The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Remove this Banner Ad

dont think so.
I guess it depends on what we have to take back but if its not a contract that expires at end of the season im all for it.
If you can get rid of Barg contract as well then Phil is going to own NYC.

Barg haha...how is that arse clowns injury going? That was my highlight of the season, worst dunk attempt in a long time.

Barg haha...how is that arse clowns injury going? That was my highlight of the season, worst dunk attempt in a long time.
get out the Knicks thread ya OKC tosser :D

get out the Knicks thread ya OKC tosser :D

Stewie is in here too, even if its only liking posts :D

P.S - If you flogs get Melo on a max deal your club will end up in the cellar for years to come, the bloke is only interested in himself and money..only the Lakers and you blokes are stupid enough to offer him max deals.

Stewie is in here too, even if its only liking posts :D

P.S - If you flogs get Melo on a max deal your club will end up in the cellar for years to come, the bloke is only interested in himself and money..only the Lakers and you blokes are stupid enough to offer him max deals.

I like Stewie though :D
We were ****ed before Melo and we are ****ed with him and we are ****ed after him so it doesnt matter lol

Haha it was suppose to come across as a follow up to your post, man... I only went looking for stories because I saw your post!

Internet and context, eh?
Yes haha!

Is it really worth getting rid of Stat? He's an expiring anyway, and it's not like you guys are doing anything this year.

Do you guys have a draft pick this year (serious question) ?
If it's done in the next 48 hours it takes STAT off their cap hold. Plus Philly can afford it since they are around 18 mill under the cap floor. effectively only paying STAT 5 mill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Knicks have waived veteran forward Lamar Odom and re-signed center Cole Aldrich.

Knicks President Phil Jackson signed Odom, who played for him in Los Angeles, at the end of last season. But the former Sixth Man of the Year never played a game for New York.

Jackson says Friday in a statement: ''Unfortunately, Lamar was unable to uphold the standards to return as an NBA player. We found it necessary to free up the roster spot.''

Too much candy.

Or something.

giphy.gif

Dont post on here much guys so bear with me. Have gotten into the NBA in the last few years and through a mate at work jumped on the Knicks, for better or worse.

Like many here he was of the opinion that a max deal to Melo would be madness. Now granted the salary cap appears a lot more in depth than the AFL but what can they now do in the short term to give Melo the roster he supposedly wants ?? That and what were they thinking giving away picks for so many years. For one of the biggest organisations in the league they appear poorly run, even if Jackson and Fisher seem to be changing things.

And also, how many of you have been to a game at MSG ?? The missus and I hope to see one in December.

Dont post on here much guys so bear with me. Have gotten into the NBA in the last few years and through a mate at work jumped on the Knicks, for better or worse.

Like many here he was of the opinion that a max deal to Melo would be madness. Now granted the salary cap appears a lot more in depth than the AFL but what can they now do in the short term to give Melo the roster he supposedly wants ?? That and what were they thinking giving away picks for so many years. For one of the biggest organisations in the league they appear poorly run, even if Jackson and Fisher seem to be changing things.

And also, how many of you have been to a game at MSG ?? The missus and I hope to see one in December.

Two words

F***

All
(also... obviously not a knicks fan lol)
Ok, the Knicks current cap is here

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Currently capped to s**t right. But, with Amare and Bargs off the books after this season you have 15 million in holds for next season right now. Of course adding Melo's 23 odd million to that is about 38, but Calderon will be easy to move should you want to. JR's deal will probably stay, you'd need to pay overs to get someone to take it, unless you package him with something else.

Given Melo is 30, he'll be looking to win sooner rather than later. This season is neither here nor there, unless you can flip your expirings and even then you wont get much return and would have to take longer term money. So not a great deal can happen this season.

The killer is your draft picks.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

2016 is off to Toronto or Denver so basically the ideal scenario is to tank this season, get a lottery pick and target a 2015 max FA.

The big fish is Love, but.... Minny are probably going to have to trade him and he'll likely re-up wherever he lands

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nba/2015/

The other is LMA, but he's staying you'd think given the Blazers improvement.

What else, Marc Gasol....dont see it, but stranger things have happened

Rondo? Now thats an intriguing thought.

Rubio, Faried, Butler and Klay are RFA. As is Kawhi. Tough to get any of these guys without a massive overpay.

Rudy Gay is there (ugh), as is Millsap.

Morris twins are RFA.

Thats about it really.

I'd say Rondo is probably the target, but the odds of him waiting to be a UFA from Boston..... I'm sure Ainge would look to peddle him if he looked like bolting.

Haha thanks for the input guys. The affinity kinda stems back from good old NBA Live 97 on playstation, the Raptors and Knicks were the only teams I managed to win everything with, plus Ewing was a beast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back