The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redknapp and Dyche also don't want the job. Has to be Fat Sam or maybe try and poach Warbuton from Rangers and give the club a massive shake up!

Redknapp now saying he won't completely rule himself out of the Sunderland job. A father-son transition up there might be a good idea for the club

Redknapp now saying he won't completely rule himself out of the Sunderland job. A father-son transition up there might be a good idea for the club

He's just keen because they have Defoe.

Anyone reckon Rodgers is a chance to end up at Stoke before the season's out?

He's just keen because they have Defoe.

Anyone reckon Rodgers is a chance to end up at Stoke before the season's out?
I don't think Hughes will be under that much pressure unless Stoke are in the relegation zone come Xmas, which I don't think they will be

Rodgers needs time off, shouldn't coach this season.

Ance was never a genuine chance with us, deserves better imo and how bout Ranieri to CFC?

The Hooligan Report called, it wants its joke back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly on Rodgers, I think a few agencies have him as favourite for the Toon job.

I'm hoping we give McClaren a bit of time though, he inherited a mess, appears to not really get much say on the transfers we got and hasn't been helped with our tough start to the season (think we've already played 6 of last season's top 8 in our first 8 matches).

Our transfer window IMO is the reason we're struggling at the moment (didn't bring in enough or the right type of players).

Also, I'm hoping Redknapp goes to the Mackems - IMO, they would have a better chance of going down with him than Fat Sam...not to mention Fat Sam would relish the chance to help send us down. :p

Interestingly on Rodgers, I think a few agencies have him as favourite for the Toon job.

I'm hoping we give McClaren a bit of time though, he inherited a mess, appears to not really get much say on the transfers we got and hasn't been helped with our tough start to the season (think we've already played 6 of last season's top 8 in our first 8 matches).

Our transfer window IMO is the reason we're struggling at the moment (didn't bring in enough or the right type of players).
You've had a tough start.

I like your squad, not sure what's been going wrong haven't watched 90 mins consistently but I don't think another new boss would help

You've had a tough start.

I like your squad, not sure what's been going wrong haven't watched 90 mins consistently but I don't think another new boss would help

Tend to agree that changing manager now would be counter productive jd. Unless the manager was a big name in the game (maybe Vieria if the club had been a bit ambitious), I doubt any new appointment would be able to turn things around in the short term.

On paper, there is plenty of talent in the team. I think the big issue is (and something we didn't address in the transfer window) a distinct lack of leaders and seasoned premier league players who know the league and what its all about. When times are tough, like they are now, there is too few willing to stand up and take on the fight.

I was happy with our signings (Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Thauvin, Mbemba and Toney) but they were too few and arguably all of them (with the possible exception of Wijnaldum) were probably signed more on their 'potential' rather than their current product/ability. Besides that, we're still woefully short on depth in defence (a full back and center back would go along way at the moment), a central midfielder (great idea to replace Abeid and Kemen with zilch) and a striker (if Mitro or Perez go down, we're fecked lol).

We're too weak mentally. Colo (apart from being probably 2 years past his use by date) doesn't have the iron will to lead the team and drag others with him. Ashley ultimately deserves some of the blame - can't just neglect a squad and then throw in money for signings and hope it fixes thing. I think the ultimate blame has to lie with Charnley (our Managing Director) and probably a bit with our chief scout in Graham Carr (unless he is operating under instructions to recommend players with good sell on value potential).

So with Ancelotti ruling out management until next season, do Chelsea stick with Jose until then? And if so, what are Chelsea's relegation odds?

Relegation bahaha, your kidding yourself.

SM your prediction of waving to Chelsea on the way up could be coming to fruition.....the real test is whether Jose could bring Chelsea up from the Championship. A chelsea fan at work told me the cost of paying Jose out is circa 34m :eek:
He did just sign a 4 year deal didn't he?

Seems an odd extension to me.

SM your prediction of waving to Chelsea on the way up could be coming to fruition.....the real test is whether Jose could bring Chelsea up from the Championship. A chelsea fan at work told me the cost of paying Jose out is circa 34m :eek:

Nah, that's his wage for the next 4 years. There's plenty of clauses at contract and his payout apparently would be about half that, if he wasnt to manage again. If he was he'd just be paid his wage until he got another job which is common practice when we sack our manager.

But la la la la la la la its not happening its not happening its not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back