Radio The SEN Thread 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SEN Thread 8

Pretty sure I just heard the F-bomb used at roughy 4.30pm.

Yes you heard correctly

Gideon Hague was quoting a text message that was sent between Muzza Majeed and Aza Majeed which was found by police investigating cricket match fixing.

Gideon said The chilling text message between Aza Majeed to his brother which said "Lets do it , Let's get hold of F..king cricket and squeeze everything we can from it"

Francis and Ox carried on with the next question and didn't bat an eyelid , lol

if we as a BF SEN thread community put our heads together we'd cum up with a host that:

- only talks afl
- talks about other sports
- talks about stuff other than sport
- no soccer
- no motorsport
- no horseracing
- etc

As a frequent listener all that I expect or hope is that they discuss the big issues from all sports over the course of the day and allow talkback callers to set the discussion. It annoys me how whenever somethings massive (like Ricky Nixon in February or whenever) people will always have their two cents worth yet, at the same time say they want the show to move on from it.
I think that one of the biggest assets that TRH has is the diverse segments and also the soapbox. I hope they pick someone who has knowledge on all sports but, above all isn't afraid to ask short questions to guests as we are more interested in the guests answers (Derm is a prime example of someone who asks long winded questions although Derm is worthwhile listening to, it's something I find annoying).

Having read some of the positive comments regarding Ed, I was inspired to see if I could think of another option, possibly even better than Ed. We need someone who is a known radio performer, someone who definitely knows his footy, someone who knows sports other than footy, someone who could easily fit into the role Francis played, someone who doesn't have a gig at the moment. My nomination for SEN's first pick in the 2011 Radio draft...step forward Sam Pang.

You know who I'm talking about, right? If there are any xenophobes here, don't be put off by the fact that he's Vietnamese (or Vietnamese background), if I recall correctly, years ago, he was asked to try-out for Collingwood, a legit try-out, not some token AFL PR racial appreciation thing.

That actually sounds like a good idea
I know the ladies and gentleman out there in SEN land occasionally read this thread, but I would hope they definitely consider this option
World Cup Fever was great, and he did a podcast for the Tour which was also very good. He knows his stuff, and has a comedy background, so that puts him above Francis

God it is still so excruciating listening to this all night appetite guy reading the newspaper articles like a 2nd grader and struggling to pronounce words like "exert".

Having read some of the positive comments regarding Ed, I was inspired to see if I could think of another option, possibly even better than Ed. We need someone who is a known radio performer, someone who definitely knows his footy, someone who knows sports other than footy, someone who could easily fit into the role Francis played, someone who doesn't have a gig at the moment. My nomination for SEN's first pick in the 2011 Radio draft...step forward Sam Pang.

You know who I'm talking about, right? If there are any xenophobes here, don't be put off by the fact that he's Vietnamese (or Vietnamese background), if I recall correctly, years ago, he was asked to try-out for Collingwood, a legit try-out, not some token AFL PR racial appreciation thing.

Sam Pang is Chinese and he played for the Collingwood U19 team. He would be absolutely ideal - in fact much better than Frank Leach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should get Teo and Dash to do The Run Home, maybe extend it by a few hours, 4pm to Midnight, heck, they may aswell just go on till 6am. I would never turn the radio off.

Mark from Bacchus Marsh cut off again last night for slagging off Greg Denham and going on about how SEN only cover good news stories??

His 'theory' was that Jager O'Meara said he was a Fremantle supporter so he will 100% definitely be going to Freo in 2014 when his Gold Coast contract was up. Wanted to know why SEN wasn't stating this as fact.

Odd unit.

Have wondered the answer to this for a while.

When a talkback caller rings up sen talkback and the show host deem them worthy of a prize , the show host says to the caller that he was just talking to , to call back to get the prize.

They were just talking to them , do they cut them off , why don't sen just get the person to hold on.

It must drive the person who answers the phone batty having callers calling in , and also callers trying to convince them hey that was me , I just won a prize.

Do some people not hear the "call us back" and miss out on their prize ?

Does the caller even hear the "call us back" if they have just got off the phone ? You would only have the 7 seconds delay to get off the phone and wait for the words "call us back" on their radio.

They must have their radio earpiece in when they call the station , to be able to hear the host tell them to callback.

They only ask the caller to call back if there were a series of calls that they have taken and they decide the prizes at the end of the segment.

On the cases where the caller they're speaking to is awards the prize right away, they ask them to hold on to get their details.

Wouldn't know what happens if they don't hear the "call us back" comment and don't do anything.

For example Harf was on today after 3 with Thommo and Darren Gauci talking about the horse races.

And a caller called in with his group of tips to bet on , then just a few seconds later Harf goes that was such a good rundown of who to tip that's it's worthy of a prize , "call us back" , I imedietly thought , the guy was just talking to you Harf. :confused:

It's been confirmed by Mark Robinson on Twitter that it's basically a straight swap between SEN and 3AW and Walls will be joining Crunch Time.

There goes crunchtime. FFS why can't people in the media actually analyse someones performance objectively.

Exactly, what the hell does anyone see in him as a broadcaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back