The San Antonio Spurs thread - A Fiesta of Youth

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice write-up, Der Kaiser.

I have also been impressed with Diaw's offensive game. He is deceptively quick and his lay-ins are silky smooth. Parker, Manu and Belinelli have all been looking for his backdoor moves and getting easy points. His 3pt shooting has been reliable too. Hope he keeps this up all season.

Yeah love his play this year so far, just needs to stay in shape. Really gives me confidence that maybe the SF hole isn't a big problem after all if he can start playing 5-10 minutes there against a Melo or Lebron - did look solid against him in the finals.

Yeah love his play this year so far, just needs to stay in shape. Really gives me confidence that maybe the SF hole isn't a big problem after all if he can start playing 5-10 minutes there against a Melo or Lebron - did look solid against him in the finals.
He owns a hamburger joint, good luck :p

No Duncan today against Philly, I have a feeling this is going to be a close game but hopefully im wrong

Solid start to the season.. I must say it keeps surprising me every year, I keep expecting the inevitable drop off which hasn't come. Few cupcake games have helped though which is handy at this time of the year tbh to build into the grind of the season.

If we could f*** the uselessness of Ayres off it would be much appreciated :thumbsu:

Ayres is better than both Baynes(great in preseason, horrible in the minutes he has played so far) and Bonner, the past two games I have watched he has improved but is still pretty average. Unfortunately I don't think were going to have a solid 4th big this season.

I hear what your saying and agree to a point.. but i think Baynes is a better finisher around the rim, reasonable (albeit undersized usually) defender. If he can consistently knock down that baseline jumper i would have him over Ayres in a heartbeat.

As would I but he just isn't showing anything like he did in preseason, he has fumbled a lot of passes also which would have resulted in easy points. We do need him for his physical presence and I do hope he starts to play better though, before the season started I rated him miles ahead of Ayres.

Leonard needs to be playing 35+ mins a night, Duncan needs to sort himself out because he has been horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BaiUKEtCUAAQSMy.jpg

Lol on a Spurs forum a lot of posters were requesting that

I was wondering the other day what kind of career Boris could've had if he played on a system that utilised his talents better. Seems like his career has been so disappointing because no one has known how to use him properly. A shame.

He had those one or two seasons in Phoenix where he was in his element - he really is a Rick Adelman-type player.

Typical smart Spurs move to snap him up after the Bobcats cut him ... he was wasted there by the end. All's well that ends well I guess.

Pretty sure he is also in top 5 or top 10 for FG%? I might be wrong.

Also Manu-Marco combo has been some of the most entertaining basketball i've seen they really do play well together.

Really hoping to see Thomas get a run tonight, was averaging 30 points, 12 rebounds and 2 blocks in his games in the D-League, apparently his 3 point shot has improved quite a lot also.

Surely can't be any worse than Ayres.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back