Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it all figured you see. In the middle of the night we send Peter Rohde to kidnap him from his bed. We then pull an elaborate hoax and make it look like he was kidnapped by space aliens. Neighbours will claim they saw a brilliant flash of light in the middle of the night, when in reality it was just Rohdey with an incredibly powerful dolphin torch.
We'll brain wash Cameron that he's actually John Butcher and then send him to Ashley & Martin for a Butch style hair transplant. Hey presto, Jeremy Cameron is in our forward line. John Butcher will work behind the bar at the Port Club and tell everyone he's the fourth Carlile brother.
I like it!

Don't let him near your butt

424629-54f71972-9d46-11e3-8857-926a2cf5fac5.jpg
He leads with his head in tackles, very poor technique especially in this instance in particular.

I have it all figured you see. In the middle of the night we send Peter Rohde to kidnap him from his bed. We then pull an elaborate hoax and make it look like he was kidnapped by space aliens. Neighbours will claim they saw a brilliant flash of light in the middle of the night, when in reality it was just Rohdey with an incredibly powerful dolphin torch.
We'll brain wash Cameron that he's actually John Butcher and then send him to Ashley & Martin for a Butch style hair transplant. Hey presto, Jeremy Cameron is in our forward line. John Butcher will work behind the bar at the Port Club and tell everyone he's the fourth Carlile brother.

I like it!

How could you not? It's fool proof.
Notso sure about brainwashing him to think he's John Butcher. But otherwise....foolproof! Go for it.

Even so Chad would be off limits you'd think. Part of our next premiership.
I agree. He's part of a core group of players that could take us all the way.

GWS can still throw money at players from other clubs. Their salary cap concessions don't run out until 2019. That's what it will take to lure a player from Port if a trade could ever be worked out for Cameron.

I must be in the wrong thread...

Back in April many of us made the point that as quickly as the media jumped on board and pumped up our tyres they would fall off the bike if we lost a few games. That is exactly what is happening and what is so nauseating is that it is so predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been calling him Notso since his fire walking days. ;)
I'd refer you to a post I made in the first 5 or 6 pages of the Thread about the Crows wanting to wear the State guernsey as their "heritage" but I can't be bothered looking it up.
Suffice to say his parents probably nicknamed him Notso as a toddler.

I'd refer you to a post I made in the first 5 or 6 pages of the Thread about the Crows wanting to wear the State guernsey as their "heritage" but I can't be bothered looking it up.
Suffice to say his parents probably nicknamed him Notso as a toddler.

I have it on no authority whatsoever tha when Notso met Stupid they both said...

"hey, that's what my parents called me and now it's your name..."

From the linked article:

"Off the field a lot of people say Smart is "different". He looks an intellectual type but those at the club say he is no rocket scientist.
It's just Nige is a bit of a deep thinker," said Adelaide football operations manager John Reid, who coached Smart in the SANFL at South Adelaide. "But he's a good lad, Nige, a good lad."

"A good lad, Nige, a good lad". Gave me a laugh. Almost everyone involved with a footy club has seen one of the, shall I say, "not quite right" team-mates in the club. We love them as team-mates, yet they are often a source of amusement among the group as well. It's great that a potential CEO of the Crows, following a ringing endorsement from a convicted cheat in John Reid, confirms our suspicions on this side of the wall regarding "Notso"....as if we needed it!
:)

Shit4Brains.png

"Off the field a lot of people say Smart is "different". He looks an intellectual type but those at the club say he is no rocket scientist"

Smart was heard to retort, "that's right I'm not a rocket scientist, I'm a rocket surgeon".
"It's not rocket surgery" made famous as a line in the movie Noise by ex-Adelaide boy Matthew Saville.

From the linked article:

"Off the field a lot of people say Smart is "different". He looks an intellectual type but those at the club say he is no rocket scientist.
It's just Nige is a bit of a deep thinker," said Adelaide football operations manager John Reid, who coached Smart in the SANFL at South Adelaide. "But he's a good lad, Nige, a good lad."

"A good lad, Nige, a good lad". Gave me a laugh. Almost everyone involved with a footy club has seen one of the, shall I say, "not quite right" team-mates in the club. We love them as team-mates, yet they are often a source of amusement among the group as well. It's great that a potential CEO of the Crows, following a ringing endorsement from a convicted cheat in John Reid, confirms our suspicions on this side of the wall regarding "Notso"....as if we needed it!

View attachment 69696

He was a different cat back then Nige. He sort of came from nowhere. Out of the u/19s somehow, then into the senior team. He wasnt even ripping it up. He rode a wave at about 1989-1990 when South start to be a top 5 team, and he was playing half back and just kept improving. As for being an intellect, well that article is 100% correct. He wasnt that smart :)p), but liked to come across as some sort of a cool dude who and everything under control.
Yes, he was a good lad, but he was one we could easily give a bit of stick to. He certainly has exceeded everything I thought he would achieve which I s'pose he needs to be patted on the back for.

But, in saying that, I certainly wouldnt be in favour of him being CEO or even on the board for that matter.

From the linked article:

View attachment 69696

Homer Crayon.jpg

Yep it'd suck for Boak, Wines, Wingard & our other highly paid players that'd need to take a small pay cut but i'm pretty sure they'd understand it's needed to get a player of Cameron's calibre into our club.

As said above he's the missing piece of the premiership puzzle, if he's available we need to go hard.

Please don't say Adelaide as in the Crows, they already have Walker, Jenkins & Lynch they need a KPD more than anything.

If he's keen on coming to SA to be closer to family I can't see why he'd want to play there instead of us where he'd basically be playing finals footy as our CHF for the next 10 years.

Plus Cameron in our colours looks so right :D

mh7ups.jpg

Cameron looks great in a power guernsey and it would be amazing to get him but when i sit back and think of what we would have to give up to get him i shudder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back