The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We really need to get a pick in the 1-10 range.

Deron out, if the Nets move Joe Johnson ...that is our best shot.

If the Nets suck this year and we get lucky with Dallas we could end up with 5, 8 & our own pick.

Like the Wallace out trade, the fact we didn't need to attach a pick and we got Lee....things looking good.

Plus only summer league but Smart looks like he's been working on his outside shooting

There is also another first round pick in play but its a Hail Mary at this stage.

2016 first round draft pick from Minnesota
Minnesota's 2016 1st round pick to Boston (via Phoenix) protected for selections 1-12; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Minnesota will instead convey its 2016 2nd round pick and 2017 2nd round pick to Boston [Minnesota-New Orleans-Phoenix, 7/27/2012; Boston-Phoenix, 1/9/2015]

Minny have some nice young players on their roster now. They could do a Phoenix of two seasons back and over achieve for a year.

Will be lucky to get on the court. Very average player.

He can play. Just starved of chances at OKC

OKC bloggers don't think he's much.

Jones has been a tantalizing prospect ever since he dropped to the Thunder's hands with the 28th overall pick of the 2012 draft, but the results never followed in the three years since. Last season, he averaged 4.3 points across 43 games while shooting below .400 from the field and .250 from three-point range. When injuries decimated the top-end of the roster, he was given the chance to start but failed to impress consistently and was eventually booted from the rotation entirely.

Yep but basically we upgrade a 2nd rounder (protected vs unprotected), get cash and we can look at him over training camp and cut him if he does not show enough (paying him out using their cash).

It literally is a we can not lose scenario.

We're playing Portland in round 2 of summer league

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/bracket/?ls=iref:nba:gnav&ls=iref:nbahpt13a

we beat them last time but this time - Vonleh is suiting up

It's been fun to watch RJ Hunter gain confidence and his shot since Utah and Jordan Mickey pretty much consistently beasting it.

I also like Jonathan Holmes but we don't have a spot on the roster

If he's on Danny's radar he'll fnd a spot for him.

We still havent signed Lee yet so we could ship a few bodies out in that deal. Given Pressey was cut it's probably Wallace and Babb going the other way.

Thornton will probably be stashed away somewhere else to play.

After that it's less obvious what can be done to reduce roster numbers. Turner probably looks like the odd guy out going forward simply due to him playing a style that isn't to the benefit of our young guards getting minutes and experience running the offence. Maybe we trade him for a waivable player and chump change to free up some more space.

ok no one has posted this season, I have not watched ball for a long time, loving the celtic team this season and the abilty to have a team the is pretty all round, not going to light the world on fire but enjoying watch the side that is pretty deep go about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have liked what we have done so far this season.. Bloody Smart looks injury prone.. If he is going to be our future starting PG to build this side around, he needs to lift as the back up plan in I.T is taking the reins and killing it.

I still kick myself in how we won that trade
im kicking myself how we didnt win today damnit

dont forget - we have the nets unprotected first round the next two drafts. currently looking good. the test will be to see if we trade before the lottery and maximise our 'potential pick' for a ready made player, or take a punt on pick 1 (probably around 15%) and try to trade out if we dont get it. would love to get simmonds but will be bloody hard/lucky

I'm not even sure.

He's a guard wasting away on the bench. Obviously isn't showing much at the moment at training.
I really wanted Justise Winslow but unfortunatley he was never going to last that long and we couldnt get the trade. Would throw the sink at Simmons

Whats Brooklyns current position in the NBA overall ladder? If we go Lotto forget bout trading it. You build through the draft. Bill Simmons come on down!

In regards to Winslow, we were trying too hard and putting in pretty much 2 years worth of nba picks. Even Ainge said it was ludicrous. Rozier wont be staying long unless he proves better than Smart

We'll end up with a pick between 1-6 with Brooklyn's pick.

Rozier has looked good in his time on the court. If we could land a star with Smart as part of the deal I'd trade Smart and keep Rozier to develop as a handy PG.

Whats Brooklyns current position in the NBA overall ladder? If we go Lotto forget bout trading it. You build through the draft. Bill Simmons come on down!

In regards to Winslow, we were trying too hard and putting in pretty much 2 years worth of nba picks. Even Ainge said it was ludicrous. Rozier wont be staying long unless he proves better than Smart

I would argue we've already built now - we just need star power. #1 will be a star, but 2,3,4,5,6? I honestly havent looked at the other young players as ive been too caught up in Simmons mania. Are they worth sticking around for - or do we package our pick and get a DeAndre Jordan type?

I would argue we've already built now - we just need star power. #1 will be a star, but 2,3,4,5,6? I honestly havent looked at the other young players as ive been too caught up in Simmons mania. Are they worth sticking around for - or do we package our pick and get a DeAndre Jordan type?
Who would you say is our kids that will lead us to the next title?

Based on positions these are the kids that I see leading us:
PG: Thomas, Smart, Rozier*,
SG: Bradley, Hunter*, Thornton
SF: Crowder*, Turner, Jerebko, Young
PF: Johnson, Sullinger, Mickey*
C: Zeller*, Olynyk*, Lee

- Jury is still out on Hunter this early and likewise with Rozier

- Crowder is our best Small Forward, but is he one that can take the next step into an all star category?

- I was stoked with Mickey, but he is behind Sully and Johnson in the PF who aren't going to be here for our next championship IMO

- Zeller and Oly need to lift and get consistent with their performance.

Based on this Thomas, Smart and Bradley are probably our best chance at becoming All stars and capable of being in our championship.. all are guards.

Picks in the top 10, you keep unless its a swap to land a Lillard/Wall type player (young and already proven) but clubs would want at least 2-3 draft picks and a Crowder/Smart.. you saw what they were like when we tried to trade up.. clubs dont want to trade their picks in the top 10, let alone offload a young star. We need a big man, but I reckon we could still net one with a top 6 pick.. We could still end up with pick 1 in the lotto system with Brooklyn's pick.. knowing Phili though, they will get it.

I love the job Brad Stevens is doing at Celtics just a question now of when he will win is a title

Remove this Banner Ad

Back