what those people need, basically exchanging one cult for another.

I'm pretty sure we didn't see it, which is why my first thought was that they're lying for the reasons I've bolded in your post. However it would make that really bizarre rape scene with Liv Tyler make a lot more sense if he did inherit Wayne's gift, I'm pretty sure he refused to hug Jill when he met her at the diner too.

Amy Brenneman must be happy, actually gets to talk while acting this season :D

Good episode, that little arc with the housewife they got out of the GR was just brutal. If I was hubby though with a kid in the car I would have punched the missus out and run the car off the road long before they hit the truck, seemed like they were barelling down the wrong lane forever. Not sure I liked Tom's bit at the end, yeah acting during the monologue was good but was almost comical I thought when he stood there in the jesus christ pose with light streaming through the windown behind him, bit heavy handed.

I assumed she was just trying to hurt Laurie through Tom but yeah that's an interesting thought.

I have just rewatched S1 & no, we didn't see that Wayne/Tom scene which I guess also now raises the possibility that Tom is delusional & that never happened, but I guess he got the idea to give the kid to his old man somewhere. As for Megan, we know what a nutbag Peggy is/was, looks like Megan is younger more virile version;).

Anyways, loving it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot to mention this in previous post but anyone notice the 'australian' accent on the tv report in the background about a resurection? Was Simpsons level bad. Always blows me away when its that bad in a movie or tv show, like seriously just pull any Australian off the street, wouldn't even need to be a voice actor, it would be better than that.

Patti rick-rolling Kevin, so awesome. 'Never gonna give you up' hahaha oh sh1t. Glad he finally started talking to her, thought he'd hold out for a few more eps.

Is Kevin screwed re: the palm print ie. would they have his fingerprints on file because he was a cop? Either way sure John will find out at some stage and go full r*****.

Jill Garvey is one good looking young girl. Andie McDowells daughter I believe.

Last night the wifey even remarked how hot she is lol. She's 20 too, would smash

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_d94ngi68srkkok4gwgc8wwgso_640.jpg

Every bit as intense and emotional as the Matt centric episode from last season.

I still don't know where exactly I sit with him - remember his preachings about the Departed in Mapleton - but its impossible not to feel sorry for him. Everyone is outstanding here, but Ecceleston and Coon give the most amazing performances. Still my favourite Doctor.

Its hard not to feel for Matt, he is one of the only characters willing to help everyone and it always seems to get him hurt. Last year he was robbed after winning the money he needed, this time almost gets killed trying to help someone who had a broken down car.

Was a very tough but good watch. But can't he just report his wristband stolen, surely there would be some sort of procedure as it wouldn't be the first time it's happened. Seems like it was done so we could watch Matt go through hardship through the hour.

Again, though another good hour of tv.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back