News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Players taking coke.....dickheads.

As I said earlier in the thread, one of the warnings kids get about taking drugs is that you dont know what you are getting. The chemists arent exactly at the upper end of the moral spectrum.

Accidentally getting a PED in their coke gives them a four year ban. Lots of kids have ended up with much worse s**t in their drugs they have been imbibing on and have died on the spot. I hope these boys know how lucky they are. They wont feel it now but if it shakes them and some teammates into getting clean then that can only be a good thing.

(On the other hand, nobody seems to have learned from John McCarthys death or from Ben Cousins or Daniel Kerrs lives spiralling out of control, so why would they care this time)

Sorry to intrude.

The theory that it was from a dodgy batch of coke, do you guys believe it?

Even if that's the avenue they go down, I'm probably more inclined to believe they were deliberately doping, and are hoping to get a lesser sentence (and preserve as much face as possible) by claiming it was accidentally ingested with a line of coke. This would be the case for any player who tested positive in these circumstances, not a judgement on the two lads specifically.

Sorry to intrude.

Even if that's the avenue they go down, I'm probably more inclined to believe they were deliberately doping, and are hoping to get a lesser sentence (and preserve as much face as possible) by claiming it was accidentally ingested with a line of coke. This would be the case for any player who tested positive in these circumstances, not a judgement on the two lads specifically.

Nah i believe it. These blokes get tested all the time, they know they aren't going to get away with it. It's just a dumb mistake.

Rumours still around regarding a couple more players testing positive, potentially our guys as well. Can't believe this is happening really.

Sorry to intrude.

I have to say that despite the IQ level of footy players, I find it hard to believe given 3 years of super-saturation of the message that anyone would take a PED unless they were kicked in the head by a mule. I think it must surely have come in some other way but who knows at this point what the vehicle was.

Sorry to intrude.

The fact they live together suggests they also party together. If as rumour has it a third housemate (at another club) also goes down for the same thing, then I'd have to say personally I believe that story.

Levels in the system may also be a guide. i'll leave it to the experts but I have no reason to disbelieve the story as reported so far.

How did Essendon put up with this for so long!? Day 2 and I'm already sick of hearing about it!

Well we are Honest so we should get a Quick Resoloution. Where the Bummers Hid, so it taken so long to get where they are now

Imagine the cops raiding your house and busting you for being in possession of commercial quantities of cocaine.

All you did is go down to your local supermarket and buy a box of washing powder and bring it home. You had no idea that someone was smuggling cocaine into the country in a box of washing powder, somebody stuffed up and the box actually ended up on a supermarket shelf.

But no matter, you know the rules, you know that you're not allowed to have commercial quantities of cocaine in the house. You do the crime, you do the time ;)
Just being a smartarse here, but in that case there is no crime.
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah i believe it. These blokes get tested all the time, they know they aren't going to get away with it. It's just a dumb mistake.

Rumours still around regarding a couple more players testing positive, potentially our guys as well. Can't believe this is happening really.
Yeah well it's not a random test, someone or something somehow pricked the ears of the doping tester's.

I have to say that despite the IQ level of footy players, I find it hard to believe given 3 years of super-saturation of the message that anyone would take a PED unless they were kicked in the head by a mule. I think it must surely have come in some other way but who knows at this point what the vehicle was.

Never underestimate every humans capacity for stupidity or self destruction.

If stage 3 is getting smashed I'm halfway there already.

Standing side by side with you brother jmac70. ;)

Man I love this brew.
Grolsch_beer_re.jpg

If that's the case, and it looks to be so.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Thomas/Keeffe. F**king morons

Yes. If true then it must be the end.

Who cares? Seriously, people drink every weekend. That's a drug. So what? The only problem is if it's a performance enhancing drug. If it's performance reducing, well, let them do what they want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

This was a point of discussion elsewhere in the 'bad boys' thread which may get a bump in the next little while but whatever your view about illicit drugs they are illegal. Short of a broader debate about decriminalisation, illicit drug taking in the context of illegality creates all sorts of problems re secrecy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back