Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right now, America's Cup yachting is a more attractive option to me than 5AA.
America's Cup yachting is pretty exciting now they have gone for dragsters (hydro foiling catamarans) but if you want to see some real men, and women, sailing follow the Volvo Ocean Race.

Kim Dillon - ******* really? Crows supporters and ambassador = campaigner
Funny thing is the campaigner tries to argue he isn't biased and 'just asks the questions'..

If by questions you mean carefully constructed yes or no questions designed to misrepresent even fairly clear and unequivocal issues when it portrays us in a bad light..

ie 'has port ever made any money yes or no'...

Hope he cops a prolapse next time he smells his own farts..

Funny thing is the campaigner tries to argue he isn't biased and 'just asks the questions'..

If by questions you mean carefully constructed yes or no questions designed to misrepresent even fairly clear and unequivocal issues when it portrays us in a bad light..

ie 'has port ever made any money yes or no'...

Hope he cops a prolapse next time he smells his own farts..

Kenny correcting Jesper in the presser, brilliant!!!! Although tomorrow's headline 'Crows win by greater margin than Port'

Please elaborate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please elaborate?
Made a comment about Kenny using Broadbent differently, Ken says he always plays that position and role every week. 2 other comments I can't quite remember. Finished off by saying to Kenny we'll need to improve against hawthorn next week. Jesper was simply making assertions and opinions rather than actually asking questions.

Jake de-Niall gives his Victorian view of tonight's match:

Link

This was a game that Port Adelaide simply had to win and, as circumstances unfolded, it didn't seem possible that North Melbourne could win. Port were facing a season crisis – they would be winless from three rounds if they went down – but North found themselves in a dire mid-game crisis.

Everything was in Port's favour – incentive, injuries and the prospect that the Kangas wouldn't have the legs to finish well. Ultimately, these factors conspired to produce the anticipated result – Port winning the game they couldn't bear to lose.

But North did not accept the inevitably of defeat, that they lacked personnel, or that the scores were against them. The Roos were magnificent in maintaining their rage. They produced a spine-tingling counter-offensive in the third quarter, which had the 22,586 at Etihad roaring.

Port also held an significant edge in centre clearances – 18-8 at one stage. One particularly clean break in the second term led directly to a Schulz goal (from a free), while snaps to White and Ebert enabled it to re-establish a decent buffer – 20 points at the main break.

The result, at this point, seemed certain. In their refusal to accept the script, North probably impressed more in defeat than Port in victory. But at season's end, only the outcome matters.

Link

Made a comment about Kenny using Broadbent differently, Ken says he always plays that position and role every week. 2 other comments I can't quite remember. Finished off by saying to Kenny we'll need to improve against hawthorn next week. Jesper was simply making assertions and opinions rather than actually asking questions.

"Um thats the role he plays each week for us..." lol

I dislike Jesper a great deal. Circa 2010-2012 he was one of the many SA journos who hitched their wagon to the Sanfl and supporters their attempts to kill off the PAFC. Never forget his 'you can't come back for another lick' mis-quote from AD - some rat from the Sanfl fed Jesper this comment and he ran with it.

First time I had seen him was last night - looked every bit the weasel I would have imagined, didn't sound unlike what I would imagine a weasel to sound like either.

I am not in the media, but sometimes I wonder what goes through their head before speaking to players and coaches. If was walking down to the room to interview a player, had all game and a period of time to think of an opening question, I would like to think I could come up with something better than " So you got the win, you would rather be 1-2 than 0-3"

Jake de-Niall gives his Victorian view of tonight's match:

Link

This was a game that Port Adelaide simply had to win and, as circumstances unfolded, it didn't seem possible that North Melbourne could win. Port were facing a season crisis – they would be winless from three rounds if they went down – but North found themselves in a dire mid-game crisis.

Everything was in Port's favour – incentive, injuries and the prospect that the Kangas wouldn't have the legs to finish well. Ultimately, these factors conspired to produce the anticipated result – Port winning the game they couldn't bear to lose.

But North did not accept the inevitably of defeat, that they lacked personnel, or that the scores were against them. The Roos were magnificent in maintaining their rage. They produced a spine-tingling counter-offensive in the third quarter, which had the 22,586 at Etihad roaring.

Port also held an significant edge in centre clearances – 18-8 at one stage. One particularly clean break in the second term led directly to a Schulz goal (from a free), while snaps to White and Ebert enabled it to re-establish a decent buffer – 20 points at the main break.

The result, at this point, seemed certain. In their refusal to accept the script, North probably impressed more in defeat than Port in victory. But at season's end, only the outcome matters.

Link

Are we really going back to "Poor North" summaries?

I thought it was an era of profitable premiership windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back