The SEN Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of cricket coverage being on more than just one station, I did hear that Triple M were interested in covering one-day international games.

Did anything ever come of that?

Mark Allen's knowledge of general sport would be miles ahead of Brownless's.

No so sure of that Tripper, Mark Allen is a Sandown midweeker at best. Very ordinary away from golf, anyone who heard his boundary riding last winter can attest to that. Besides, Brownless, rightfully or otherwise, is capable of attracting an advertising clientel through his persona, any broad knowledge of sport would be a bonus, not a prequisite.

Most contributors to this sight would have Bill, Watson, Schibecci, Doran et al comfortably covered when it comes to knowledge of general sport.

This is the conundrum SEN management have - do they stick with the names, some of whom don't cut it, or go with the low profile types who know their stuff?

Please get rid of Doran.

Radio Insider, do you reckon there is ratings and money to be made from cricket broadcasts? Channel 9 and the ABC have had the cricket all to themselves and as you have mentioned no body gives a stuff during summer to put anything half decent on tv.

What if one commercial radio station radio station (SEN) started doing the cricket more often, maybe this could be a money spinner like the footy?

Rice Paper I think you would find that SEN would love to get the commerical rights to the cricket but there maybe an existing contract with the ABC that won't allow this to happen. So be happy they have the 20/20

cricket would be s**t on sen

footy works for them because they do games that arent live on tv and 3aw/triple m have different games so they all have different audiences

i cant see many 9 and abc listeners moving to sen to get their cricket commentary so i just dont think it will work at all

sen are better of concentrating on tennis and soccer etc this time of the year

Call me old fashioned, but I'd be pissed off if a commercial radio station started competing with the ABC's cricket coverage.

I know SEN are doing 4 Twenty 20 games this summmer, but really, Twenty 20 is NOT cricket. Its entertainment.

I can't believe some of the negative crap I read on this forum. I have been reading your posts now for over a year and finally felt compelled to finally come here and try to set a few of you straight. First of all it's Christmas and people who work take holidays,(take note some of you, this will happen when you get a job). All radio stations have their B teams on and it is their time to shine, but they know where they stand. It's 4 weeks on then back to the regulars, no ratings so nothing special in the programing. Also could be cost restrictive reason as to why they don't use big names in the summer. All Radio stations now days only care about money and ratings nothing else, and currently SEN is making money and are enjoying their best ratings ever so why would they change, (if it ain't broke...). Also I read some of you taking about replacing regular on air people with others. Has it not occurred to you that the non regular weekday staff may already have jobs that they are happy with. Why can't people be happy with what they have and just enjoy the Radio Station. I am happy to answer any questions that you might have about any radio station as I am an insider from the industry who does know.

Oh FFS blow it out your arse!

We mostly have Jobs, real jobs unlike you that sit there surfing the net for discussions like this. We also have opinions and frankly my oipion is far more legit than yours, why is that so..... Because we are legit friggin listeners, without us they don't get ratings or advertisers.

All you do is type one handed, so get your hand off it.

Radio Insider, If I were you, I would take notice of what we write here...we are the listeners you guys so desperately crave during the year.......the crap that is being dished up on SEN just now is a disgrace, whether it is TEAM A,B,C or whatever, I dont care....Any reputable station would at least TRY to STILL entertain and inform its listeners........WE ARE SICK OF REPEATS!!......Ignore us and/or belittle our opinions to your own detriment......the station is starting to have a "cheap" atmosphere about it, rather than the brisk professional outfit, like it once was.....We all want SEN to succeed, show scant regard for the listeners and it wont...

I can't believe some of the negative crap I read on this forum. I have been reading your posts now for over a year and finally felt compelled to finally come here and try to set a few of you straight. First of all it's Christmas and people who work take holidays,(take note some of you, this will happen when you get a job). All radio stations have their B teams on and it is their time to shine, but they know where they stand. It's 4 weeks on then back to the regulars, no ratings so nothing special in the programing. Also could be cost restrictive reason as to why they don't use big names in the summer. All Radio stations now days only care about money and ratings nothing else, and currently SEN is making money and are enjoying their best ratings ever so why would they change, (if it ain't broke...). Also I read some of you taking about replacing regular on air people with others. Has it not occurred to you that the non regular weekday staff may already have jobs that they are happy with. Why can't people be happy with what they have and just enjoy the Radio Station. I am happy to answer any questions that you might have about any radio station as I am an insider from the industry who does know.

I will join the club criticising you as well.
I think the main reason alot written here is of a negative nature is because we believe or are led to believe that Sen actually read this forum.
I posted here that my wife tried to get in touch with Sen to take a group of students to the studios and didnt get even a reply to her emails to Sen.
So i posted it here that I thought it was amazingly ignorant and rude that they woudldt reply to her request even to just say no.
Others have posted here after trying to give feedback on other matters ie the overnight shows demise , replays etc and they post here because they hope Sen read it having it seems no luck when they have tried to get in touch with Sen.
Anyway its a forum and people can criticise and praise thats why its so busy

Did it not occur to you that it was Christmas night and nobody wanted to work. How stupid are you. Why would you not have a go at Brett Phillips or Mark Franklin for wanting to spend time with their family on Christmas Eve and Morning. Why would you have a go at the program director for not being able to find someone to work on Christmas Day. I can tell you there will probably be nobody on New Years eve either. Unlike you, people have a thing called family that they would like to spend sometime with on special occasions. Here's to a happy 2008 to you and your trans sorry radio..

