Ticket inspectors

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, course you did.
And yet you rely on public transport, peasant.
Had a slight change of opinion since I last posted here.
I have a 17 year old son, turned 17 first week of Jan. a good kid, love his sport and will go to any AFL, A-League, Cricket match there is on, just because he loves his sport. He and a mate got bailed up at Flinders St by one of these turds and he was given the 3rd degree because he didn't look like a student (he's 6'3) and he didn't have some bullshit letter stating that he's still a student despite having a current student ID card. Apparently the prick got right up in his face, trying to provoke a reaction. My son was scared shitless and complied with everything that he was asked, still threatened with a fine and next time "I see you here you better have the correct letter".
******* a-hole, first instinct was to drive down there and confront this w***er myself and see how he steps up against 6'3" adults with a bit of life experience.
I realise these pricks with small knobs have a job to do and generally its offenders that get caught but seems to me that they also get off on intimidation of minors.
Would have loved to be there with my son when that happened.

Yup

Was talking to someone from my footy team just last night - He's a bit older being over 40 and has grown up in Melbourne - Said he always used to pay for his tram tickets but ever since the myki came in and the ticket inspectors have become worse he avoids tapping on to spite them..

He also said something about apparently Domain Interchage doesn't even have a top up station! Considering it would be one of the busiest tram stops in Melbourne, that seems pretty ridiculous...

He also said something about apparently Domain Interchage doesn't even have a top up station! Considering it would be one of the busiest tram stops in Melbourne, that seems pretty ridiculous...
I'm pretty sure it does have a top up machine which i believe is located on the middle platform. I remember topping up there before because I saw a whole heap of Gestapo on the other platform.

I have a 17 year old son, turned 17 first week of Jan. a good kid, love his sport and will go to any AFL, A-League, Cricket match there is on, just because he loves his sport. He and a mate got bailed up at Flinders St by one of these turds and he was given the 3rd degree because he didn't look like a student (he's 6'3) and he didn't have some bullshit letter stating that he's still a student despite having a current student ID card. Apparently the prick got right up in his face, trying to provoke a reaction. My son was scared shitless and complied with everything that he was asked, still threatened with a fine and next time "I see you here you better have the correct letter".
******* a-hole, first instinct was to drive down there and confront this ****** myself and see how he steps up against 6'3" adults with a bit of life experience.
I realise these pricks with small knobs have a job to do and generally its offenders that get caught but seems to me that they also get off on intimidation of minors.

They are indeed bullies and they very much do target young people/students etc.

******* a-hole, first instinct was to drive down there and confront this ****** myself and see how he steps up against 6'3" adults with a bit of life experience.
Intimidation of minors is correct. 15 y.o. sister was told she'd be arrested a while ago. She wasn't being a pratt or anything but as he was being a flog (and she's actually quite tough) he didn't like it. She was 50 cents in arrears on her myki, little did she know that the stooge at the shop gave her an adult one instead of a child one so she was paying more. The bastard could see this too. Mum wrote a letter and she got off.

Walk away and also act dumb also seems to be a good trick. Seems that there is an instruction not to follow people particularly when leaving the barrier. There is a reason for this.

The public transport system is pretty clear about having correct ID to be a student on public transport. If he is 6'3 then he would look more like a uni student. as a uni student only full time students get the concession (student ticket). A student card means nothing and is worthless for public transport.

By the sounds of it the guy let your son off with a warning when he would have had every right (and legally should have) given your son a fine for fair evading. So what do you want out of these guys? You son got a lucky break.

The public transport system is pretty clear about having correct ID to be a student on public transport. If he is 6'3 then he would look more like a uni student. as a uni student only full time students get the concession (student ticket). A student card means nothing and is worthless for public transport.

