Roast The Melbourne Board NAPALM thread (hosted by Topkent)

Remove this Banner Ad

I was expecting anything mate, I said he was ok
There was one passage when he spread harder than anyway else and got a kick on the far side of the ground, very encouraging work rate for a first gamer

Again im not expecting him to have 24, just giving you the comparison of a GREAT game

Why would I neck meself when we still have the joy of Hawthorn coming up

That spread you're talking about was great. I was watching him and thinking "just give him the bloody ball!"

Regarding the joys of the Hawthorn game coming up - I hear ya there. But if GWS can do it....

What controversial topic will Roos bring up in the media to take the heat off this shithouse performance?

The sub rule has been drained dry, hasn't it?

The Etihad surface?

"But Roosy, your team is yet to play there this year?"

".....so?"

If we get flogged by the dogs the napalming might resemble Vietnam

Players in the gun
Dawes, Lumumba, Howe

One mini torch from the weekend

Poor recruiting, we had Dom Tyson who was the only left footer in our selected side after Salem went down

Makes it predictable with which wing we are going to use because it's hard to kick to other side under pressure on your right

Last edited:
If we get flogged by the dogs the napalming might resemble Vietnam

Players in the gun
Dawes, Lumumba, Howe

+ Paul Roos who needs to lift the side

One mini torch from the weekend

Poor recruiting, we had Dom Tyson who was the only left footer in our selected side after Salem went down

Makes it predictable with which wing we are going to use because it's hard to kick to other side under pressure on your right
Later in the year. flogged by Carlton = Armageddon

Apocalypse-Now.gif

TO THOSE PEOPLE ON THE BOARD WHO WILL REMAIN UNNAMED, OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS AND THE PEOPLE IN THE MEDIA THIS NAPALM IS FOR YOU

PAUL ******* ROOS has improved this side, the guy is a master coach and his coaching against Geelong was excellent
We now have one of the toughest midfields in the competition, hardest defences to score against and most efficient forward lines in the game

We just passed the halfway mark of his games coached, One more preseason to go and I reckon we will be in great shape when Goodwin gets the list

Apocalypse-Now.gif

TO THOSE PEOPLE ON THE BOARD WHO WILL REMAIN UNNAMED, OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS AND THE PEOPLE IN THE MEDIA THIS NAPALM IS FOR YOU

PAUL ******* ROOS has improved this side, the guy is a master coach and his coaching against Geelong was excellent
We now have one of the toughest midfields in the competition, hardest defences to score against and most efficient forward lines in the game

We just passed the halfway mark of his games coached, One more preseason to go and I reckon we will be in great shape when Goodwin gets the list
Napalm yourself for all of your imaginary bedroom exploits!
Roos deserved criticism for his coaching against Collingwood and St Kilda. He has been great for us, no one would seriously question that, but he is capable of making mistakes.

Napalm yourself for all of your imaginary bedroom exploits!
Roos deserved criticism for his coaching against Collingwood and St Kilda. He has been great for us, no one would seriously question that, but he is capable of making mistakes.

There's a difference between criticism and demanding his sacking.

Blowtorch- Dom Tyson

His Ball use and decision making by foot is horrid, its regressed badly this year
He looks anything but a number 3 draft pick at this point in time

No excuses, he needs to improve a hell of alot because Jones and Vince are a lone hand in the midfield this year in terms of high numbers

Blowtorch- Dom Tyson

His Ball use and decision making by foot is horrid, its regressed badly this year

No excuses, he needs to improve a hell of alot because Jones and Vince are a lone hand in the midfield this year in terms of high numbers
He was fine yesterday, if racking up 20 disposals at 85% with 6 tackles and 18 pressure acts gets him the blowtorch we are looking at Gary Ablett type stuff when he's at his best then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was fine yesterday, if racking up 20 disposals at 85% with 6 tackles and 18 pressure acts gets him the blowtorch we are looking at Gary Ablett type stuff when he's at his best then.

Agreed.

yea he has dropped off and might even be carrying something but his worst is still better then most of the teams best.

Blowtorch- Dom Tyson

Did you even watch the game?
Or do you just like to keep bumping a thread that you put your name in the title?

Nat Jones is wearing about fifty fireproof suits though; you can torch him but he's got credits in the bank.

Hm. Somewhere along the way my metaphors got confused.

I know where you're coming from. Jones has plenty of runs on the board, except lately he hasn't been running and the board has turned against him. He's been carrying the side for years but now he's dropped the bundle. There's no 'Nathan Jones' in 'team'. Delist.

I know where you're coming from. Jones has plenty of runs on the board, except lately he hasn't been running and the board has turned against him. He's been carrying the side for years but now he's dropped the bundle. There's no 'Nathan Jones' in 'team'. Delist.

Not that he has been crap, just not doing his job as captain. I want him to ******* lead this club like a sick campaigner. Been really quiet fwiw.

Not that he has been crap, just not doing his job as captain. I want him to ******* lead this club like a sick campaigner. Been really quiet fwiw.
Mate he's not leading you, he's leading the players. He doesn't have to come out and talk smack every week in the media to be a good captain. Nor does he need to do the old Brad Green Jumper Tug to look passionate. I'm not in the inner sanctum but I'll wager he's doing a top class job as captain.

Mate he's not leading you, he's leading the players. He doesn't have to come out and talk smack every week in the media to be a good captain. Nor does he need to do the old Brad Green Jumper Tug to look passionate. I'm not in the inner sanctum but I'll wager he's doing a top class job as captain.

I dunno, if you ask me, if your goalless for a qtr against the dead last team in the comp, you've got leadership issues.

Did you even watch the game?
Or do you just like to keep bumping a thread that you put your name in the title?

Yeah and I thought he just chucked the ball on the boot quite lazily a few times

Come on mate you know statistics don't prove an argument

I think for a guy who was judged one of the top 3 talents in the country his use by foot is not good enough

Yeah and I thought he just chucked the ball on the boot quite lazily a few times

Come on mate you know statistics don't prove an argument

I think for a guy who was judged one of the top 3 talents in the country his use by foot is not good enough

They aren't everything but they are a better indication than "his use by foot is not good enough".

Also pressure acts show that he's pestering his man constantly which is what everybody wanted from him as well as laying more tackles which he is, Tyson played fine yesterday.

They aren't everything but they are a better indication than "his use by foot is not good enough".

Also pressure acts show that he's pestering his man constantly which is what everybody wanted from him as well as laying more tackles which he is, Tyson played fine yesterday.

I'm not arguing against his pressure, I think he's been better than last year in that
I'm saying by foot he is dissappointing, a poor decision maker who regularly tried to execute kicks that he can't

Tyson just looks really laconic to me, like he has a touch of the (hopefully old) Jack Watts'.

He does a decent job of things when he's around the ball, but he labours to get there and thinks his disposal is much better than it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back