The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to hear more about the guy who is always eating out with his missus
I ate out with my missus tonight. A function at the Adelaide Zoo. She wouldn't have been within 10m 50% of the time. I was sharing my views on music, politics etc around at her work do. She only cared when I was near her boss/es. She didn't bother with her day to day workmates - they know me.

I want to hear more about the guy who is always eating out with his missus
Geez :oops:

Take one word out of that paragraph, and its time to turn off World Movies on Fox.

I ate out with my missus tonight. A function at the Adelaide Zoo. She wouldn't have been within 10m 50% of the time. I was sharing my views on music, politics etc around at her work do. She only cared when I was near her boss/es. She didn't bother with her day to day workmates - they know me.
I'm confused. But anyway, i would have chucked bananas at her work mates and pretended i mistook them for monkeys. I cant stand my wifes workmates.

Anyway. Lets get this thread back on track. It deserves some respect :)

I'll be at the club next Thursday, around lunch time, to discuss my ongoing needs and desires. Namely one bloody seat that i must have !!

So me and TOTPUWM are having lunch, and a bevy or 20, so if anyone has any serious questions, i'll gladly put them forward. I'm looking forward to having a nice feed again in my second man cave. Fill myself up, so i don't have to eat for the rest of the day, i hope a steak is on offer for lunch.

After that, its off to Our Oval to watch the Strikers. Full up from a Port Club feed, and only room for some beers. Its going to be emotional, no Phillip Hughes. My wife said shes going to cry. I'll just have a bug in my eye or something.

So I ate at the 1870 Steak House with Mrs Wylde for the first time since it's been upgraded.

I slaughtered a 400g Rib Eye Surf n Turf, bought raffle tickets from Kutchie and enjoyed a couple of $8 Gentleman Jacks...

Good times :thumbsu:
No unmentionables in the garlic bread department then?

Good to hear. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear the salad bar might be returning.
The old folk often talk of the great salad bar but many feel it was only a myth. No archaeological proof of it exists. Economists mock the idea it ever existed; asking how a catering firm could survive providing inexhaustible bowls of potato salad, mixed peas and corn, and other choices as well.

The old folk often talk of the great salad bar but many feel it was only a myth. No archaeological proof of it exists. Economists mock the idea it ever existed; asking how a catering firm could survive providing inexhaustible bowls of potato salad, mixed peas and corn, and other choices as well.

Mrs Tribey still speaks fondly of it as if it was a lost city of gold. I scoffed when it was there and now when I stride through its memory with a pint of beer in hand I feel daggers coming from all directions.

Some say it still resides somewhere on the premises.

Some say you can still hear the crispness of the treasures within, others say it's a new counterbell chime the pokie den is trying out.

Mrs Tribey still speaks fondly of it as if it was a lost city of gold. I scoffed when it was there and now when I stride through its memory with a pint of beer in hand I feel daggers coming from all directions.

Some say it still resides somewhere on the premises.

Some say you can still hear the crispness of the treasures within, others say it's a new counterbell chime the pokie den is trying out.

I heard Barry Curtin might be behind the campaign to get the salad bar back as, at the time of its demise, he'd been working on a few gags involving said salad bar -

"Oi, you down the back. Pasta salad (past the salad)....etc.

My mate and I ate there last night, I had another awesome steak. The infrastructure is there ready for the salad bar but its not operational yet.

And no Barry Curtin last night so Greg Philips had to run the raffle, not that i minded more then happy to have the legend Greg Philips host the raffle

Aged beef has that "beefy smell" to it. Some people actually prefer it and those that aren't used to it can think it smells.
I'm not saying that's what it was but it's not uncommon with beef schnitzels to occasionally have that beefy aroma, but when that is the reason it does not mean the meat is anywhere near being off.

EDIT: Some of the more expensive steaks are aged steaks but that is not to everybody's palate.

It is the enzymes produced by bacteria that gives that smell, is meant to also tenderize. Supposedly they age it or hang it allowing the meat to tenderize and adds taste. Beef is a fairly forgiving meat, Pork or chicken is another story.

It is the enzymes produced by bacteria that gives that smell, is meant to also tenderize. Supposedly they age it or hang it allowing the meat to tenderize and adds taste. Beef is a fairly forgiving meat, Pork or chicken is another story.

The great secret of the steakhouse industry...rotting is a great tenderiser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back