By the sounds of it the guy let your son off with a warning when he would have had every right (and legally should have) given your son a fine for fair evading. So what do you want out of these guys? You son got a lucky break.
Hi PTV

He had the correct student I.d. He doesn't look like a year 12 student being 6'3", that's where this w***er got off trying to intimidate a student. You didn't read properly did you? He was let off with severe intimidation and bullying when just a gentle reminder would have sufficed. My kids a school captain, he's not a smartarse and doesn't cause trouble. There is a right way to go about officiating and a wrong way.
Any father would get furious if they heard their son was bullied by an adult if they weren't aware they were doing anything wrong, any father that had a set of nuts that is.
As mad as I was on hearing this, I could have gone down there and fed this guy my ******* fist for talking to one of my kids the way he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used for perspective noob.
Good at schoolwork, good at sport, healthy respectful kid that doesn't make a habit of hanging around skateparks, train stations or shopping centres being a fcukhead.
Meaning that these knuckledraggers don't have a predisposed target, they're just morons on the job to every customer.

Used for perspective noob.
Good at schoolwork, good at sport, healthy respectful kid that doesn't make a habit of hanging around skateparks, train stations or shopping centres being a fcukhead.
Meaning that these knuckledraggers don't have a predisposed target, they're just morons on the job to every customer.
Uh-huh.

Every school captain is of unquestionably good character, and every kid hanging around a skatepark is likely to be a criminal... I get it.

Back on topic; Ticket Inspectors are undoubtedly s**t people and it's patently obvious that communication is not exactly a job requirement, but the real issue is our pathetic public transport system.

The people employed to be on the trams and trains should sell tickets, not fine people who don't have one, especially given how unreliable the Myki system actually is.

I see that you are a deuche bag, but I'll indulge -

If he was a uni student, then chances are he'd have a concession card for low income - ergo, a concession ticket..

but if you read what his old man wrote, he just turned 17 this month - He hasn't finished high school yet -

If you're a scab, I should tell you to get a real job -

I love to hate ticket inspectors but let's face it. If people could take their chance and pay for a ticket off an inspector, 50% of Melbourne wouldn't be buying tickets.

Let's face it.....ticket inspectors are pretty s**t people, but they're still one rung higher on the gene pool than the freeloaders who try to ride for free

Let's face it.....ticket inspectors are pretty s**t people, but they're still one rung higher on the gene pool than the freeloaders who try to ride for free

cannot disagree with this post any more than is possible..

free loaders are looking after themselves... they are dealing with their own financial situation of the time.. they hurt nobody and cause no harm to anyone...

ticket scabs are intimidating thugs... they pull out badges and write out tickets of $200 or more in fines for people who in most cases cant actually afford it... because you know... they didn't/couldn't pay the $3 ticket in the first place....

anyone who sides with a ticket scab is a scab themselves... i have no time for them in any capacity whatsoever...

and just because i hate ticket scabs, doesn't mean that i don't think that paying for PT is important - I do pay for train/bus tickets most of the time - occasionally i free load on trams but * it - whatever.... scabs are a blight on society and i'll stick up for a freeloader 100% of the time over a scab

cannot disagree with this post any more than is possible..

free loaders are looking after themselves... they are dealing with their own financial situation of the time.. they hurt nobody and cause no harm to anyone...

ticket scabs are intimidating thugs... they pull out badges and write out tickets of $200 or more in fines for people who in most cases cant actually afford it... because you know... they didn't/couldn't pay the $3 ticket in the first place....

anyone who sides with a ticket scab is a scab themselves... i have no time for them in any capacity whatsoever...

and just because i hate ticket scabs, doesn't mean that i don't think that paying for PT is important - I do pay for train/bus tickets most of the time - occasionally i free load on trams but **** it - whatever.... scabs are a blight on society and i'll stick up for a freeloader 100% of the time over a scab
LOL:drunk:
In short......you're a freeloader.

I had dinner with one of my friends in the city a while ago and she caught the train home by herself. She got to the station just as the train was pulling in, touched her myki on and was running to the train when she was stopped by an inspector.

He took her myki off her and did something to it and then told her that it was a counterfeit. She started to panic because she knew that the train was about to leave and it would be about 30 minutes to her next one (and she was by herself at the station at about 11pm) and she knew for a fact that she'd bought the myki at a 7-11 and used it all the time. It went back and forth with this inspector until she nearly started crying, her ******* train left without her...and then the prick of an inspector said, "just kidding! have a good night!" and handed her back her myki.

She ended up catching a taxi home because she didn't want to hang around the station by herself, and I made her send in a letter of complaint, but she never heard back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back