FTA-TV The Leftovers

Remove this Banner Ad

Am a bit late to the party but Just got onto this. Currently up to episode 5. So far so good. Plenty going on. No idea where its all going :)

Just knocked out the first season

The Nora scene in the last ep was mega heavy, heaviest of the season by far.

I love the priest and Kevin is a great lead as well

It is a little annoying the dissapearance will never be explained. Its just such a dramatic plot line. With Lost it was a story about an island, there were things you could leave unanswered, just things happening on an island. Its hard to tell the viewers that the biggest mystery of the show will never be explained

The whole premise of the show is the mystery and how people may be spiritually connected with a higher power that is at play (Kevins night walking/playing around, crazy dog shooter, crazy dogs, the GR etc).

If the show is purely about how Kevin, Nora, The Priest and the GR are going about their lives in this semi post apocalyptic world, well its just kind of boring.

We need to be teased in to learning the mysteries of this seemingly all powering entity that is playing with these people, but if we know we'll never know, then who really cares if Kevin or his dad are batshit crazy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else hate the new credit sequence? Just seems so out of place, like I'm watching the intro to 7th Heaven or something :drunk:

Pretty typical Leftovers, some good some bad, most pretty depressing. You'd think John might have gotten a few more details or delved a bit deeper before deciding to burn someone's house down. Hope we see a bit of blowback about that - I get that the town and probably their police will look the other way, but pretty sure you'd be getting some outside authorities involved if it happened to you. Doubt it though - it'll be GR home invasion mk 2, just sit back and don't think about it too much lol.

Also pretty convenient the Garvey's managed to score a house in Jarden/Miracle. In a post-departure world where companies are turning a profit selling freaky life sized dolls, you'd better believe there'd be a list of 1000s wanting a house in that town, 1 bedroom bungalows would be selling for millions.

Like the new family though, John seems like he could be a complete nutter just below the surface. Pretty funny that the Garvey's have moved to what is clearly going to be a crazier place the Mapleton.

Any theories on the cave-man opening? Something else that I bet will never be referenced again.

Absolutely loved it. As with the first season there'll be a buttload of detractors wanting to know whyyy everything is happening, but I'm glad the show's creators are not only not falling into that trap, but almost pushing against it.

Perfect Strangers Mark Linn Baker cameo one of the best cameos ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back