Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have met the guy many times. Can only speak highly of him. He's a knockabout kind of guy. If you don't like that, then you probably won't like him or his friends.
You've missed the point, point is you talk to anyone and they've got a different opinion on a public figure's character based on their own experiences, social interactions and whatever thirdhand knowledge they have at hand.

Better to make your own mind up based on your actual interactions (imo) rather than trusting the judgement of the guy next to you on these matters.

Which contradicts some reported interactions with him about the town whereby he's strutting about with his chest out while he and his cavalcade of Broken Hill mates query onlookers "don't you know who this guy is?"

Personally I prefer to reserve judgement on the character of these guys until I've met them personally. Don't forget 90% of the league thought Tredders was a tosser based on his onfield persona.

Troy Chaplin on the other hand is obviously an absolute campaigner.
My opinion os based on meeting both men. I am sure Walker is utensil of the walk in his home town though.

cRowie's copping a bit of flak today...

d88c802936db61ac0e08d7bd1e5734f6.jpg

"Who says I'm dumb!"

People also forget that you can always catch someone on a bad day! I hate to judge someone off only one meeting as I would hate it for others to do the same to me! Who knows might have just forgotten their weetbix that morning.
You're right. The first time I met Dangerfield I thought he was a well mannered quiet kid.

I wondered who could be misguided enough to call for the bouncer to be banned from cricket. Then I looked at the headline in today's Cornes article and I had an answer. No footy so Cornes has to drum up controversy by turning his attention to another sport.

One thing I did notice was Cornes' comment, Some of the world's very best bowlers used the bouncer sparingly. How would anyone, let alone Graham Cornes, really know if that was the case? Does someone keep records on the number of bouncers bowled in a career? I have followed Test Cricket since 1958 and off hand I cannot recall one truly great fast bowler who did not regularly employ the bouncer. Undoubtedly some may have used it more than others but they all used it.

If we were awarding the 'Downlow Medal' for the most mentions in the Shakes Head thread over a year I think Rowe would probably win but Cornes would be up there.
Yeah. I saw Cornes had written a cricket article and then ignored it. Just can not be bothered reading anything he has to write. Worse than listening to him. Just another person stuck in the past.

Came across this on the main board. Not sure if it has been mentioned in here (didn't see it), so apologies if it has been spoken of.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...d-so-many-stones/story-fni0ffut-1227147639506

I'd like to use the old 'there are no words' line, but I certainly have a few choice ones in my head.
I saw that earlier. I don't think that article deserves the dignity of my response.

My advice is don't read It unless you want to get pissed off. Disgraceful article.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* more ******* s**t ******* journalism.

******* campaigners in the media in this country can get ******* stuffed.

Calm down Dingle, no need for that kind of language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back