The Terrorism Files - 2015, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islam, like nearly every religion, promotes bigotry.

You can be critical of people who adhere to the bigoted pieces of a religion.
You cannot judge an entire people as bigoted, just because there are aspects of the religion they follow that is bigoted.

The same way you wouldn't call every Catholic a bigot... simply because their religion has bigoted aspects.

So we agree that Islam is a bigoted religion and that we should be critical of Muslims. Glad i finally made you see the light.

Can you list all the christian suicide bombers in the last 100 years?

Paul Tibbets was Christian. He flew a plane over Japan and dropped a nuke on it. Didnt die in the effort though.

Anders Brevik didnt blow himself up, but he doubled the kill count of Belgium (mostly kids on an island). Timothy McVeigh more than doubled that again, but again I guess he didnt blow himself up either.

You think Christian mass killers are some kind of anomaly or something, or its only something Muslims do?

And you had a sook that I didn't reply to your "valid points" :rolleyes:

Well, you did agree with me on those points, did you not?

And why are you comparing Islam to Christianity?

You do realize that Mohammed was a psychopathic warlord while Jesus was just some stoner hippie, don't you?

And for the record, I think they both had mental issues (assuming they existed), but one clearly presents a greater threat to humanity than the other.

Paul Tibbets was Christian. He flew a plane over Japan and dropped a nuke on it. Didnt die in the effort though.

Anders Brevik didnt blow himself up, but he doubled the kill count of Belgium (mostly kids on an island). Timothy McVeigh more than doubled that again, but again I guess he didnt blow himself up either.

You think Christian mass killers are some kind of anomaly or something, or its only something Muslims do?

Feel free to count the number of Christian vs Muslim terrorist acts so far this year:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_January–June_2016

Well, you did agree with me on those points, did you not?

And why are you comparing Islam to Christianity?

You do realize that Mohammed was a psychopathic warlord while Jesus was just some stoner hippie, don't you?

And for the record, I think they both had mental issues (assuming they existed), but one clearly presents a greater threat to humanity than the other.
I'm comparing an outdated religion with another outdated religion.

Do you agree with me, that you cannot just call a Muslim a bigot, simply because that person is a practitioner of a faith?

Do you agree with me that you cannot unfairly discriminate against an entire people?

Do you agree with me, that you cannot just call a Muslim a bigot, simply because that person is a practitioner of a faith?

No, I disagree. If a Muslim practices a faith based on bigotry, then he most likely must be a bigot. I'm happy to not assume that non-practicing Muslims are bigots, in which case, should we not just call them atheists or agnostics?

Do you agree with me that you cannot unfairly discriminate against an entire people?

Well, you see, it's a lot more nuanced than that.

If a particular group of people have demonstrated a penchant for committing a certain act, e.g. being bigoted against Jews, homosexuals, women, apostates, etc., I think it would be entirely reasonable to assume there is a good chance that a person from that group would be prone to committing the act in question.

I'm comparing an outdated religion with another outdated religion.

Ok, well, seeing as you think the two religions are equally bigoted, I refer you to this article:

Pope Francis washes and kisses the feet of Muslim, Hindu, and Christian refugees

Pope Francis performed an annual Easter season ritual on Thursday (March 24), kneeling in front of Muslim, Hindu, and Christian refugees and washing and kissing their feet at a shelter in Castelnuovo di Porto, Italy.

pope-francis-kisses-the-foot-of-a-man-during-the-foot-washing-ritual-at-the-castelnuovo-di-porto-refugees-center-e1458888339414.jpg

I challenge you to find me a photo of a Muslim leader of equal stature to the Pope, kissing the feet of a non-Muslim. Bonus points if he kisses the foot a Jew.

No, I disagree. If a Muslim practices a faith based on bigotry, then he most likely must be a bigot. I'm happy to not to assume that non-practicing Muslims are bigots, in which case, should we not just call them atheists or agnostics?

