The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven‘t judged them on age.
I don’t believe any age is appropriate for diverting medical resources from real medical issues.
I don’t disagree with the notion that having children late in life is a mistake, by IVF or natural means, because you are effectively being grandparents to a child. Even though you are the parent.
Given live expectancy is now 80 having a child in your 40s is no big deal.

This made me laugh

A woman who refused to check in at a Canberra store during the height of the 2021 COVID-19 outbreak has been fined $450.

Elvira Shagabuddinova was found guilty of trespass, failing to comply with public health directions and refusing to provide her name to police in the ACT Magistrates Court today.

Hell of a name

The 39-year-old was arrested in August 2021 after she failed to check-in at a St Vincent de Paul store in Greenway, in Canberra's south, as per the ACT government mandate.

She did not appear in court today, but had previously told the court she was exempt from public health orders as she was a "sovereign state".

Ehhh, yeah right.

The court heard that after Shagabuddinova refused to check in using the CheckIn CBR app, store managers called the police, where she then failed to comply with police directions and refused to give her name.

CCTV footage played in court showed Shagabuddinova repeatedly saying she knew her rights, and telling police she was "a living woman".

"Answer the question. Am I a living woman?," she asked police when they requested her name.

"I'm not going to tell you anything about me, you can call me living woman, that's it."

Ehhhhh, yeah, OK, Pull that s**t on cops in the USA and she might no longer be a living woman.

She was referred for a mental health assessment and was found not to be suffering from any mental health issues.

I suggest a second opinion.

There was a few posts on the ICU hospitalisations of Vaxxed v UnVaxxed people which showed that the vaxxed were now outnumbering the unvaxxed.
Here's an article that explains why and points out how the unvaxxed still are more susceptible to serious repercussions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There won't be any lockdowns or travel restrictions. Masks indoors is a possibility to be reintroduced, but I would be surprised if it happened. Perhaps most important is for over 65s to get double boosted.
I did not Mean or Think about Lockdowns and How Far you can Travel.

Was Thinking or Meaning like Masks inside and Cap on how many people can be in 1 Place at 1 time like Cap on Crowds at the Footy and How many people allowed in a Shop or even at your House

I did not Mean or Think about Lockdowns and How Far you can Travel.

Was Thinking or Meaning like Masks inside and Cap on how many people can be in 1 Place at 1 time like Cap on Crowds at the Footy and How many people allowed in a Shop or even at your House
Can't see how the number of people at your house would be policed outside of lockdowns or travel restrictions. Particularly easy to get around if you live in apartment.

Surely they are closer to scrapping 7 day iso than adding in restrictions or go into lockdown.

Depends on Numbers I guess and how they go.

For them to get Rid of 7 Day ISO then be numbers similar to the Cold/Flu

What an overreaction by the media.
Click bait.
Yes, it’s not the best to have patients outside the hospital walls. But they are setup with equipment and staff.
To compare it to a place where people were tortured is the very definition of click bait.
The tent solution is being used to get the ambulances back on the road. So the choice is, patients in tents, or patients in stationary ambulances. I know what I would chose.
I have said it before, the hospital/ambulance situation is a vote loser for Andrews. But the opposition solution of throwing money at it is simplistic. You can build all the hospitals you want, but you need to staff them. And that’s the overriding issue, staff.

Click bait.
Yes, it’s not the best to have patients outside the hospital walls. But they are setup with equipment and staff.
To compare it to a place where people were tortured is the very definition of click bait.
The tent solution is being used to get the ambulances back on the road. So the choice is, patients in tents, or patients in stationary ambulances. I know what I would chose.
I have said it before, the hospital/ambulance situation is a vote loser for Andrews. But the opposition solution of throwing money at it is simplistic. You can build all the hospitals you want, but you need to staff them. And that’s the overriding issue, staff.
Are the tents heated?!

Click bait.

Andrews must be doing a lot Bad as the Liberal Party is Weak as Piss

Andrews must be doing a lot Bad as the Liberal Party is Weak as Piss
Very true.
But elections can be funny things. If the Libs target the right issues, and advertise the s**t out of them, then the electorate is easily convinced that the alternative is better.
This election is going to be a free for all. With independents the only winners.

Very true.
But elections can be funny things. If the Libs target the right issues, and advertise the s**t out of them, then the electorate is easily convinced that the alternative is better.
This election is going to be a free for all. With independents the only winners.
Main 1 I reckon they go for is Promise know more Lockdown and No Restriction because of Covid Outbreaks

Main 1 I reckon they go for is Promise know more Lockdown and No Restriction because of Covid Outbreaks
I doubt lockdowns will be even mentioned. There is no way that we are going to be locked down again. Everyone takes it for granted that we have been there and done that and won't be returning to them within the foreseeable future. Only dictatorial China still preserves a lockdown mentality. A democratic country would not dare implement them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back