Media TiFmedia Sweet FA Power Rankings - Season 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Following reading your post, I momentarily considered making some media, but then noticed how tired I am.

Tired. So very tired.

#heckcaptaincy
I'm going to single handedly revive Sweet media!

....once I can be bothered doing the required work

g0fdeWf.png

#2 - Mt Buller Demons

Ok now where were we? Let's finish this off once and for all.

Surprise surprise, it's the ever reliable Dees holding their 2nd placed ranking having secured their place in the pre S36 TiFmedia Power Rankings. When you've got a list that bats this deep and has been a model of stability and high performance for at least the better part of a decade, you deserve all the plaudits that come your way.

Having turned around their horrible anuses from a S35 shit show, the Dees got back to their winning ways in S36 when it really mattered, and once again appear set to feature in finals action where teams would be advised not to take the sleeping giants lightly. Take it from me, they bundled our asses out of the finals last season to much chagrin from yours truly.

** shakes fist **

4rse0pf.png

OFF SEASON AT A GLANCE...
Notable Moves

IN:

Nil

OUT:

Tarkyn_24
to East Side Hawks

Again, despite the net loss of club legend and league HOF Immortal Tarkyn_24 for nothing of significant note the other way, most clubs would take a considerable hit in the activity/standing stakes, however Tarks' admirable return home to the Hawks to bolster a rejuvenated rebranded East Side outfit whilst a big loss in the scheme of things, does little to impact their overall standing in the game such is the strength of their list.

With newcomer Gralin already well entrenched and established, the Demons were able to graciously enable Tarks' safe passage to the Hawks with their blessings, enabling the Hawks to reclaim some of their club history and prestige while at the same time losing little face with the loss.

Not quite a win-win by any stretch, but there was zero need for the Dees to frantically seek a replacement as their improvement will continue to come from within as their powerhouse squad waxes and wanes season by season.

eRRY3p1.png

Similar to the Dragons, the Dees hit rock bottom in S35 seeing them secure the wooden spoon, however a resurgent S36 saw them return to finals with a 6-1-7 win loss record securing them the last spot in the top eight. Once qualified, they would go on a tear, despatching the 5th placed Warriors in their EF, managing a finals run all the way to a Prelim Final where they would ultimately bow out against the runner up Bears.

It was a middling season in the individual accolades dept, indicative of a mediocre home and away record just good enough to scrap into finals. Full forward Wosh just scraped into the top 10 in the Fred race in 9th overall, former skipper Yakker would finish 11th overall in the Mobbs Medal with his 12 votes the best performer from Mt Buller.

That said, the highlight would have to be the barnstorming victory in the EKA first season sensation Gralin who proved to be one of the best recruits the league has seen in the past half a dozen or so seasons. Perhaps only matched by their four selections in the All-SFA squad, as skipper manangatang & club champions Headless & sausageroll joined the victorious EKA juggernaut Gralin with blazers despite a ho hum H&A season as a club.

beez Trophy wise, and the club earned six selections in the top 50, with Hate, Gralin, Wosh and manangatang all securing top 20 finishes with Hate their best finisher in 6th place.

So that leaves us with just one final team to review....

g0fdeWf.png

#2 - Mt Buller Demons

Ok now where were we? Let's finish this off once and for all.

Surprise surprise, it's the ever reliable Dees holding their 2nd placed ranking having secured their place in the pre S36 TiFmedia Power Rankings. When you've got a list that bats this deep and has been a model of stability and high performance for at least the better part of a decade, you deserve all the plaudits that come your way.

Having turned around their horrible anuses from a S35 s**t show, the Dees got back to their winning ways in S36 when it really mattered, and once again appear set to feature in finals action where teams would be advised not to take the sleeping giants lightly. Take it from me, they bundled our asses out of the finals last season to much chagrin from yours truly.

** shakes fist **

4rse0pf.png

Notable Moves

IN:

Nil

OUT:

Tarkyn_24
to East Side Hawks

Again, despite the net loss of club legend and league HOF Immortal Tarkyn_24 for nothing of significant note the other way, most clubs would take a considerable hit in the activity/standing stakes, however Tarks' admirable return home to the Hawks to bolster a rejuvenated rebranded East Side outfit whilst a big loss in the scheme of things, does little to impact their overall standing in the game such is the strength of their list.

With newcomer Gralin already well entrenched and established, the Demons were able to graciously enable Tarks' safe passage to the Hawks with their blessings, enabling the Hawks to reclaim some of their club history and prestige while at the same time losing little face with the loss.