Well, you see, it's a lot more nuanced than that.

If a particular group of people have demonstrated a penchant for committing a certain act, e.g. being bigoted against Jews, homosexuals, women, apostates, etc., I think it would be entirely reasonable to assume there is a good chance that a person from that group would be prone to committing the act in question.

Ok, well, seeing as you think the two religions are equally bigoted, I refer you to this article:
Pope Francis washes and kisses the feet of Muslim, Hindu, and Christian refugees

Pope Francis performed an annual Easter season ritual on Thursday (March 24), kneeling in front of Muslim, Hindu, and Christian refugees and washing and kissing their feet at a shelter in Castelnuovo di Porto, Italy.

pope-francis-kisses-the-foot-of-a-man-during-the-foot-washing-ritual-at-the-castelnuovo-di-porto-refugees-center-e1458888339414.jpg

I challenge you to find me a photo of a Muslim leader of equal stature to the Pope, kissing the feet of a non-Muslim. Bonus points if he kisses the foot a Jew.
What the *... does the Pope kissing the feet of other people with different religions mean?

There are bigoted aspects of Islam, that doesn't mean that every Muslim is a bigot.

Like all religions, there are good bits and s**t bits... you can be a practicing Muslim, without being a bigot.

The same way you can be a practicing Cristian, but support gay marriage...

Like all religions... Islam has a ton of different offshoots... Different interpretations of the Quran etc...

If someone doesn't have any bigoted views... how can you call them a bigot, just because they practice a faith?

Stéphane Charbonnier (French: [ʃaʁbɔnje]; 21 August 1967 – 7 January 2015), known as Charb ([ʃaʁb]), was a French satiricalcaricaturist and journalist. He was murdered in the Charlie Hebdo shooting in January 2015.[1][2]

He worked for several newspapers and magazines, joining Charlie Hebdo in 1992 and becoming the director of publication in 2009.[3]Due to direct support to freedom of speech via Charlie Hebdo, Charb became subject to death threats from Islamists. From the time the magazine was firebombed in 2011, he lived under police protection until his assassination.

charlie-hebdo-charb-AFP-800x430.gif

1st of April 2016
c1_919097_620x413.jpg

YALA - Two villagers were killed and one seriously wounded in a shooting attack at a local tea shop in Raman district late Friday night as southern unrest shows no signs of abating.

Police believed the attack might be the work of the insurgent group Runda Kumpulan Kecil (RKK) who were still active in the area. The attack showed that the insurgents wanted to make their presence felt,...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/security/919097/two-men-killed-in-yala-tea-shop-attack. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

1st of April 2016

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/is...dren-found-palmyra-syrian-state-media-n549616

Pro-Syrian government fighters uncovered a mass grave with some 40 bodies —including those of women and children — in a city recaptured from ISIS militants earlier this week, state media reported.

31st of March, 2016

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/31607143/suicide-bomber-kills-at-least-9-in-central-somalia
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) - A suicide bombing in central Somalia killed at least nine people and wounded 10 others, a police official said Thursday.

The bomber blew himself up among a group of people at a cafe near a hotel in the town of Galkayo on Thursday, said Ali Aden.

Al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it targeted officials from Puntland, a semiautonomous state in northeastern Somalia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOme bastards obviously held up a banner at a footy match which drove these people to carry out this attack, their own fault really.

30th of March, 2016

http://www.khaama.com/bomb-blast-kills-two-children-in-zabul-4775

Zabul-2-1-665x374.png

Two children have lost lives in a roadside bomb blast in the capital of Zabul province of Afghanistan.

Officials say the bomb went off on a vehicle of a private school in the provincial capital Qalat around 01:30 PM this afternoon.

The vehicle caught fire following the blast which severely burned the driver who was shifted to Kandahar regional hospital for better treatment.

Doctor Zalmai Rikhteen confirmed receiving the dead bodies of a girl and a boy from the explosion site near the police headquarters.

