Is NMFC running a "Prize Draw"? (or was I being scammed?)

Remove this Banner Ad

wombles

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Today I received a call from a person purporting to be from the club selling me a "Prize Draw" ticket for $100. Great prizes (GF Breakfast/GF tickets etc to be won). They had my details, name address etc. I had not recalled any club emails or any socials campaigns which normally accompany these raffles. I didn't proceed with the purchase. I called the club afterwards and the person I spoke with was not aware of any raffle on a the moment and i can't see it on the website. Has anyone else had this happen? Anyone know if it is legit? Or did I just avoid a scam?

Today I received a call from a person purporting to be from the club selling me a "Prize Draw" ticket for $100. Great prizes (GF Breakfast/GF tickets etc to be won). They had my details, name address etc. I had not recalled any club emails or any socials campaigns which normally accompany these raffles. I didn't proceed with the purchase. I called the club afterwards and the person I spoke with was not aware of any raffle on a the moment and i can't see it on the website. Has anyone else had this happen? Anyone know if it is legit? Or did I just avoid a scam?
Yes, likely a scam. I had regular calls in the past with similar details. But I was already a significant contributor to the Club, told them I was unaware of this deal, etc. and never proceeded. If you can access the phone number on your call list, check it online through Reverse Australia as it will probably validate your suspicions and there may be comments from others who have been pestered. Then block the number. I want to make sure that any $$ I spend to support the Club are official.

Probably running another scam like they do for sponsorship prizes, then don't pony up then claim the club is running at a profit (because they do not provide services they advertise for).
Quivorir

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spoke with the club today and have confirmed this is absolutely legit. They provided me with this link Fundraising Partner - TME . The way it was explained was that this is a 100% North sanctioned campaign, with all the money going directly to the club. The club pay this other mob to make their calls for them on their behalf. Go Roos!

I spoke with the club today and have confirmed this is absolutely legit. They provided me with this link Fundraising Partner - TME . The way it was explained was that this is a 100% North sanctioned campaign, with all the money going directly to the club. The club pay this other mob to make their calls for them on their behalf. Go Roos!

That's exactly what the hacker would say! ;)

I've donated to this ($100) the past two years. Read this thread and had a call from the club the other day and pulled out the 'not this year'.
First two times it was like a sweet 80 year old woman calling me chit chatting and talking about the weather, where I'm from etc - guess it was slightly risky in hindsight.

I've donated to this ($100) the past two years. Read this thread and had a call from the club the other day and pulled out the 'not this year'.
First two times it was like a sweet 80 year old woman calling me chit chatting and talking about the weather, where I'm from etc - guess it was slightly risky in hindsight.
I got exactly the same woman I reckon. Haven’t heard from her this year but fairly sure I’ve coughed up a sweet $100 “to the club” due to her dulcet tones. She seemed legit and sounded not unlike my grandmother.

I didn’t win anything however so who knows.

I am not a fan of gambling, and will write to the club about removing me from any of these raffles or annoying calls in future.

I still get the occasional call asking for a donation, which I sometimes do (probably as I was a coterie member many years ago) but I cannot stand these calls when I'm working asking to go into raffles.

Does th club have a do not call register?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back