Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you say Quentin or Quinten ???

View attachment 75973 View attachment 75974
LYNCH%20Quinten.png
Ahh memories

..Carlton First in Q for Lynch

So effectively Pick 5 + Levi + Garlett for Boyd?

Yes. and not the worst deal imaginable although I'd want something resembling steak knives as well.

(In the right circumstances I would think pick 5 might be enough.)

I'm wondering if we are looking at increasing depth through FA? Maybe there is an Everitt around that's not on Figbooty's radar just yet but the club has identified.

Besides I wouldn't call Garlett depth TBH. At the moment is a wasted talent and indeed a wasted list spot.

Maybe not constructing an entire forward line around one 19 year old kid being expected to do all the heavy loading? That is the scenario most people here seem to forget. It's not that I don't like Boyd, but he has no legitimate runs on the board to justify what some people here want to pay.

agreed. let's hope Waite & Hendo are around.

Once upon a time we traded Kennedy (former pick 4) and picks 3 and 20.

But at least Judd had played 100 games AND won a Brownlow AND a Norm Smith Medal AND captained a premiership team.

Boyd has done none of those things. If we get this trade wrong, it will set the club back years.
So, you're saying we traded much more to get a much better player? Funny that!

If we get the trade wrong it'll set the club back. If we draft the wrong player it'll set the club back. Only difference is that Boyd has exposed form at AFL level.

Yes. and not the worst deal imaginable although I'd want something resembling steak knives as well.

(In the right circumstances I would think pick 5 might be enough.)

I'm wondering if we are looking at increasing depth through FA? Maybe there is an Everitt around that's not on Figbooty's radar just yet but the club has identified.

Besides I wouldn't call Garlett depth TBH. At the moment is a wasted talent and indeed a wasted list spot.
I think we'd get a pick 30 or something back - especially as GWS would then have three picks in the top 20 and probably wouldnt use their pick in the 30's or 40's whereas we would

Let me tell you right now if all it cost us was Pick #5 Casboult and Garlett who is as good as gone, then sign me up.

So, you're saying we traded much more to get a much better player? Funny that!

If we get the trade wrong it'll set the club back. If we draft the wrong player it'll set the club back. Only difference is that Boyd has exposed form at AFL level.

Azul's reasoning is why I think pick 5 and a sweetner should be enough.

The trade scenario sees us lose Pick 5 + Cas + garlett.

Why wouldn't pick 5 + Garlett + an exchange of picks in their favour be enough? Take Saint Kilda out of the equation.

So for example:
Garlett, Picks 5 & 23 for
Boyd & Picks 30 & 40

I know it would get howled down elsewhere but it allows GWS a good pick in an even top end of the draft, a good 2nd rounder & garlett. If Boyd want's to go this might get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That trade being mentioned is a massive role of the dice.
Solid young KPF + a potential jet (draft pick) + a talented but off the rails Jeffy for a potential jet is pretty risky imo.

I think it all comes down to needing an A-Grade, marquee forward. Rarely will a team go all the way to a flag without one. Is Cas up to it? I don't think so.

It would be fantastic to have Casbout AND a Boyd-type, but if we have to trade Cas for Boyd, it makes sense to do it. Realistically, we aren't going to win a flag with or without Boyd for another few years. List needs much more than just a key forward. Why not grab Boyd now? Might actually be perfect timing for it.

Boyd, Henderson and maaaybe even Waite in the forward line, with Menzel at their feet in 2017 - sounds like the perfect year for flag #17 :)

Club has spoken to Spencer White's management. Saints slammed the door pretty quickly on that one.

We are in the market to get a KKF and we will more than likely land one this year who it is at this stage is up in the air. Of course Boyd is our first option.

Thanks MS3. Anything on Jaksch?

Is Levi really a sold young KPF though?

When was the last time he actually kicked a goal?
Solid: yes, gun: no.
Is there any guarantee that Boyd is a great deal better? Nope
It'd be a swing for the fences style deal, where it could work out amazingly or it could really blow up in our faces.

Solid: yes, gun: no.
Is there any guarantee that Boyd is a great deal better? Nope
It'd be a swing for the fences style deal, where it could work out amazingly or it could really blow up in our faces.

I just think Levi aint much of a forward - if a forward's role is to kick goals. Great mark. Ok in the ruck etc. But as a forward, don't think he'll make it.

True but forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't the prospective trade with St K as the middle man?

GWS end was Pick 1 and Garlett?

I can't see the harm in floating Picks 5, 23 & Garlett and cutting the Saints out of the deal.

I can't see GWS trading Boyd without getting pick 1 in return. He's done nothing to decrease his value from last year + GWS need to downsize their list. Why would they want a 3 for 1 trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back