The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm applying for another graduate position (one I actually want) and i have to do some online test thing. and one of the tests is accounting.Position as far as I know has nothing to do with accounting. Wot
Anyway I did do Accounting as an subject in first year (just the introduction to accounting basic one for people not doing an accounting degree). Got an A but I have basically forgotten everything regarding it. What could I be expecting for this quiz which I assume will be very basic also. Want to knock it off today so I can enjoy tonight but don't want to go in raw

On Amazon, I can get this book in 2 formats; 1 through paper back, and the other through "Audio CD, Audiobook, Unabridged".

I've never dabbled with audiobooks whatsoever, so absolutely clueless. What's the difference between Audio CD, Audiobook and unabridged? This one's actually 6 bucks more than the paperback, so was wondering if this implies it comes with the paperback as well.

On the topic of books, how are those orange penguins so cheap? Some of them are half the price, if not less, than the same ones from a different..publisher? Is the quality of the paper/binding that much worse?

So there's this dork who somehow is married (mid 30s I think), that comes into my work (at a supermarket) every time wearing the exact same thing. Ugly Niko Bellic like jacket, horrible pants, and black leather shoes. Should I be concerned?

bean bags are so comfortable... is it good for you that they mould to your natural laying position or is it bad that position usually involves a fair degree of curvature?

either way.... comfort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a bean bag cinema in Melbourne. :thumbsu:

Never been, but want to.

(And FWIW we used to have a purple bean bag but chucked it during hard rubbish a while ago now)
I'd come with you, sounds cool, I'll bring the smoke.
I can't remember them in our house after the 80s, I want one now.

Also, can your every day bank card/debit card work o/s?
I have only ever had minimal drama's but always have the credit card on hand just in case. conveniently (for the banks :rolleyes: ) the credit card never fails to work.

In NZ you won't have any drama's. Generally I've found just going to ATM's and getting about 4 days worth of living expenses gives you the best value on exchange rates, minimising overseas transactions fees and not having copious amounts of cash on hand that can't be replaced if lost or stolen. I'm assuming your living/staying with this lass so you could get more than four days. I'm usually staying in hostels and even though I've never had anything of major value stolen from a hostel (is my dignity valuable?) I still wouldn't be comfortable with any more than a weeks of expenses of cash in my bags.

I have only ever had minimal drama's but always have the credit card on hand just in case. conveniently (for the banks :rolleyes: ) the credit card never fails to work.

In NZ you won't have any drama's. Generally I've found just going to ATM's and getting about 4 days worth of living expenses gives you the best value on exchange rates, minimising overseas transactions fees and not having copious amounts of cash on hand that can't be replaced if lost or stolen. I'm assuming your living/staying with this lass so you could get more than four days. I'm usually staying in hostels and even though I've never had anything of major value stolen from a hostel (is my dignity valuable?) I still wouldn't be comfortable with any more than a weeks of expenses of cash in my bags.
We will be staying together, yes.

I'm thinking Travel Money Card like I got when I went to Europe.

I broke my phone over the weekend (Samsung Galaxy with Vodafone)- can I buy a new handset (looking at the Nokia 301 from Optus), will the SIM card work in it? Am on a 2-year plan with Vodafone, iirc 5 months left.
If you had an iPhone they would have replaced it for you ;)

We will be staying together, yes.

If you had an iPhone they would have replaced it for you ;)

Eh, doesnt worry me. I've never liked my smart phone, am glad to be going back to Nokia tbh.

And travel money card FTW. Wish it was around in 2001/03 when I went to the States.

not used travel cards but they look handy. especially in NZ where everywhere accepts cards. more so in australia. if/when you ask them do they have a minimum on card they look at you very strangely like what a weird concept that would be.

Anybody been to Auckland? What would you recommend?

Viaduct
QF Tavern on Queen Street
Eden Park (for rugby)
K-Road (strippers and nightclubs)
Mount Eden summit
The guy who plays the saxophone most nights on the corner of Queen Street and Victoria Street is awesome

Although, as someone sad, Auckland is pretty quiet most of the time. Never seen a CBD so deserted after dark. It's a very Australian-like sprawling major city mostly made up of outer-lying suburbia. Parnell, Ponsonby, Three Kings and Mt Eden are some cool inner suburbs. But NZ's best times are to be found in Wellington and Dunedin.

As for ATMs and s**t, if you're with ANZ or Westpac, you're set. Commonwealth own the ASB over there, but still charge you $2 for a withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back