Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Sydney have also denied it. Doesn't make it untrue, nor does it mean it wasn't floated or discussed by either club.

Personally I'm inclined to agree with you although at face value it seems a good deal for Sydney and may address the Bombre's issue

More likely to be Bellchambers to move clubs as he really can't get any consistent footy there at the moment.

Funny you say that.

He actually posted pretty decent times for his sprints.. I'm sure A_M has then up on Matthew Watsons page in the Player Watch board.

If we actually got a look at Watson then I'd say we'd have a superior indication.

Watson was the heaviest player at draft camp and had the worst skinfolds yet his 20m sprint time of 2.98show he's not slow and his repeat sprint time of 24.78 seconds (for six 30-metre sprints) put him inside the top 40 players tested.

Watson was the heaviest player at draft camp and had the worst skinfolds yet his 20m sprint time of 2.98show he's not slow and his repeat sprint time of 24.78 seconds (for six 30-metre sprints) put him inside the top 40 players tested.
The problem with these repeat sprint testing methods for backmen is it cant evaluate if you can keep an eye and contact on or with your opponent which makes your reaction time to get to contests so much harder.

When you give away height, aggression/physicality, speed, reaction time and have a very long/slow turning circle you are in a bit of trouble, opposition forwards exploit him far too regularly.

Going off MS3's trade scenario from last week, it's very suspicious that we still haven't signed Levi yet. Perhaps we're holding off because that trade is a viable option.

At last a rumour! Jarrad Waite is Collingwood-bound. :(
An injury prone KPF that's over 30...

Surely Collingwood aren't interested in anyone like that :cool:

Which in a nutshell was? So much garbage to sift through to find it....,
Pick 5/6 + Casbolt to St kilda

Pick 1, Garlett to gws

Boyd to Carlton.

I think that's right but he also mentioned patron's knee is making it hard now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care that he was a number one pick last year, I don't see Boyd as worth dropping pick 5 and two senior listed players.
Paying incredible overs on something that still may end up being a bust. There are quality players in this draft McCartin (spelling) being one of them.

I don't care that he was a number one pick last year, I don't see Boyd as worth dropping pick 5 and two senior listed players.
Paying incredible overs on something that still may end up being a bust. There are quality players in this draft McCartin (spelling) being one of them.

Yeah sure but have you seen Boyd in a Carlton jumper.........................sooooooooooo hot. :D

Other rumour is Garlett is gone anyway.

Essentially pick 5 and Casbolt.

If Boyd was in this year's draft would you take him at pick 5?
Would he take casbolt's spot in the side.

I would totally do it. Boyd has proven he is:
A: AFL ready physically
B:can compete at this level
C: already has a year of development.
D: as he has already shown the above he is less of a risk of becoming a bust than a kid who is completely untried.

Levi + Pick 5 to Saints & Jeffy to GWS
saints give pick 1 to GWS
GWS give us Boyd.

I'd want something else, structurally losing the leagues best contested grab and possibly Waite will hurt us big time. Don't get me wrong I'm all for getting Boyd but I want to Keep Casboult so Hendo can stay that swing man as we please...

Boyd would be clear number 1 in this draft.

McCartin will only go number 1 because st Kilda need a tall. If GWS get pick 1 they'll pick Petracca.

Levi + Pick 5 to Saints & Jeffy to GWS
saints give pick 1 to GWS
GWS give us Boyd.

Im sure others have commented on this but first time i have seen this proposed trade.

TBH not in love with it...but i guess it is fair as we are giving up a decent package for a potential gun power forward.

Casboult - I could be overrating but i think he is basically perfect for the second ruck/third tall forward role. He has a big tank, competes and of course can take some strong marks. Showed he is capable of kicking bags of 4 goals against quality opposition this year even though not in the forward line full time. We still go long down the boundary quite often and having Casboult to make a contest and quite a few times take a big grab is a great bail out option. Of course, he still has to work on his kicking (goal and field) but it is improving. At worst i think he will become a solid role player and at best could be a real weapon and headache for the opposition.

Pick 5/6 could be a bust, could be an OK player or could be (and more likely) a future gun as good as Boyd on his own. Would not be that disappointed if it were a classy midfielder instead of KPF, our midfield is seriously short of class and depth.

If Jeffy is in such a state that he will never get back to his AA form and wants to leave then currency wise he isn't worth much, but IF we could turn him around it would be so good to keep him as we are suddenly lacking in the small/medium forward role and he is one of the best when in form.

Ideally would want to keep Casboult mostly TBH as i envision Kreuz @ first ruck, Casboult @ second ruck/third tall, Henderson and Boyd the 2 tall forwards.

If Casboult keeps improving, Pick 5/6 turns into a gun and Jeffy recaptures his AA form, even if Boyd becomes a gun we could be getting the bad end of the deal! I mean 3 for 1 and we're short on depth as it is. So many if's though.

I'd want something else, structurally losing the leagues best contested grab and possibly Waite will hurt us big time. Don't get me wrong I'm all for getting Boyd but I want to Keep Casboult so Hendo can stay that swing man as we please...
You have to give quality to get quality.

Casbolt is capable and I won't be sad to keep him but he can take all the marks in the world kicking 1.19 won't win us a flag

who cares if they take 30 marks in 1 game, if they cant ususally kick straight what is it worth then?, boyd is dunstall like, goes back and bam kick straight through what more could you ask for?

So effectively Pick 5 + Levi + Garlett for Boyd?
Yep and considering we're losing Jeffy either way and won't get much for him, I like to think of it as Levi + pick 5 for Boyd :p

It all depends on how much you rate Casboult. For me, I don't see him improving much given his age and I think he is more of a roaming tall than a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back