Win Prizes The NBA Off-Season Thread 2018 (now includes pre season games)

Remove this Banner Ad

This seems like the appropriate thread. I just watched the Iverson documentry on netflix. If you want to scream the words "that's not true" and "Wow taken out of context" Orrrrrr "maybe Iverson was a dickhead" I'll agree.

Yes I also know that the sentence to the trial was insane. Yes america is racist especially coming from a VERY whit part of America.

I won a hotdog with cheese AND sauce from my high basketball coach on who would win game one in 2000.

Probably my 3rd favorite player of all time to watch, but that "documentry" is an absolute puff piece and he is qupted as by sooooo many players as the worst team mate ever. I personally don't think he is a good person just overall

This seems like the appropriate thread. I just watched the Iverson documentry on netflix. If you want to scream the words "that's not true" and "Wow taken out of context" Orrrrrr "maybe Iverson was a dickhead" I'll agree.

Yes I also know that the sentence to the trial was insane. Yes america is racist especially coming from a VERY whit part of America.

I won a hotdog with cheese AND sauce from my high basketball coach on who would win game one in 2000.

Probably my 3rd favorite player of all time to watch, but that "documentry" is an absolute puff piece and he is qupted as by sooooo many players as the worst team mate ever. I personally don't think he is a good person just overall

Yeah it was hard to watch at times. The whole bolwing alley incident was distasteful. Should've gone down the Bynum route instead.

Haven't seen it, but seeing as Iverson himself was behind that doco it's obviously going to be pretty one-sided. The definitive look on the trial is 'No Crossover' - done by the same guy who did Hoop Dreams. Takes both view points of him into account, whilst acknowledging that the incident and the guy himself are not easily characterised.

I still have a lot of love for the guy - personified NBA counter-culture and literally defined a league in a way few (if any) have, still one of the most incredible athletes we've ever seen, time and time again put Philly on his back, and in an era where superstars of the past continually like to say that their era was better, tougher, he's the one guy who regularly props up the current day players and the game.

But, it's hard to look at what's happened in his personal life and say that he was anything other than an actual bad guy, rather than the anti-hero image that I had of him as a kid. I hope he's turned some sort of corner there, and I feel like maybe he has, but yeah it's complicated.

Haven't seen it, but seeing as Iverson himself was behind that doco it's obviously going to be pretty one-sided. The definitive look on the trial is 'No Crossover' - done by the same guy who did Hoop Dreams. Takes both view points of him into account, whilst acknowledging that the incident and the guy himself are not easily characterised.

I still have a lot of love for the guy - personified NBA counter-culture and literally defined a league in a way few (if any) have, still one of the most incredible athletes we've ever seen, time and time again put Philly on his back, and in an era where superstars of the past continually like to say that their era was better, tougher, he's the one guy who regularly props up the current day players and the game.

But, it's hard to look at what's happened in his personal life and say that he was anything other than an actual bad guy, rather than the anti-hero image that I had of him as a kid. I hope he's turned some sort of corner there, and I feel like maybe he has, but yeah it's complicated.
It was because of A.I that we now have a dress code at games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When things are going well, everybody’s happy, everybody wants to be here. But when things get rough, that’s when you really figure out who’s your brother, who’s really in the war with you, who’s really in the fight with you,” Wall said.

Interdasting

I think he's a guy where his background and development (both good and bad) is an explanation (but not an "excuse") for his personality and behaviours - from as far as we could tell. Could also explain why it was hard for the guy, who always felt he had to prove himself, to adjust his game to become a productive role player when his athleticism waned.

I think AI was great for the league and for Philly but I just wish he was able to be 5% more balanced probably would've avoided the image problems and could've had a longer career (but probably would never have reached his MVP heights or got Philly to the finals)

Look2Me4Guidance Canadas own Triano and Ty Corbin removed from the Suns organisation. Good?
Yeah I’ve never been a fan of an interim coach sticking around if he didn’t get the main gig. Ty Corbin just never got it done. Come to us Igor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back