I will criticise you for this stupid comment as well
There are plenty of people out there like Icemen that most probably listen to Sen 24 hrs a day that live for it and even on Christmas or New years they still want to listen to Sen they love it so much not sure we should say they are stupid for wanting to listen to Sen all the time.
I would say you are the stupid one
Didnt know radio stations were like banks nowadays that give everyone public holidays off shut the doors
How come you have people like Keith Mcgowan Darren James and every other radio stations announcers that worked on the above days....Under your theory Insider They must be ORPHANS

Good programs tonight...first Philipps with Sports Central then Willoughby with Evenings and BUSA team...

Interesting to hear Willoughby said "i don't know whats going on" when a caller praised him and asked if he would be on more, shows not even the staff know whats up. ****ing solid shift from him and Philipps - both vastly underrated IMHO.

Did anyone happen to listen to All Night Sport this morning at all?

Ben from Sunbury copped a bit of rough treatment I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, the difference with the B-Team is that they don't suck up to useless callers just because they call in every single night. If I had to talk to the likes of Billy and Ben every night about the rubbish they dish up, I'd be taking the mickey as well.

I liked Willoughby's no nonsense approach to talkback callers. The 12-2am spot is filled with too many regular nuff nuffs.

mark stone is the worst radio performer in australian radio history. his coverage of the final day of the australian v india test at the mcg was possibly the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard on the wireless.

LOL, the difference with the B-Team is that they don't suck up to useless callers just because they call in every single night. If I had to talk to the likes of Billy and Ben every night about the rubbish they dish up, I'd be taking the mickey as well.

I liked Willoughby's no nonsense approach to talkback callers. The 12-2am spot is filled with too many regular nuff nuffs.

Hearing Ben crap on about Netball a few nights ago was some of the most boring minutes of my life. Mark Franklin was trying to get him off the air all night.

Is Tony Schebecci earning browny points or what??...turned on radio this morning....he was on......turned it back on this arvo......he's on again!!.....#^*@##*!!

How many times to we have do hear bloody schebeci ranting on about his 'year in review'!

I think I might have to turn off permanently if they put crap on again.

At least put a reply of the Anzac Day call, the Grand Final or even the Twenty/20 game.

People would be a lot more happy.
This Year:
- Four diegos need an extra hour
- Better atmosphere when calling footy games
- Gladiators need sunday night or monday morning back, it's their slot and get BP or Schibeci host not SJ Peake.
- Love the interviews with the employees
- Less bloody sports update... I WANT TO STRANGLE MATT THOMPSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great year

Goldenboy

Using Radio Insiders theory...Tony Schebecci cant have any family..(I know he does)...or want a life.......He seems to be the only one working!!....

I will criticise you for this stupid comment as well
There are plenty of people out there like Icemen that most probably listen to Sen 24 hrs a day that live for it and even on Christmas or New years they still want to listen to Sen they love it so much not sure we should say they are stupid for wanting to listen to Sen all the time.
I would say you are the stupid one
Didnt know radio stations were like banks nowadays that give everyone public holidays off shut the doors
How come you have people like Keith Mcgowan Darren James and every other radio stations announcers that worked on the above days....Under your theory Insider They must be ORPHANS

Must not have been any orphans:) to work on New years

I tuned in on way home from a party to hear KB commentating on a Port game saying goal for Burgoyne and I just turned over to Triple M
Thought might have been like a bit of a party show was going to call in and say Happy new years
Pretty slack

i remember at the end of the first year of SEN schibeci was hosting a show on new years eve and i made history by being the last ever caller in SEN's first year of broadcast

BP is on...oh, music to my ears!!!....re overnite last nite..i agree, also thought would have been a show of some sort to bring in the new year....Management really need to sort this whole summer programming out for next year......it has been a real shermozzle this year and will lose them listeners.....Their presenters need to be told not to be so precious, that the job they are doing just might mean working on those sort of shifts.....or why not stagger the holidays for them...e.g.. Tim go for 3 weeks, use a fillin, next week Billy go, use another fillin, Andy still there, then he goes, just as Tim is coming back, then Billy is back etc etc....instead of all at once.....That way there is a good mixture of regulars as well as fillins....This has most definately been SENs worst summer programming IMO.....

BP is on...oh, music to my ears!!!....re overnite last nite..i agree, also thought would have been a show of some sort to bring in the new year....Management really need to sort this whole summer programming out for next year......it has been a real shermozzle this year and will lose them listeners.....Their presenters need to be told not to be so precious, that the job they are doing just might mean working on those sort of shifts.....or why not stagger the holidays for them...e.g.. Tim go forever, use a fillin, next week Billy go, use another fillin, Andy still there, then he goes, ....instead of all at once.....That way there is a good mixture of regulars as well as fillins....This has most definately been SENs worst summer programming IMO.....

that's more like it, know you'll disagree though.
thought marko and ox's quiz today was hysterical. ox makes up the worst quizzes with no hope of getting anything right without 15 hints. marko's trying to google names but even google hasn't heard of some of these people in ox's quiz, marko "google is useless".
some callers got on about 5 times it went for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back