Tim Rogers recording new theme song?

Revamped theme song

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we get a good crowd round 2. 25,000+ North fans as well as 3,000+ Brisbane/Fitzroy (old lion i back) fans would go a long way to making this idea work.

I think it could be good idea, especially if he includes a 5 minutes guitar solo somewhere in the middle. :)
But I'm happy to reserve judgement until I hear Tim's version.

Going by what NoBull said on the 1st page of this thread, I'm thinking the music will mainly be some kind of percussion that gets a beat going. I don't think something a'la 'We Will Rock You' would necessarily work, but along those lines (if that makes sense).

The other option would be a bass-line that does something similar. These are usually the 2 techniques used to encourage sing-alongs.

Guitar may be limited to a few pick slides inserted at opportune moments to heighten energy/excitement.

Same....

article-2604925-038E1555000005DC-58_634x419.jpg
this would have been better (but shot anyway).
Harry_Callahan.JPG

I recon with north back up the ladder use will get more people than in previous years to games. Anyone know the membership tally atm in comparison with this time last year. Should be 5k up. Playi g home games at the G wont be out of the question in 5 years. Tim Rogers will do it justice

Sounds like a positive innovation. Anything which properly brings in the the Heart to Hearts part will be cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets break it down....

We have between 10-20 thousand supporters attending our home games at Etihad. In a 50 thousand capacity stadium our supporters are spread across the stadium and any attempt of singing on our part is gonna sound really disjointed. Particularly if only 50% or less are only joining in.

This isn't a knock on Tim. But it doesn't matter if he comes up with something as good 'We are the Champions'(Queen) or something as bad as 'Tie me kangaroo down sport'(Rolf Harris)........it just isn't going to work.

This sorta thing has more scope for bigger supporter group clubs like Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond etc
Yah doing it all wrong mate. You have to be supportive of this sort of initiative because it has Tim Rogers involved and that. :stern look

Reminds me of the time when the club tried to justify the change in our club song many moons ago by proclaiming that the "The Music Men" were involved with the lyrics of the new song. Gold Old "Kangaaaassssss" Ahh those were the days. :stern look

As a Dogs' supporter with a huge soft spot for North, I freakin love the preamble to the song. After some big wins to hear the boys in the crowd start with the Heaaaaaaaaaaaaarts to Hearts with such passion and then everyone join in is fantastic and something we just don't have at the Dogs.

Unfortunately it may be a bit harder to get some people going before the game, but after a win is another story.

It's also about getting everybody's attention by drawing out that Heaaaaaaaaaaaaarts to get them to join in.

At my North supporting friend's family birthdays after Happy B Day, it's tradition to go straight into Hearts 2 Hearts.

I'm sure Tim will do a great job, I reckon his own cred won't allow for anything sub standard to be released. He know's what an honour this is.

At the gig on Saturday night, standing in the middle of Etihad's playing surface, it was good to see the electronic display stuff at the front of the second tier, up and ready for a Royal Blue and White saturation pre game come round 2.

Back