Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi skadoosh,

We are clearly disappointed and frustrated with our start to the year.

The first 10 weeks, whilst providing us with glimpses of what our AFL side is capable of, have also shown that right now, we’re off the mark against the best teams in the competition.

There is no point sugar coating it, it simply hasn’t been good enough to this point. We’d rather own it now, so that we can get on with addressing it.

It comes as no surprise to any of us that there has been significant external noise around our football club this year. We’ve deserved our whacks at times, we absolutely accept that, and cop it on the chin.

What we won’t do though, is let external narratives dictate our reality.

That reality sees us currently two points out of the top eight, with 13 games to go. That is the challenge ahead of us for the remainder of the year.

A challenge that is well and truly achievable, but it is on us to rise to it.

We will be judging our season in its totality, after 24 rounds, not 10.

There is a lot of football still to be played and if last season taught us anything, it is that a season is a marathon, fortunes can change and it’s on us now to change ours for the better.

Rest assured, nobody is just sitting on their hands here, assuming the wheel will turn.

Our leaders, everyone at Carlton, are right now demanding better out of each other.

We have not been afraid to have the tough conversations we need to.

This football club is done with finger pointing.

Stability and unity in your football program is what gets you through tough patches.

I acknowledge it may not be what some want to hear but for the next 13 weeks and hopefully longer this season, we are in this together and that is not changing. Every step of the way.

Two points out of the eight, with 13 games to go. Our destiny is very much in our own hands. So let’s own that, and get on with it.

Clearly success will only be earned by this football club if we stick together and be ruthless in our drive to improve in the second half of the year.

To you, our members, you have played your part so far this year. The sold-out crowds speak for themselves but to be honest still only tell half the story.

Your investment in this football club is incredible, not just on match day but every day.

While clearly we know there has been frustration, anger at times, we know you come from a place of care, of passion and a deep connection to the football club you love.

Give me a supporter base like ours over any other, any day of the week.

Take care of yourselves and look after each other Bluebaggers. We’re in this together every step of the way this year, no matter what.
I’m frustrated like hell and I’m mostly glass half empty but, I loved this from the Pres. I hope they sort their s**t out.

Hi skadoosh,

The first 10 weeks, whilst providing us with glimpses of what our AFL side is capable of, have also shown that right now, we’re off the mark against the best teams in the competition.

There is no point sugar coating it, it simply hasn’t been good enough to this point. We’d rather own it now, so that we can get on with addressing it.

It comes as no surprise to any of us that there has been significant external noise around our football club this year. We’ve deserved our whacks at times, we absolutely accept that, and cop it on the chin.

That reality sees us currently two points out of the top eight, with 13 games to go. That is the challenge ahead of us for the remainder of the year.

There is a lot of football still to be played and if last season taught us anything, it is that a season is a marathon, fortunes can change and it’s on us now to change ours for the better.

Rest assured, nobody is just sitting on their hands here, assuming the wheel will turn.

Our leaders, everyone at Carlton, are right now demanding better out of each other.

Stability and unity in your football program is what gets you through tough patches.

I acknowledge it may not be what some want to hear but for the next 13 weeks and hopefully longer this season, we are in this together and that is not changing. Every step of the way.

Two points out of the eight, with 13 games to go. Our destiny is very much in our own hands. So let’s own that, and get on with it.

Clearly success will only be earned by this football club if we stick together and be ruthless in our drive to improve in the second half of the year.

To you, our members, you have played your part so far this year. The sold-out crowds speak for themselves but to be honest still only tell half the story.

Your investment in this football club is incredible, not just on match day but every day.

While clearly we know there has been frustration, anger at times, we know you come from a place of care, of passion and a deep connection to the football club you love.

Take care of yourselves and look after each other Bluebaggers. We’re in this together every step of the way this year, no matter what.
Is this legit or did you make this up?

Good email from Sayers.

Pours cold water on any sack Voss narrative for the foreseable future. Allows the football department and players to focus on the task at hand.

External pressure will deservedly continue. But will be focussed on game day performance, not the tenure of the senior coach.

Club desperately need a win. Sydney fixture couldn't come at a better time.

The platform is there for the challenge now, if it wasn't already
This board and president have had its chances, and miserably failed
A well coordinated ticket that includes the names M Fitzpatrick and F Brown gets my vote

This president is been in the job, as president for less than 18 months

Brown will never be voted in, IMHO

All words. Members want action and results.
Words matter too. Words can affect real change.

"This football club is done with finger pointing. Stability and unity is what gets you through tough patches."

I haven't heard as strong a statement from our football club for a very, very long time. It's calling out 15 years of BS and making a point to finally flip the record. It needed to be said and I'm glad it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I read today they expect an orderly transition to the Vice President after Sayers goes?

Based on what would we collectively be happy with that?

How exactly do we mobilise to vote against any existing board memebrf retaining their seat?

Did I read today they expect an orderly transition to the Vice President after Sayers goes?

Based on what would we collectively be happy with that?

How exactly do we mobilise to vote against any existing board memebrf retaining their seat?
When was the last time we had a proper vote with any board member, Windows? I am probably wrong. But I feel like these guys have done backdoor deals for years to keep members away from the voting process.

On your question, I have no idea who the VP is.

Hi skadoosh,

The bolded bit is a message to Bruce Mathieson... "shut up old man".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back