Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Lloyd the all-intelligent football expert had a glimpse of what was going wrong at Port this year:

First, he talks about how Kane retiring must have distracted Port and us losing our best player from the weekend is not good for our year. (Caro was defending him with actual logical points *nods head*)

Lloyd then brings up the 'key 4 points' as to why we have been bad this year.
  • Our depth isn't very good. Polec and Wines out has hurt (never mind that we were struggling with them both in the side)
  • Second tier are struggling
  • Lobbe and Ryder not meshing (never mind that they are averaging 45 HO's and have kicked 6 goals between them in 5 games together this year)
  • Scores from turnovers not there (this is actually the one fair point
When he talks about our 'second tier' player (Polec and Pittard) he says that neither of them have been having an impact this year. Yes, the same Polec who was playing injured and is now LTI, and the same Pittard who'd be high in our BnF count this year.
He then goes on to say that it has hurt us that Wingard and Gray have had to spend more time in the midfield which means that neither of them have been scoring goals this year, even though Gray has kicked 6 and Wingard's kicked 12 with at least one goal in every game this year. On top of this, he talks about how we can't get it into our forward line, right after he has criticised us for playing 2 of our best players in the midfield instead of up forward.

Obviously the whole footy world knows that Lloyd is an absolute flog, but I don't think I've seen such a poorly thought out piece in a long time. It was all just complete crap. Why bother dedicating 5 minutes of air time to Port if you're not going to bother doing any research on them?

The fact they talked about us at all on Footy Classified, and in the first segment is amazing, although you tell they wanted to rush it along to make more boring points about Mick Malthouse and Carlton, Lloyd's simplistic analysis ain't that far off.

Wingard and Gray kicked 42 and 43 respectively last year. Gray in particular is no where near that pace in 2015. Our goal kicking IS a problem. Ryder and Lobbe haven't gelled. Lobbe has been disappointing and his form isn't a patch on last year. At least he took a couple of marks last week which is a bit of an improvement. Ryder has not set the world on fire and probably hasn't had a game where he has been in the 5 best. Much of our second 9/12 in the likes of Jonas, Broadbent, Hartlett, White, Impey have all been pretty poor, Jasper has improved but in the last few weeks its been a bot back to the old Jasper. None of the fringe players in Moore, the top knots, Gray, Neade, or AH Chee have demanded a spot.

Who's having a good or on par year? Boak, Gray, Monfries, Wingard, Bobby pre the game he had off, Pittard's first 5 weeks, Ditto Ebert. Schulz had a good couple of weeks then lost his kick. Westhoff continues to disappoint. Trengove's disposal always worries me.

Hinkley doesnt appear to have the answers. Our fitness has disappeared. We need to snap out of it... And fast.

Anyone read the Power Inquest in the Advertiser today? The points made under selection was that Westhoff, Hartlett, Monfries and White are the most under fire. Wtf, one of these is not quite like the others, Monfries is one of the few players actually giving it his all and having a good year so far. His spot in the side couldn't be any safer.

Anyone read the Power Inquest in the Advertiser today? The points made under selection was that Westhoff, Hartlett, Monfries and White are the most under fire. Wtf, one of these is not quite like the others, Monfries is one of the few players actually giving it his all and having a good year so far. His spot in the side couldn't be any safer.

Had this same argument with a guy here at work

Reckons Gus should be dropped and I couldn't have agreed less with him

Monfries is about the only one up forward firing most weeks. And pleasingly starting to get up the ground into the midfield a bit more then he was able to post the North game last year. Yes, he needs to stop accentuating the frees so much, but he's only in a position to because he's putting his body on the line the way too many of his teammates aren't this year.

Ideally, he'd like to have been hitting the scoreboard more with only 9 goals in 8 games but he has definitely picked up in the last 3 when others have dropped off. That tells me he is someone that hates losing and showing leadership by trying to lift his teammates. He is not waiting for someone else to do it. Why would you drop someone like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the bridge is not a failure and the railway station logjam is not much of an issue. Its called living in a city, which is what half of Adelaideans forget that they live in - a city, not a little town, of which even by American standards, a city of over 1.3 million is a large city.

I think you will fit in fine at the Adelaide Now comments section

So much this.

Your average Adelaidean feels they are entitled to get from Gawler to Noarlunga in 15 minutes and if not ITS THE STATE BANK DEBACLE ALL OVER AGAIN

Crowey banging on about how Port should sack Hinkley as it compares to the Malthouse situation. Can dumber get even more dumber :oops:

No he wasn't. He was having a go at something Bickley said and made the comment "well if that's the way it goes Port should sack Ken Hinkley then. That's effectively what you're saying".

I'm all for ripping into Rowe as much as anyone but he was simply sticking up for Malthouse and drawing some sort of parallel with Hinkley and Port's poor performances over the last 3 weeks.

He's defending Malthouse, and saying " well Port should sack Ken then.......the players aren't responding "

What an idiotic comparison, from an idiot.
What an absolute ********. There is no comparison whatsoever.

No he wasn't. He was having a go at something Bickley said and made the comment "well if that's the way it goes Port should sack Ken Hinkley then. That's effectively what you're saying".

I'm all for ripping into Rowe as much as anyone but he was simply sticking up for Malthouse and drawing some sort of parallel with Hinkley and Port's poor performances over the last 3 weeks.
Its the comparison he used i was on about. If i didn't hear it then i must be listening to a different station, and a different Crowey. He said it alright.

Its the comparison he used i was on about. If i didn't hear it then i must be listening to a different station, and a different Crowey. He said it alright.

He said it but he didn't mean "Hinkley should be sacked". Sheesh.

He was trying to stick up for Malthouse and attempted to use Hinkley and Port's run of bad form as a reason why coaches shouldn't just be chopped willy nilly. Maybe he used a poor example but he wasn't saying "Port should sack Hinkley".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back