Not quite a win-win by any stretch, but there was zero need for the Dees to frantically seek a replacement as their improvement will continue to come from within as their powerhouse squad waxes and wanes season by season.

eRRY3p1.png

Similar to the Dragons, the Dees hit rock bottom in S35 seeing them secure the wooden spoon, however a resurgent S36 saw them return to finals with a 6-1-7 win loss record securing them the last spot in the top eight. Once qualified, they would go on a tear, despatching the 5th placed Warriors in their EF, managing a finals run all the way to a Prelim Final where they would ultimately bow out against the runner up Bears.

It was a middling season in the individual accolades dept, indicative of a mediocre home and away record just good enough to scrap into finals. Full forward Wosh just scraped into the top 10 in the Fred race in 9th overall, former skipper Yakker would finish 11th overall in the Mobbs Medal with his 12 votes the best performer from Mt Buller.

That said, the highlight would have to be the barnstorming victory in the EKA first season sensation Gralin who proved to be one of the best recruits the league has seen in the past half a dozen or so seasons. Perhaps only matched by their four selections in the All-SFA squad, as skipper manangatang & club champions Headless & sausageroll joined the victorious EKA juggernaut Gralin with blazers despite a ho hum H&A season as a club.

beez Trophy wise, and the club earned six selections in the top 50, with Hate, Gralin, Wosh and manangatang all securing top 20 finishes with Hate their best finisher in 6th place.

So that leaves us with just one final team to review....
Oh oh who is the last team?

1716625909846.jpeg

gRnbMWs.png

#1 - Coney Island Warriors

Can you believe it? Don't worry, neither can I! Whoddathunk it?!

Ok, now I can hear the cynics amongst us groaning and muttering obscenities under their breath. Sure, fingernail deep analysis would say, "Well what a surprise TiF makes his own club #1" and yes, it is quite the convenient coincidence, I'll give you that much. But underestimate the TiFmedia algorithm at your own peril. It keeps the receipts.

But after another dozen of these tour de force write ups we have once again reached the summit of the competition with the all powerful Coney Island Warriors, so let me spell it out as clearly as possible why (and I preface this by reminding you this thread is about 15 rounds overdue and woefully out of date, much like my belated beez run will prove to be) the Wazzas once again find ourselves in the undisputed #1 seeding in the Season 37 TiFmedia Power Rankings.

4rse0pf.png

Notable Moves

IN:

Nil

OUT:

CursingFijian
to Baghdad Bombers

Another of the Sweet FA's strongest squad lists, the Warriors have seen minimal list changes in the past few seasons with last season's acquisition of club legend zackah being offset with the loss of the homebound CursingFijian who returns to Abdu Prison to bolster a Bombers squad in transition.

As we touched on last season, the Warriors have maintained a consistent list with the current group largely remaining together through the post Expansion era where other clubs have ebbed and flowed during the same period.

Wherever you look there's #1 ranked players in the league history, whether it be the Mobbs Medal or the beez Trophy. And if they're not #1, you can check the records and I'll bet you'll find a Wazza there. Whether it be All-SFA selections, multiple beez wins, Mobbs Medal wins, Fred wins, TFLUA Tiger Medals, Frankston Rover awards and former administrators, sexy brothers, song contest & Eurovision enthusiasts, mods (eeew), premium shoopers... you name it, the Warriors have it amongst the current squad.

Besides that elusive flag of course. Don't think I'm silly enough to leave that one open for you!!

eRRY3p1.png

Now while not quite the impressive on field season for the Wazzas in S36 after their club record equalling S35, they still managed a 5th placed finish with a 7 win, 7 loss season enough to qualify for a home final. The highlight clearly their 102 point drubbing of eventual premiers the Gumbies on their own deck at the House of Gumby.

Unfortunately they were unable to cash in on their finals berth as they were bundled out by the plucky Dees in their Elimination Final to put #Flagwazzas on ice once again.

Individually, they earned an equal league leading four All-SFA selections with skipper Tonga Bob earning captaincy along with his guernsey, joined by league all time All-SFA selection leader The Filth Wizard, and two debutant All-SFA selections in Dinsdale & spudmaster who both enjoyed breakout seasons.

But what a season it was for the skipper. A back to back beez Trophy win saw him salute once again in S36, while he also then casually took out the Mobbs Medal by a solitary vote and as we already touched on earned the trifecta of All-SFA captain. Add to that a third place finish from former skipper yours truly that sees me leapfrog teammate Filthy into #1 position on the all time beez vote tally, and a 2nd place finish for Filthy in the Fred with 60 majors to his name, and it's a brave soul who dares challenge the wisdom of the algorithm this season.

Overall in the beez, the Warriors enjoyed 3 top 20 finishers as vice captain FootyGuy13 joined his former and current skipper on qooty's night of nights. In fact the Wazzas earned 8 selections inside the top 60, a testament to the depth of the squad as the 3 mentioned were joined by spudmaster, The Filth Wizard, Ocha905, pantskyle & Dinsdale.

