The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread was on page FOUR? And hasn't been updated in 3 months? What the s**t?

Anyways, bring on K Love. Get it done, Ainge.

Depends what we have to give up to get him.

Given how Love plays you'd have to think that KO would be a young player that might get sent the other way seeing as he's big man who can space the floor.

I'd rather keep Sully to play along side Klove. A trade for Asik is also a must. I have no idea how the salaries work or how to make it happen but a starting line up of...

Asik
Love
Green
Bradley
Rondo

Humph
Pressey
Sullinger
Faverani
Pierce...

...Is a play-off bound team. Especially in the east.

I'd let Bayless, Bogans,Babb go.

I'd like to see if we could bring Humph back as he'd be handy in the second unit. And yes, I'd like to see if we could get PP back on a vet minimum 2 year deal.

In all honesty its going to take Olynyk, Sullinger and pick 6 to even be int he Kevin Love conversation.

I'm intrigued to see who you guys target in the draft. Maybe Gordon?

I'm not sure we would send two PF to Minny in a deal. Bradley and Green are potential trade chips as well.

We lack offensive weapons and Stevens likes high IQ basketball guys so Saric might be a posibility to fill those needs.

Having said that there's a chance we trade the pick or draft someone for a team then flip them off to that team for players/assets.

Boston Celtics give

2014 Pick 6
2014 Pick 17
2015 1st Round Pick
Jared Sullinger

for

Kevin Love

That's what it would take, and I would do that.

That means we keep could see a starting lineup of

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Love
Olynyk

That is a damn competitive starting lineup.

KO isn't what we need at C. He'd get butchered on the low post. We need a legit rim protector if we're to play Love effectively as a stretch 4.

#asikorbust

KO is a 6th man kind of guy.

Boston Celtics give

2014 Pick 6
2014 Pick 17
2015 1st Round Pick
Jared Sullinger

for Kevin Love

Pretty close to the mark.

To swap Olynyk for Asik would cost another first rounder (top 15 knowing Morey) on top of that.

Somehow turning Pick 6 plus Olynyk into Love and Asik is a pipe-dream.

Boston Celtics give

2014 Pick 6
2014 Pick 17
2015 1st Round Pick
Jared Sullinger

for

Kevin Love

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Love
Olynyk

It really isn't. In the East it would get us to about 3rd or 4th. No interior defence, a horrible bench and Olynyk isn't made to be a starter.

I will throw up if we throw away Sullinger, and some very good assets due to this ridiculous idea that Love will do a KG and take us back to the finals.

I'm really beginning to dislike the idea of bringing in Love. Not a franchise changer like Garnett.

Not many players are is the problem. He's only 25 though and already arguably the best PF in the league. Despite upbeat articles trying to say otherwise Boston has never really been a prime landing place for max contract stud players when they consider their destinations.

Not many players are is the problem. He's only 25 though and already arguably the best PF in the league. Despite upbeat articles trying to say otherwise Boston has never really been a prime landing place for max contract stud players when they consider their destinations.
Yeah I know. What other options do you think Ainge could take though?

Other than the Love option, to get Boston near contending in the next few seasons, Ainge would have to do some incredible GM work. This rebuild will take a lot longer than I think people realise unfortunately.

Yeah I know. What other options do you think Ainge could take though?

Other than the Love option, to get Boston near contending in the next few seasons, Ainge would have to do some incredible GM work. This rebuild will take a lot longer than I think people realise unfortunately.

Love said he doesnt care if the team isn't contending right away, just that they are building a team to contend with.

I think that would be music to someone like Ainge's ears. Something he can sell to a player like Love along with the Brad Stevens building for something big mindset.

All I know with Ainge is that whatever people think he's doing, he's probably doing something completely different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boston Celtics give

2014 Pick 6
2014 Pick 17
2015 1st Round Pick
Jared Sullinger

for

Kevin Love

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Love
Olynyk

I'd like that better if we could keep Sullinger and send Olynyk.

We would want to be bloody careful that if Love comes it is not a Dwight Howard LA pass through situation. Even if he came (I don't think he will) - it is going to be a competitive process to get him and I would be worried that LA and GSW would look to swing him over the following year.

As much as I'd like to get him, I cant see Love/Rondo with a solid supporting cast getting the job done - I don't live for Eastern Conference play ....we need to get over the likes of OKC and the Heat in 7 game playoff series.

To me the ideal situation is to hold onto Rondo and add the 2 first rounders....then make a move in free agency the year after when we will be much better placed. This also gives Sully and KO another year of improvement, we will likely add another solid piece in say a Randle or a Smart - someone ready to play and at pick 17 we are a chance to grab a Ennis or Hood (reasonable chances).

If we can move Bass and/or Green - we could potentially land the 2 big players we need following year.

We will have decent picks next year too, I just think we build the base and do it right.

My basic, summed up thoughts are this;

If we do NOT get another legitimate star player in that 24-27 year old range, like Kevin Love, then there is zero point holding on to Rondo.

The Boston Celtics either need to;

1. Be serious about adding talent around Rondo to compete, OR
  2. Be serious about rebuilding, blow it up completely including trading Rondo, and get as many high draft picks and young quality players as possible.

My basic, summed up thoughts are this;

If we do NOT get another legitimate star player in that 24-27 year old range, like Kevin Love, then there is zero point holding on to Rondo.

The Boston Celtics either need to;

1. Be serious about adding talent around Rondo to compete, OR
  2. Be serious about rebuilding, blow it up completely including trading Rondo, and get as many high draft picks and young quality players as possible.

Yeah I agree tbh. Even if you do go all out for Love its important to not gut the core of the team and assets in doing so, ala Melo and the Knicks. Maybe it makes more sense to wait for the free agency class of 2015. In which case its decision time on Rondo, and given the strength of this draft, if you could flip him and get another top end pick it would open up getting a Smart or Exum. Not sure anyone at the pointy end is looking to trade this year tho

Ainge is going to have a busy couple of months

You didn't like that suggestion? I was trying to help. But I thought your bedtime was 3 hours ago
Pissweak attempt at trolling.

Couldn't care less about your opinion anything Celtic related because unless it involves Blake Griffin you don't have a clue

Draft Aaron Gordon and hope he turns out anything like a poor mans Griffin

Gordon defends way too much to be compared to Blake.

We might have to use your first rounder next year to find our poor man's BG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back