Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's had 40 touches a few times this year. Could be another Lipinski. But it's strange that he can't get a game in that under performing senior team. Be interesting to see if he does in the second half of the season. Because surely the selectors have to start swinging the axe
I agrre that he would be a good pick up but we have a few that can't get a game in the midfield already, so he would just be in the waiting in the wings like the others.

Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Never forget the flack we copped when we traded Treloar, Stephenson, Our first round pick (when coming 17th) and Grundy - over the past few years from this mob.

This proves a well run organisation prevails over one that pays in brown paper bags
Carlton really are not willing to do the hard work or make the hard decisions.

They want ready made players with high credentials and all the accolades, pay them big bucks on long contracts & that's their work done.

And then just have a rotation of coaches when the prima donna's don't deliver.

Carlton really are not willing to do the hard work or make the hard decisions.

They want ready made players with high credentials and all the accolades, pay them big bucks on long contracts & that's their work done.

And then just have a rotation of coaches when the prima donna's don't deliver.
I reckon close to half our best 22 are players from other clubs, mid-season draft etc - eg Mihocek, Noble, Crisp, Mitchell, Johnson etc - great effort boys - how many top ten picks - 3? - Pendlebury, Moore, Nick Daicos?

I reckon close to half our best 22 are players from other clubs, mid-season draft etc - eg Mihocek, Noble, Crisp, Mitchell, Johnson etc - great effort boys - how many top ten picks - 3? - Pendlebury, Moore, Nick Daicos?
Carlton still have that mentality of buying success.

I sincerely hope the AFL is looking closely into their player contracts & salary cap... because I'd be super surprised something dodgy wasn't going on there as well.

Wouldn't that be icing on the cake?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know how you can tease a mate who has put on a few pounds for being fat but it’s a bit mean to tease the properly obese ones? Carlton may have just transitioned.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
+ De Goey. Hoskin-Elliott was top ten at another club.

Carlton still have that mentality of buying success.

I sincerely hope the AFL is looking closely into their player contracts & salary cap... because I'd be super surprised something dodgy wasn't going on there as well.

Wouldn't that be icing on the cake?

contempt for the salary cap is in their DNA

they are cursed until they return the '95 cup

Straight from the Sam Newman school of coaching. He used bang on about kicking it long all the time. Need to move it quickly into forward 50 but with precision and hit up a target. The Blues should look at Don Pyke. He's suppossed to be a bit of a forward whiz. Maybe he could sort out Carlton's dysfunctional forward line. Of course I hope that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
I love Carlton getting the prime time slots, means my weekend always starts with a smile.
We need to petition the AFL to continue this practise.

Nothing better after a hard week than grabbing a pizza and watching Carlton spud it up on consecutive Friday nights ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back