The Law The Terrorism Files - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in April, two Muslim female teenage converts fled Austria to go and fight in Syria. Now it is feared that one of them is dead. The dangers of Islam are horrifying. It's interesting how so many converts go on to become extremists and terrorists. I guess the religion does attract a certain type of person.

One of two Austrian teenage 'postergirls' who flew to Syria in April to join Islamic State ranks is believed to have been killed.

Samra Kesinovic, 16, and her friend Sabina Selimovic, 15, vanished from their Vienna homes earlier this year.

Soon afterwards they posted images of themselves branding Kalashnikov rifles, surrounded by armed men - photos which Austrian police feared were acting as militant recruitment posters for young girls.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Islamists-believed-killed.html#ixzz3DTLT6kE0

Before Islam

1410364283553_wps_5_PIC_SHOWS_Samra_n_nInterp.jpg
1410364290767_wps_6_PIC_SHOWS_The_two_girls_i.jpg

After Islam

1410364297958_wps_7_PIC_SHOWS_The_two_girls_i.jpg

I wonder when people will start seeing Ebola as a threat that needs much more attention than our leaders have given it so for. Its potentially devastating to not just western Africa.

your wish is their command

I dont know him to judge that. However the stats he quotes is pretty scary. If accurate these explain why there's a "severe" terrorist threat in the country. Following the Blair era Mass immigration (region of 2m per year) predominately from Pakistan to Britain;

- Only 19% of Pakistanis have a problem with al-Quaeda
- 75% support Sharia Law
- 33% of muslims kids in Britain think killing in name of Islam is ok
- MI5 think up to 4000 terrorists in Britain
- 13000 known al-Quaeda symphasisers
- CIA spends astonishing 40% of budget tracking British terrorists
- US believes greatest threat of strike at north America is from the new Britain
Very concerning. Confirms why country of immigration is vitally important in securing this country's safe future. Some cultures simply have too many people who will fail to integrate with a Western society and a large percentage of Pakistanis who've moved to Britain fit this category.

your wish is their command

Yes I see that Obama has started some help. This disaster has been growing for some time. Medical people have been making very concerned noises about it. Our only meaningful help has been s A$1m donation. We were happy to spend many times that amount over ISIS & the Ukraine, but when it come to real humanitarian need, our Government has been silent.

I've heard basically nothing from either side of politics. They seem more concerned with the crises they see on TV. In this case it is a very real & present threat. I'm disgusted with our lack of attention to it. 2-3k have died already & its spreading exponentially. They are predicting many 10'sK deaths in the next few months. If it escapes to western countries we will have no one to blame but ourselves. Pandemic is a real risk.

Correct. They converted to Islam and became Muslim extremists in Austria.

Can you point out where the articles states that these girls converted to Islam? As far as I can tell it makes no mention of that whatsoever.

What the article does say though is that the girls are Bosnian and that it is believed that the girls parents are Iraqi. With these demographics in mind it is likely that the girls identified as Muslim long before they left for Syria to join IS. There's a difference between being Muslim and joining IS and identifying with another religion/no religion and being converted to Islam. You're implying the latter when the former is .

I've read through some of this board in the last day or so and it seems to me that you have trouble differentiating between IS and the majority of Islam. No-one outside of IS themselves (and the minority that supports them) condones what IS are doing and that includes a majority of people that identify themselves as Islam (as evidenced but the semi-viral campaign of Islamic people burning the IS flag). To put it simply, all IS are Islam but not all Islam are IS, there's a difference between the actions of the extremists and the actions of the majority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drop the politically correct balderdash. Britain and Australia have hightened terror alerts primarily because our immigration programs have allowed residency to terrorists (in BIG numbers).

Jesus man, you are full of s**t sometimes.

Terrorists arent allowed residency, and we have a very robust anti terror legislation (the ASIO Act) that imparts draconian measures on domestic terrorism.

You think the Federal government is in the buisiness of handing out residency to terrorists?

I agree wholeheartedly.

Cant you make a distinction between ISIL and... you know Muslims generally?

Even AQ have distanced themselves from the actions of ISIL FFS.
I think I've made it pretty clear that most Muslims are in fact peaceful people. However as Islam is a religion consisting of over 1.6 billion people, what might be a minority of Muslims who are extremists and terrorists is still a huge amount of people in the overall scheme of things, and 'moderate Muslims' are often slow or do not end up speaking against Muslim extremism and terrorism. ISIS are the worst bunch of a large number of Muslim terrorist groups across the world.

On the 12th of September, our Prime Minister, Mr. Tony Abbott, raised the terror threat level from medium to high. This is the first time the threat level has been raised to high in our four level system of alerts since this system was introduced in 2003.

The "high" alert signifies that a terrorist attack "is likely". The previous level of "medium" signified that a terrorist attack "could occur".

Mr. Abbott then went on to say that there was no "specific evidence" of a terrorist attack and basically, not to worry about anything.

The hysteria and fear being propagated that terrorism is threatening our way of life does not seem to be borne out when one looks a bit deeper into the figures available in the "global terrorism database",(est.1970) which is funded by the United States government and is used extensively by media outlets to provide figures for their stories.

Various media organisations have headlines proclaiming that terrorism has risen by "60% last year", "attacks rose 43% worldwide in 2013", "terrorism deaths rise by a third" and so on and so forth.

These are very, very scary figures indeed, however, when one scratches the surface a bit deeper, we find that the vast majority of the acts of terrorism occurred in non-Western countries. In 2013, terrorist incidents in Western countries went from 140 incidences in 2012 to 250 but at the same time, in non-Western countries, there were over 11,000 terrorist incidents compared to 8,000 the year before.

The vast majority of the rise in Western countries of terrorism occurred in two, that is two countries; Greece and Northern Ireland. There were 45 terrorist incidents in Northern Ireland in 2012 but in 2013, there were 117. In Greece, 22 in 2012, 53 in 2013.

In both of these cases, Northern Ireland and Greece, we are talking about predominantly white, predominantly Christian terrorists; not a dark skinned Muslim to be found!

Terrorism by Muslims is not on the rise in Western countries but if the West, Australia included, continues to arm and support terrorist organisations in places like Iraq and Syria, amongst them the prescribed terrorist outfit, the PKK and the original ISIS(which now goes by other names), if we along with other Western countries persist in arming and supporting terrorists, then the terrorists that are being attacked and "degraded" by "our" terrorists, may indeed turn their attention to Australia.

Thank you Mr. Abbott for making us a player and putting us all under threat. At least we are all now on "High" alert as we continue to go about our business without a care in the world.

Last edited:
All posters be warned; if people try and derail this thread with anti-Muslim attacks instead of sticking to the topic of conversation, I'll infract and remove the posts.

Actually it's a lot more in depth then the bullshit the media outlets rave on about.

terror threats are raised publicly as part of counter terrorism initiatives, you would never hear about the terror threat being raised in response to verified intel, that's not the purpose of the threat warning system.

Apart from making people feel like the government is all on top "the terror threat" and making them "safe" the warning system is in fact used to try and increase "chatter" among groups that agencies like ASIO are monitoring.

I mean do you really think if they believed an attack was highly likely, they would tell anyone thus tipping off the s**t kickers they were on to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back