Mega Thread The Thread of Despair - Discuss the badness of Brian Taylor here

Remove this Banner Ad

It took me a while but I made a great 'Sack This Commentator' template for everyone.

"Channel __ , Sack ________________"

Now you can denounce every commentator you despise!
You need to change this template.
I'm not sure how to insert Fox Footy :confused:

Back when his style of colour - "the dukes!" - was fresh among a sea of seriousness (Lane, Quartermain, McAvaney, Morphett).

Now everyone seems to fancy themselves as a comedian first, caller second, and BT comes off as just another tool.

I could never work out what it was which has made me suddenly dislike him so much, but this is spot on.

You also have an awesome avatar, despite how annoying skip is...

I actually find listening to BT (or any commentary if I'm honest) is the perfect time to hit the mute button and play some music. I find I'm alot less tense watching my team if I can't hear the BS they are spewing. Works for me :thumbsu:. Try if Effes.

PFO2905.jpg

Mods please leave this on the main board.

Brian Taylor's 'commentating' tonight just highlighted how he isn't fit to call football.

He is an amateur - tonight further entrenched his status as the worst caller in the AFL (tough gig to win with all the spuds commentating)

His counterpart Luke Darcy needs to be given the flick too

Oh Wowee, zippity doo dah

and some other crap he comes up with, then brain fart Darcy trys to add something deep with knob Richo agreeing like the half baked bong smoking fool he is.

The only good one is Lingy.

Wah wah wah. How about u get off your fat arse and do something about it. A post on bf asking mods not to move it is gonna do what exactly? Typical aussie airbag

awwww wah wah wah can't cop BT getting a bit of criticism.

Enough criticism and you get someone in the media with the balls to speak up - Rohan Connolly.

Check out the comments in the article below. Someone who will speak up against the back slapping egotistical hacks.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/cmon-seven-get-with-the-program-20120429-1xsyn.html

Absolutely ruins games that he commentates. Hate hate hate.

My most hated aspect of his commentary is that while he's driveling on about some irrelevant crap, the game proceeds unnoticed. Then it dawns on him that a football match is happening and suddenly he explodes with excitement.

"...and that's why, Richo, when they used to play football in the bush they used a goat's bladderOH MY GOD HE HAS THE BALL HE HANDBALLS IT OH WOW IT GOES OVER THE BOUNDARY LINE FOR A THROW IN WOWEEEEE!!!"

Seriously, either follow the game and commentate on it or shut the hell up.

I also particularly enjoy how Darcy and Taylor frequently miss really obvious things that need to be elaborated on. While they describe the basics occasionally, they often leave plainly controversial or interesting incidents alone as though they never happened.

I might be in a minority here but what is wrong with Saturday night team. What actually do you want from the team. If you don't like it listen to something else or use the medium that is radio.

I might be in a minority here but what is wrong with Saturday night team. What actually do you want from the team. If you don't like it listen to something else or use the medium that is radio.

Nothing's wrong with it at all...

On an unrelated note, did you know that Tom Bell is 95kg, and that Darce loves the way he goes about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whose that grey haired idiot on 7 they call Ando? They're discussing the Hawthorn v Essendon game, and all he can talk about is Clarko's behaviour in the box. Do we really need this kind of media, or can we have some people who can add something to the analysis of the game for a change?

I want the team to describe the action, to name players who feature in the action as they contribute tackles, kicks and handballs. I do not want to listen to long raves that have little to do with the action unfolding in front of the commentators. Describing the action is particularly important when GWS are playing because the GWS players arte unfamiliar to me. You can't 'listen to something else' because the radio and TV broadcast are out of synch with each other. In between goals the special comments can contribute their wisdom, which would mean almost no special comments on free to air because of commercial breaks.

awwww wah wah wah can't cop BT getting a bit of criticism.

Enough criticism and you get someone in the media with the balls to speak up - Rohan Connolly.

Check out the comments in the article below. Someone who will speak up against the back slapping egotistical hacks.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/cmon-seven-get-with-the-program-20120429-1xsyn.html
Good article till he mentioned David King. Funny thing is, BT is good on the radio, but absolutely cringeworthy on Ch 7. And if I hear the word 'Dukes' again I will spew!

I actually like BT's commentary ordinarily. Tonight was the first time I'd heard him call a Richmond game though, and... holy s**t. I've never heard bias like it.

He was absolutely howling any time Carlton received a free, downplaying situations where the Blues should have gotten a free, and basically providing the most one-sided broadcast of a game I've ever listened to. I don't know why people are bagging Richo, I thought he was far more balanced.

I know Walls can show a bias towards the Blues, but at least he balances it with constant venomous sprays at the club. BT on the other hand may as well have been commentating from the Richmond cheer squad.

Dear grizzlym could you please merge all the Brian Taylor hate threads and sticky it. We all hate him, pointless to have a new thread started on him all the time.

The thread of despair? Will do.

My most hated aspect of his commentary is that while he's driveling on about some irrelevant crap, the game proceeds unnoticed. Then it dawns on him that a football match is happening and suddenly he explodes with excitement.

"...and that's why, Richo, when they used to play football in the bush they used a goat's bladderOH MY GOD HE HAS THE BALL HE HANDBALLS IT OH WOW IT GOES OVER THE BOUNDARY LINE FOR A THROW IN WOWEEEEE!!!"

I noticed that his 'go to' phrase in those situations where he tries to get back on track is "Look at this" followed by "Ryder takes a mark" or "Yarran takes a bounce" or whatever.

Words cannot describe how much I hate this flog.

Whose that grey haired idiot on 7 they call Ando? They're discussing the Hawthorn v Essendon game, and all he can talk about is Clarko's behaviour in the box. Do we really need this kind of media, or can we have some people who can add something to the analysis of the game for a change?

Ando most famous for driving his car into the back wall of a dim sim shop in Coburg.While drunk.
Sorry i had to bring it up again i just thought people liked to joke about un-footy related things on a footy website like Ando.

If he could learn that it's St Kilda, not San Kilda I would appreciate it.

Oh, and did you know Jack Steven is from Lorne ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back