THE RUN HOME...

Remove this Banner Ad

80, 000. Im growing increasingly concerned will be heading to adelaide the 1st week. That is if we make it
If we let Adelaide finish above us we may as well forfeit week 1

I'm thinking Port v North.
That would still have us finishing 7th or 8th which means one of essendon, Adelaide or Collingwood would have to leap frog us

Not sure a great idea to be talking week 1 finals just yet.

Have to get there first which is still very uncertain.
Come on! Even the most pessimistic supporter would think we're gonna win 3 of the next 5 which will be enough to get in. Depending on what Collingwood does, 2 may even be enough (doubt it though)

Come on! Even the most pessimistic supporter would think we're gonna win 3 of the next 5 which will be enough to get in. Depending on what Collingwood does, 2 may even be enough (doubt it though)

Not pessimistic at all, realistic more like.

I can certainly see us losing to Cats, Crows and Dogs. I'd like to think we don't sure, but it is certainly possible we could considering the rubbish teams we have lost to this year.

To be honest I am at the point I don't write in any win for us full stop. We can win all the next 5 on our best no doubt, but our worst is bottom 4 standard. We are a week by week team, so looking at a block of games and trying to work out what will happen is impossible at this point.

Not pessimistic at all, realistic more like.

I can certainly see us losing to Cats, Crows and Dogs. I'd like to think we don't sure, but it is certainly possible we could considering the rubbish teams we have lost to this year.

To be honest I am at the point I don't write in any win for us full stop. We can win all the next 5 on our best no doubt, but our worst is bottom 4 standard. We are a week by week team, so looking at a block of games and trying to work out what will happen is impossible at this point.
I can see both the dogs and Adelaide being one of those "teams we should beat but might have a surprise loss to" games but our form line so far has been to make it up with a surprise win against someone better (Geelong?). Despite all the sh*t we've gone through this year, we've still won ~60% of our games. Also, by the time we get to the Bulldogs game we should have Wells, and at least 1 or 2 of Grima, JMac and Tippett back in the side. That will make a huge difference IMO.

As for not writing in wins against anyone, I know our worst is terrible but it is still good enough to beat GWS and Melbourne at Etihad. And in a worst case scenario, we only beat those 2 and (assuming we get a decent percentage boost) we still have a chance of making the 8 with 12 wins

Turn it up.
Sold argument, thank you for your contribution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick ladder predictor tells me leap frogging Geelong and Port is possible, both would need to go 2-3 as we go 5-0 on the run home.

GEE: North (A), Fremantle (H), Carlton (A), Hawthorn (A), Brisbane (H)
PDA: Collingwood (A), Sydney (H), Gold Coast (A), Carlton (H), Fremantle (A)
NTH: Geelong (H), GWS (A), Western Bulldogs (H), Adelaide (H), Melbourne (H)

We beat Geelong and Collingwood beat Port at the MCG and things become extremely interesting.

Syd v Freo
Haw v Geel
North v Scum
Radelaide Cup

Amazing.

This is the most likely scenario which would be an AFL wet dream for the first week.

As futile as it is, I did a predictor just then and tried to be as realistic as possible.

I put us down as winning 3 of next 5, dropping to Cats and Crows.

Top 8 ended up with overall points;
Hawks 72
Syd 72
Cats 68
PA 60
Freo 60
Adel 56
NM 52

Off to Freo first week of finals, and as Freo and PA were only just split by less than 1% in percentage, could also be PA over there. Adel and * have easy runs home but they could still drop a couple they should win which would obviously change the ^^.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back