So of course the patented algorithm has assessed all of those contributing factors to objectively rank the Coney Island Warriors as the #1 placed club with daylight in the Season 37 TiFmedia Power Rankings. Now if I'd actually finished this within the first handful of rounds I would have arrogantly boasted of just how difficult it would be to dethrone us Warriors in the S38 rankings, but based on our shiezen season I think it's safe to say we'll be unlikely to remain on top given the algorithm's renowned impartiality.

Stay tuned (maybe) for a much watered down version of the results for the End of Season rankings in the coming weeks as we rank all the movers & shakers in the S7 End of Season TiFmedia Power Rankings.

Remember, if you disagree with the algorithm... you are wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gRnbMWs.png

#1 - Coney Island Warriors

Can you believe it? Don't worry, neither can I! Whoddathunk it?!

Ok, now I can hear the cynics amongst us groaning and muttering obscenities under their breath. Sure, fingernail deep analysis would say, "Well what a surprise TiF makes his own club #1" and yes, it is quite the convenient coincidence, I'll give you that much. But underestimate the TiFmedia algorithm at your own peril. It keeps the receipts.

But after another dozen of these tour de force write ups we have once again reached the summit of the competition with the all powerful Coney Island Warriors, so let me spell it out as clearly as possible why (and I preface this by reminding you this thread is about 15 rounds overdue and woefully out of date, much like my belated beez run will prove to be) the Wazzas once again find ourselves in the undisputed #1 seeding in the Season 37 TiFmedia Power Rankings.

4rse0pf.png

Notable Moves

IN:

Nil

OUT:

CursingFijian
to Baghdad Bombers

Another of the Sweet FA's strongest squad lists, the Warriors have seen minimal list changes in the past few seasons with last season's acquisition of club legend zackah being offset with the loss of the homebound CursingFijian who returns to Abdu Prison to bolster a Bombers squad in transition.

As we touched on last season, the Warriors have maintained a consistent list with the current group largely remaining together through the post Expansion era where other clubs have ebbed and flowed during the same period.

Wherever you look there's #1 ranked players in the league history, whether it be the Mobbs Medal or the beez Trophy. And if they're not #1, you can check the records and I'll bet you'll find a Wazza there. Whether it be All-SFA selections, multiple beez wins, Mobbs Medal wins, Fred wins, TFLUA Tiger Medals, Frankston Rover awards and former administrators, sexy brothers, song contest & Eurovision enthusiasts, mods (eeew), premium shoopers... you name it, the Warriors have it amongst the current squad.

Besides that elusive flag of course. Don't think I'm silly enough to leave that one open for you!!

eRRY3p1.png

Now while not quite the impressive on field season for the Wazzas in S36 after their club record equalling S35, they still managed a 5th placed finish with a 7 win, 7 loss season enough to qualify for a home final. The highlight clearly their 102 point drubbing of eventual premiers the Gumbies on their own deck at the House of Gumby.

Unfortunately they were unable to cash in on their finals berth as they were bundled out by the plucky Dees in their Elimination Final to put #Flagwazzas on ice once again.

Individually, they earned an equal league leading four All-SFA selections with skipper Tonga Bob earning captaincy along with his guernsey, joined by league all time All-SFA selection leader The Filth Wizard, and two debutant All-SFA selections in Dinsdale & spudmaster who both enjoyed breakout seasons.

But what a season it was for the skipper. A back to back beez Trophy win saw him salute once again in S36, while he also then casually took out the Mobbs Medal by a solitary vote and as we already touched on earned the trifecta of All-SFA captain. Add to that a third place finish from former skipper yours truly that sees me leapfrog teammate Filthy into #1 position on the all time beez vote tally, and a 2nd place finish for Filthy in the Fred with 60 majors to his name, and it's a brave soul who dares challenge the wisdom of the algorithm this season.

Overall in the beez, the Warriors enjoyed 3 top 20 finishers as vice captain FootyGuy13 joined his former and current skipper on qooty's night of nights. In fact the Wazzas earned 8 selections inside the top 60, a testament to the depth of the squad as the 3 mentioned were joined by spudmaster, The Filth Wizard, Ocha905, pantskyle & Dinsdale.

So of course the patented algorithm has assessed all of those contributing factors to objectively rank the Coney Island Warriors as the #1 placed club with daylight in the Season 37 TiFmedia Power Rankings. Now if I'd actually finished this within the first handful of rounds I would have arrogantly boasted of just how difficult it would be to dethrone us Warriors in the S38 rankings, but based on our shiezen season I think it's safe to say we'll be unlikely to remain on top given the algorithm's renowned impartiality.

Stay tuned (maybe) for a much watered down version of the results for the End of Season rankings in the coming weeks as we rank all the movers & shakers in the S7 End of Season TiFmedia Power Rankings.

Remember, if you disagree with the algorithm... you are wrong.
Precious memories :praying:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back