School books and the vehicle was almost completely burned in the fire that erupted following the blast.

Haji Ata Jan Haqbayan, head of the provincial council of Zabul strongly condemned the explosion and said that it was planted by the enemies who are unable to face security forces.

No group yet claimed responsibility for planting the landmine.

Paul Tibbets was Christian. He flew a plane over Japan and dropped a nuke on it.

Paul Tibbets actions weren't motivated by his faith. I'm pretty sure he was in the military and following orders. He inflicted military casualties . . .

People have a problem with faith when it motivates them to kill or do other bullshit. That's why Tibbets faith is immaterial.

Brevik yes, he was motivated by the crusades. That's one example of christian terrorism . . . and even then it's a maybe because he is clearly mentally ill. Brevik seems more analogous to the Man Monis siege.

Timothy McVeigh was motivated by a need to retaliate against a government which he felt was too militarized and heavy handed against its own citizens. It had nothing to do with his faith either.

A good example of Christian terrorism might be abortion doctor shootings. That's where violence is used to protect and enforce beliefs against the rule of law.

Last edited:
Except our actual conversation is available for anyone to read.
It started with you calling MaddAdam a bigot...

You don't need to desperately play the victim.

I'm a bigot because I despise these pricks cloaking their hate in the TATP residue left on a metro station I used on a daily basis.

Paul Tibbets actions weren't motivated by his faith. I'm pretty sure he was in the military and following orders.

ISILS soldiers arent in the military and following orders?

He inflicted military casualties . . .

Hiroshima was the infliction of military casualties? They nuked a whole city and vaporised 100,000 people!

People have a problem with faith when it motivates them to kill or do other bullshit. That's why Tibbets faith is immaterial.

What about patriotism? Tibbets vaporised 100,000 people for patriotism.

Why doesnt that count?

Brevik yes, he was motivated by the crusades. That's one example of christian terrorism . . . and even then it's a maybe because he is clearly mentally ill. Brevik seems more analogous to the Man Monis siege.

Brevik is mentally ill, but blokes that blow themselves up are not? How do you reach that conclusion? Breviks manifesto is clearly enunciated. He planned this in detail. Meticulous detail in fact. His reasons were clear and about as concise as you can get.

He may be an evil monster, but he aint insane.

Your point being?

If Muslims only kill because of their faith, why are they mainly killing other members of their faith?

And why arent all Muslims doing it? In fact why are only a minority doing it?

ISILS soldiers arent in the military and following orders?

No, they're not in the military. And they're not following any orders or conventions.

Hiroshima was the infliction of military casualties? They nuked a whole city and vaporised 100,000 people!

Yes, casualties is what I said. A whole lot of them. Still nothing to do with religion.

What about patriotism? Tibbets vaporised 100,000 people for patriotism.

America dropped the bomb to get Japan's surrender.

Brevik is mentally ill, but blokes that blow themselves up are not? How do you reach that conclusion?

Not necessarily the conclusion I reached, just that guys like Monis and Breviks seemed more about MI than anything else. I'm sure there's the odd suicide bomber who is just losing grip with reality, but even in those situations the inspiration is still important. For example with Brevik it's the crusades, with Man Monis it was Islam. It is pretty difficult sometimes to discern between mental illness and religion, after all they believe in supernatural nonsense, but the inspiration is clear regardless.

If Muslims only kill because of their faith, why are they mainly killing other members of their faith?

Plenty of reasons. Muslims who are from the same sect often disagree with interpretations, let alone Muslims of different sects. I know of Muslims who have disowned family members for being anti-extremist. Muslim on muslim killings are also intolerance for different ideas just like Muslim on infidel.

And why arent all Muslims doing it? In fact why are only a minority doing it?

Because different people have different interpretation of religion . . . the problem is that the texts certainly hold open the door for fundamentalist interpretation that calls for violence against Jews, women, homosexuals, atheists, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back