The list.

Remove this Banner Ad

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here's a topic sure to provoke extreme views . . .

There is little doubt that the list is now vastly improved but what was it's genesis???

For me it goes back to the Treloar trade time - that year we had a huge purge and in the end it was Grundy's turn.

A lot of people copped a lot of SHT from all comers - very little of it merited.

Firstly the contract deals leading up to the '18 season were to sneak a flag and it would have worked but for some 'interesting' umpiring.

Secondly most of those contracts were still in force when Covid hit and we all know what that did to list management and contracts. We were the most exposed club in the league at the time Covid hit simply due to bad timing.

An annoyingly ignored complication was losing Swannie at least 2 years before we could have expected to due to a freak accident.

That's the bad.

Now for the good.

Eddie finally stood aside as he had to.

Wrighty signed.

Fly appointed.

The board cleaned out.

The short term pain of forced player sales finally passed with the trading of Grundy.

I'm delighted with the overall result and understand the necessity of those sales and the toll it took on the list . . .

BUT.

Very disappointed in the way the Treloar situation was mishandled and incensed at the taking back of Dayne Beams and was vocal in my opposition at the time.

miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low_400x.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back