Scandal Toby Greene Arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby Greene & GWS wish they were just rumours unfortuantely they aren't and they're going to have to deal with it.

GWS would be better off trading him back to a Victorian club where he can join back up with his private school mates and party knowing mummy & daddy's money will ensure I don't get into any real trouble.

They'll make a great group of terrorists for the poor bland/blind sheep.

From my personal experiences with him, yes, great kid. Actually quite shy and quiet, always polite. When I say 'get a little bit stupid' I'm obviously not referring to attacking another person with a bottle.

I'm not defending his actions if indeed he is found guilty. All I am saying is that it would be wise to wait until all the facts come to light. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't agitation from both sides. I don't see anywhere where it's been confirmed that he attacked someone with a bottle, either.
DMRB
Out of of interest do you also think Campbell Brown is a top bloke and knockabout Aussie larrikan?
Just interested in your personal experiences and 'bloke' rating system.

From my personal experiences with him, yes, great kid. Actually quite shy and quiet, always polite. When I say 'get a little bit stupid' I'm obviously not referring to attacking another person with a bottle.

I'm not defending his actions if indeed he is found guilty. All I am saying is that it would be wise to wait until all the facts come to light. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't agitation from both sides. I don't see anywhere where it's been confirmed that he attacked someone with a bottle, either.
DMRB
Out of of interest do you also think Campbell Brown is a top bloke and knockabout Aussie larrikan?
Just interestes in your personal experiences and
Ripping guy liked by everyone who comes across him. Will pay a price for his actions, although Vic clubs will be ready to pounce at the slightest possibility of him coming home.

"ripping guy"

Very subjective I would think.

I think he should have slipped the Zagames guy $100 note and a thank you letter for NOT letting him in to that joint.

"We are in no way pre-judging the charges against Toby which will be heard in court later this year," Matthews said.

"However Toby has failed to meet the standards expected of the playing group by drinking alcohol when injured and failing to properly notify the club about a serious incident within an acceptable time frame.

"We are developing what we believe to be a strong culture at the GIANTS and we will not tolerate any actions by individuals which may jeopardise it.

"The player leadership group has made a clear statement to this effect and this has been supported by the Board.
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-05-16/greene-suspended-for-five-matches

DMRB
Just interested in your personal experiences and 'bloke' rating system.

I don't have any personal experiences with Campbell Brown, so can't comment...

They said on the Morning Glory this morning that he was carrying a pot outside, got told to take it back in by the bouncer, cracked it and then all the drama started. I know SEN can be a bit loose with the facts at times but if this is true he's an absolute oxygen thief.
Are you implying that he does not deserve to breath and live? Any integrity or respect people have for him are gone 20 years into his life, with maybe 80 more to go of him steeling our oxygen, us the pure angels who deserve it. He should die for getting into a scrap?

Piss off bigfooty.

Toby Greene & GWS wish they were just rumours unfortuantely they aren't and they're going to have to deal with it.

GWS would be better off trading him back to a Victorian club where he can join back up with his private school mates and party knowing mummy & daddy's money will ensure I don't get into any real trouble.
I am sure he can use some of the money he made from working hard to make it to professional level football.

You are sad.

Are you implying that he does not deserve to breath and live? Any integrity or respect people have for him are gone 20 years into his life, with maybe 80 more to go of him steeling our oxygen, us the pure angels who deserve it. He should die for getting into a scrap?

Piss off bigfooty.

I deserve oxygen more than that knob, yes, I've never beaten the s**t out of someone for a starter.

I deserve oxygen more than that knob, yes, I've never beaten the s**t out of someone for a starter.
I mean no disrespect, it's just Toby as well as a lot of GWS players, have been to countless remote schools, and stopped at as many kids hospitals. He doesn't even like to be on camera for club and AFL videos.

Surely his life is not over yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean no disrespect, it's just Toby as well as a lot of GWS players, have been to countless remote schools, and stopped at as many kids hospitals. He doesn't even like to be on camera for club and AFL videos.

Surely his life is not over yet.

Yeah well the cynical viewpoint is that they go to hospitals and schools so when they bugger up they can bring this up to make them not look like such campaigners (and they are probably made to this by the clubs anyway). And he's too shy to be on camera? Does that mean he's a good bloke?

A pretty firm response from GWS, and quick really given they've been scattered around. $5k + 5 weeks of lost match payments (ignoring not being able to play for those 5 weeks) is a fair whack for a young guy to wear, it sends a pretty clear message to the group.

Yeah well the cynical viewpoint is that they go to hospitals and schools so when they bugger up they can bring this up to make them not look like such campaigners (and they are probably made to this by the clubs anyway). And he's too shy to be on camera? Does that mean he's a good bloke?
For example he does these good deeds (all clubs do) but doesn't gloat about it. The videos, many clubs have them for their fans, he doesn't persist to be on camera even when backed into a corner by his team mates for an interview. Heath Shaw almost slipped the work * in similar GWS content recently.

Perhaps I should just say that I have not seen any other reports of him being aggressive and that's why I bring up the videos because he comes across the opposite of the type of person on your radar to commit crime.

A pretty firm response from GWS, and quick really given they've been scattered around. $5k + 5 weeks of lost match payments (ignoring not being able to play for those 5 weeks) is a fair whack for a young guy to wear, it sends a pretty clear message to the group.

Missing five weeks must be terrible for him.

How is the bouncer?

How is the bouncer?
He's missing five weeks for drinking alcohol while injured and not notifying the club of his arrest/charges. The courts will hear his case in September and the club can then drop the hammer if need be.

He's missing five weeks for drinking alcohol while injured and not notifying the club of his arrest/charges. The courts will hear his case in September and the club can then drop the hammer if need be.

He also gets the right to a fair, transparent and independent assessment and judgement of what he has been alleged to have done.
Not everyone gets this right in footy.

Giants to improve their DE over the next 5 games significantly. Na but seriously he should be fine. Players have done just as bad and stayed on lists due to talent, and he will stay on their list. Deserves a 2nd chance.

How is the bouncer?
Hopefully the bouncer is fine? This punishment is just for breaking team rules, and I think it's good that GWS have been fairly heavy handed over it.
He also gets the right to a fair, transparent and independent assessment and judgement of what he has been alleged to have done.
Not everyone gets this right in footy.
Everyone should, I don't see that he (nor GWS) should be frowned on because he's been afforded it.

Seems like one of the shittest blokes running around in the AFL at the moment. Him and Dusty should hang.

Poor form by Greene if this is true
GWS midfielder Toby Greene may appeal a five-match club ban after he was arrested on assault charges in Melbourne last weekend.

The Giants today handed Greene a five-match suspension and fined him $5000 after he was arrested on a number of charges following an alleged assault in a Melbourne bar last weekend.

It’s believed Greene’s management expected a ban of 2-3 matches and are considering lodging an appeal against the penalty.

While the 20-year-old accepted the ban, he is considering his options after discussions with his manager and the AFL Players Association.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...on-and-5000-fine/story-fni5f7qp-1226919832538

I can't recall a player ever trying to fight their own club over a suspension like that. Surely not a good move.

Just take it on the chin and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back