The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to John Carver (our caretaker), he's "almost certain" we'll have a new manager in place by the end of the month.

Laudrup is the new name being bandied about.

Seems Garde could be the front runner (was quizzed on French TV over the weekend and was quoted saying "I can't say anything today") though a few news outlets saying a third 'unexpected' contender could be in the running - maybe that's Laudrup?

Rangers' caretaker Kenny McDowall has resigned. That's 2 managers Mike Cashley needs to replace now... Maybe he'll soon realise his model and way of running things isn't the most attractive for managers. :confused:

I reckon Moyes is enjoying being out of the British bubble, can't see him rushing back there.
Not least after the Everton fans boo'd him when he came back last season.

The School of Science is now...closed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly rated by SAF, a players coach who was always well liked by the playing group. Not as good as Rene though.
Yeah would have been keen to get Rene, but phelan looks decent enough.

Yeah would have been keen to get Rene, but phelan looks decent enough.
He would have played with Bruce so it makes sense. Also strengthens Bruce's position in the club. Nothing worse for a manager than having a no.2 who could take over from u if you're fired.

Newcastle keep John Carver on till end of the season. Absolutely wonderful appointment :)

Last edited:
Newcastle keep John Carver on till end of the season. Absolutely wonderful appointment :)

Totally! The appointment all Toon fans wanted and expected has become a reality. What great vision and ambition by the club! The appointment of our former assistant manager who verbally abused fans and invited them to the club to 'sort it out'. :drunk:

Genuinely fear we're going to be sucked into the relegation battle in the later stages of the season - the only silver lining is IF we can stay up, we might have a serious crack at De Boer come the end of the season.

Totally! The appointment all Toon fans wanted and expected has become a reality. What great vision and ambition by the club! The appointment of our former assistant manager who verbally abused fans and invited them to the club to 'sort it out'. :drunk:

Genuinely fear we're going to be sucked into the relegation battle in the later stages of the season - the only silver lining is IF we can stay up, we might have a serious crack at De Boer come the end of the season.

The ironic thing is, Alan Pardew was finally doing a great job at the Toon, but probably accepted the job at Palace, partly cause of all the Pardee Out hecklers who had rode his back from just about day one.

Suppose you never appreciate what you have till its gone

The ironic thing is, Alan Pardew was finally doing a great job at the Toon, but probably accepted the job at Palace, partly cause of all the Pardee Out hecklers who had rode his back from just about day one.

Suppose you never appreciate what you have till its gone

I don't know I'd go as far as saying Pards was going a 'great' job - his time with us was by and large pretty average when compared to other Toon managers in the last decade or so (as well as collecting a few unenviable records along the way). Granted he was put in a difficult situation and had to make the best of it. If nothing else, I'd commend his thick skin (though I guess there's no incentive to voluntarily resigning either when you'd forego the better part of 6 years on your contract...). I don't hate the guy, I genuinely hope he has success at Palace (he's started well too).

Most Toon fans were/are happy to see the back of him. The whole club has become stale and devoid of passion, excitement and joy under Ashley but at least changing a manager who was generally seen as a 'puppet' by most of the fans brought about change. The hope was a new manager would bring in at least a bit of energy and reinvigorate the club (even a tiny bit) Unfortunately Cashley has gone for the cheapest option and is taking a punt on Carver. As they say, its easier to change a manager than an owner - Pardew (sadly for him) was seen as a symptom of a wider problem with NUFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back