Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer Mitch stay...the reports were disappointing but not for flagrantly stupid acts. We want guys to be manic in their attack on the ball, hard to be too upset when they do cross the line occasionally. The lying is very poor form...but hard for others to know the pressure he was under at the time, he was already in the dog house. People under pressure often make bad decisions.

This is the biggest kick in the arse he could have received. Might just work.

I reaaaaallly hope we can get Membrey for a fourth round pick

We have so many people to go after this year.

Tutt Jones and Membrey - all with picks 3rd Round and below
Jaksch for our 2nd

I'd suggest our fourth for Membrey and a pick for Lucas used for Tutt.
Our third for jones. Our second fot jaksch

Which means hopefully we cab turn, Garlett/Robinson/Kockers trades into some second rounders and go into the draft with 3 picks.

If we dont find some picks somewhere though it could be a case of one pick at 6 anf then nothing till 80+ and we obviously need to take three draftees so we need to get back inside the top 35 desperatelt

Reckon if its a decision between Tutt or Membrey for our fourth (if that's the case) then grab Membrey and pick up Tutt in the PSD. Or just trade Lucas for Tutt as has been suggested.
As Rogers said - Tutt will depend on other deals/trades & will only happen @ the end - i.e. he's not a priority and we might be able to do better.

Reckon if its a decision between Tutt or Membrey for our fourth (if that's the case) then grab Membrey and pick up Tutt in the PSD. Or just trade Lucas for Tutt as has been suggested.

Membrey will surely go for higher than a 4th rounder. Seems to be a few clubs into him.

Tutt has a lot less value and has already nominated Carlton...so 4th rounder for him is probably right

Just gotta say though...how refreshing is it for the first time in many years, that players from other clubs are nominating Carlton as a club they want to play at?

I just feel like this year is the first year in many that multiple players have come out and said "I want to go to Carlton".

EDIT: Well, rumoured to have nominated Carlton as their club of choice...but seeing it printed in multiple places more often than previous years :)

Don't see the point of Tutt to be honest. Fast midget forward who hasn't shown a whole lot beyond his first few games. Seems to be enough talented short people coming through from the juniors as far as i can tell.

Just gotta say though...how refreshing is it for the first time in many years, that players from other clubs are nominating Carlton as a club they want to play at?

I just feel like this year is the first year in many that multiple players have come out and said "I want to go to Carlton".

EDIT: Well, rumoured to have nominated Carlton as their club of choice...but seeing it printed in multiple places more often than previous years :)
Agreed, it's always nice to be wanted. If we could now just raise the calibre of a few of them a few levels higher, then we're talking!

that's the malthouse influence and these kids would love to be coached by Mick just his presence says enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems that our getting Tutt may be dependant on other trade activity, though the PSD is always an option (similar to the way Jed Lamb ended up at GWS last year).

Honestly think he fills a need with Jeffy going and has some clear attributes we need. Is in the right age bracket and actually wants to come to us and don the Navy Blue.

With so many spots on the list, I'd like to see us pick him up - as well as Jones, Jaksch and Membrey (if he nominates us) and perhaps another midfielder (barring Melksham). People forget that we'll be losing a lot of experience and senior bodies this season, so replacing them with guys like this who are hungry and are ready and willing to play is essential to moving forward. Will every we pick up be Best 22 straight away? Unlikely. But if we can replace those outgoing guys with an equal amount of guys with senior experience and are young and hungry... we should be happy.

Could possibly get some of these guys with downgrades too.

Membrey for a downgrade of 3rd and 4th rounders or Knockers.
Waite compo (a third) for Jones
Sydneys 4th for Tutt or Blease
Jacksh for our Second and Sydneys 3rd

Were fortunate enough to be in the drivers seat if these players are nominating us and want to come here.

So it seems we are definitely bidding our first round pick on Darcy Moore. I am pleased about that. In the words of Don Chipp 'Keep the bastards honest' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back