Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook rumour but apparently the Lions are in talks with Sydney over Sam Reid. Does anyone think the Swans would part ways with him, seems to get discussed every year. Wishful thinking???

Same FB page that declared there was a 3rd Carlton player with robbo & jeffy?

I can't see GWS trading Boyd without getting pick 1 in return. He's done nothing to decrease his value from last year + GWS need to downsize their list. Why would they want a 3 for 1 trade?

you are right however I just don't like 3 way trades. Too much potential for the deal to fall through.

I don't think so, I don't follow any of the Facebook rumour pages, this was a Brisbane lions supporter page (so not a page that tries to drum up attention by making s**t up, just supporters discussing footy like BF).

note; i don't follow this page either but a lions supporter friend of mine liked the post.

It's an interesting post though, because as much as I don't think Reid would leave the swans, we have a lot to offer any promising KPF.

We could vary well sell them not only on the opportunity to play for a big Melbourne club. Also that it's well known how much we need a KPF and that for a player to fill that position at our club would probably come into a lot of promo dollars as well as become a marquee player for us. While Reid will always be a sideshow in Sydney (considering the KPF depth at both Sydney clubs) he would be the main act at Carlton and if he stamped his name as a marquee player for Carlton he would be the talk of the league.

My pitch to him would be; Stay in Sydney, and be remembered as part of one of the great teams, or come to carlton and become an all time great for THE greatest club of all time. Achieve Greatness and all that s**t.

I also think Sydney might consider it if we offered something of value given their wealth in KPP area and they probably have a need for some younger talent and will need to replace some KPD in the coming years. Watson on the table with an exchange of pics.

Last edited:
It's an interesting post though, because as much as I don't think Reid would leave the swans, we have a lot to offer any promising KPF.

We are the reason he is on a 5 year contract apparently.

I just think Levi aint much of a forward - if a forward's role is to kick goals. Great mark. Ok in the ruck etc. But as a forward, don't think he'll make it.
You're pretty down on Levi considering its his first real solid run in the seniors. No disrespect, but I think you may be wrong on this on. ;)

You're pretty down on Levi considering its his first real solid run in the seniors. No disrespect, but I think you may be wrong on this on. ;)

I think Levi is a great roaming tall. Don't get me wrong. I just don't think he'll become that dominating forward some people think he will.

I understand the keenness to get Boyd across, but honestly it makes far more sense to get him at the end of next year when he's out of contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true. My point was more in reference to those thinking he can be our Boyd or is as valuable as Hendo.

Is Levi really a sold young KPF though?

When was the last time he actually kicked a goal?

I just think Levi aint much of a forward - if a forward's role is to kick goals. Great mark. Ok in the ruck etc. But as a forward, don't think he'll make it.

Could've fooled me ;)

Could've fooled me ;)

Did all 3 quotes not all refer to Levi's ability as a FORWARD?

I have never stated Levi isn't a good roaming tall. He's just not a good forward because a forward's main role is to kick goals.

Did all 3 quotes not all refer to Levi's ability as a FORWARD?

I have never stated Levi isn't a good roaming tall. He's just not a good forward because a forward's main role is to kick goals.
He can be A forward without being THE forward. From what I've read, I'm not sure who is actually arguing he will somehow magically evolve into Boyd MkII come the beginning of 2015. I'd be happy for Earl Spalding MkII.

He can be A forward without being THE forward. From what I've read, I'm not sure who is actually arguing he will somehow magically evolve into Boyd MkII come the beginning of 2015. I'd be happy for Earl Spalding MkII.
But we don't have a Kernahan.

Henderson is good but he would benefit exponentially from a second main post in the forward line. This has been clear when Waite is in the team. Enter WB and North games for prime examples.

Exactly. And those advocating we trade Lachie who is a legitimate forward are overlooking this. If we trade Lachie for another forward how are we making any net gain?

I don't recall why we're even discussing any trades with the name Henderson involved.

He's exactly the type we'd be wanting to bring into the club but we want to move him on with some notion that someone will give us $2.00 for $1.00

It just doesn't work that way.

I don't recall why we're even discussing any trades with the name Henderson involved.

He's exactly the type we'd be wanting to bring into the club but we want to move him on with some notion that someone will give us $2.00 for $1.00

It just doesn't work that way.

What if it was a collectable 1 dollar coin

resized_80x60.png

Think outside the box harks...

:p

If we lose Waite and don't get a forward as good as or better, we're going backwards. Every year we go to the draft/trade period with one obvious need of a KPF and we're always disappointed.

I don't care if we pay overs. Just get Boyd (and Tom Mitchell) and I'll be happy.

Also, if Waite goes we have lost arguably our two best forwards in the last two years. (Could even be our three best if Garlett goes ;))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back