Toast The morning after the night before

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it was grand , I jumped on us at $7.50 as I had a good feeling about it.

But I cashed in at half time as at that point I was left with 2/3 verse a 1/3 it didn’t make sense.

But like a cagey bin chicken I jumped back on when the wheels to some looked like they may come off . This time we were paying $4.65.

Just feel like a winner winner bin chicken dinner today.

33 scores shots is an awful lot lol.

Heart rate has settled. Thank god, but I’m embarrassed with the state of my fingernails. Absolutely shocking.

Maybe I will take heed of my late father’s advice.
Son. ‘The only way you will stop chewing your nails is by sticking your fingers up your bum’

Cheers Dad
Worked for me, I mean for a friend of mine. Be careful - you might develop a new habit.

All I wanted us to be was competitive. None of these blow outs. Just show us something. Got to the last quarter and somehow expected a Collingwood like capitulation. When tiggers hit the front I said to my wife - we will still win this because the boys are attacking. Rest is history. So proud, so excited, but must have had hay fever as my eyes were watering.

Watching the second half and tossing up in my mind, was it better to make the heartstopping comeback win or would I have preferred to run away with it in the second half? Now it’s over, I think we get more out of coming back from behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voice absolutely gone still.

Only regret is not taking my 8 yo. He's not hugely into footy, mostly I think because getting smashed each week makes young kids disinterested.

Apparently he was watching the last quarter and screaming at the telly.

Really wish he'd been there as hugging strangers and singing the song 10 times is about as good as it gets.

How good is it to go to a game and win like that, and then be able to come home and watch it all over again on replay! Seeing premierships and finals wins live is great, but being there for that win yesterday given the circumstances is up there as one of the most satisfying of all time.

Was also great to take my 8 year old daughter who has stuck ‘phat’ over the lean years, and for her to show up at school tomorrow with some new found pride in her footy team.

Go Roos!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Loving the stories of the joeys revelling in the long awaited win. How awesome for the Joeys to finally feel what it is like to score that kind of win.

My Joey and I were roaring at the final siren, hugging & belting out the victory song with gusto.

When he was heading to bed in his North Melbourne pjs, we belted it out again.

slightly hung over as the whiskey got a run last night... never cried or hugged strangers in public before... cant say that now... was the best win i have been to, what an amazing feeling of relief and pure joy! Catching the train home "next stop, North Melbourne" couldn't contain the CARN' THE ROOS!! Strutting around the main street looking for foods after the match proudly in my scarf still filled with elation... went home and threw on the replay straight away.
Thinking on the night.... I'm not crying, you are......

Spent before the game in the Premiership Room with Leigh Adams very nervous parents. Sonja Hood was again impressive, very friendly and down to earth. Back into the Premiership Room at half time to see Stevo line up a stack of past players on the stage and a very loud version of the club song.
After the game the Premiership Room was abuzz. Leigh's parents were very happy and emotional. When the players sang the song on TV the supporters were deafening. Then I was easily led over to the Mail Exchange and it was full of North supporters. Random people in North colours walking up, saying hello and how good the feeling was. Great night

Watching the second half and tossing up in my mind, was it better to make the heartstopping comeback win or would I have preferred to run away with it in the second half? Now it’s over, I think we get more out of coming back from behind.
Having to win twice is way sweeter. That will probably get lost on most pundits.

Oh well

Just started my 4th watch of the game.
4 wins this weekend!
By the end of the day we will be in the 8.
winning charlie sheen GIF

Loving the stories of the joeys revelling in the long awaited win. How awesome for the Joeys to finally feel what it is like to score that kind of win.

My Joey and I were roaring at the final siren, hugging & belting out the victory song with gusto.

When he was heading to bed in his North Melbourne pjs, we belted it out again.
There was a young kid who would have been about 10 in front of us that said at half time…… I like this new coach LOL

We all laughed and commented how nice it must be to watch footy through the eyes of a kid and all got nervous at it was only half time.

Kids going to have a ripper week at school I would think?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back