Toast Tom Hawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkins, Chapman and Pods are very dangerous forwards. :thumbsu: Did well against the hawks.

Poida, that is the best post you've had on this forum.

I'd just shown my daughter the sanitised last 2 minutes of the ch 7 coverage.
Then a completely different view.

Awesome.

hawkins-hawks-620x349.jpg

I have serious love for the Tomahawk...man crush is strong with Tommy he has just grown into the player that every Geelong fan thought he could be...we just had to be paitent with him, He even dominated with his eyes closed (see pic)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats flippin awesome!

Johnson picking him up... the look on Hawkins face... and the slow pan across Shoenmakers!

So sweet!

anyone else kind of see hawkins shot on friday as a real fork in the road moment?

just thinking about it this morning, there is a chance his future could have been heavily influenced by his choice to take the shot, and his success.

he had bartel fairly free in the pocket, but he wound down the clock and took the shot.

if he had just missed, i think that would have been more or less fine.

imagine, though, if he had shanked it as he did in rd 2, 4th Q vs hawthorn, which went out on the full by 20-25 metres. that could well have resulted in mooney-style self doubt plaguing him for years - completely blasting away any confidence he had developed, and preventing it coming back for some time.

instead - 55 out, took the responsibility, and straight through the middle. we all know hawkins is a confidence player, and that one kick could be the catalyst to really set that guy on the road to anywhere.

this could be a little dramatic on my part, but that one successful decision could prove extremely crucial in the making of tommy as a player. goodes, riewoldt, brad johnson, macintosh - all had the same scenario in recent memory, and all failed. or, i guess it could just be a nice little memory once he retires.

im going with the former.

Good vid. Needs to be longer !!!!

I'll take that to the grave with me,it's not a moment in AFL history that will be easily forgotten by either group of supporters or players,as B44 said it will have a positive influence on Hawkins,devastating for young Shoenmakers and the thought of possibly having to stand him in a final this year will give him and all things Hawthorn some sleepless nights.

I feel sorry for Hawthorn after viewing that video.

If you'd seen all the losses to Hawthorn I did during the 1980s and 1990s, more particularly putting up with their fans (they were arrogant scum then too), then you might feel differently.

I might feel sorry for them when Glenferrie Oval is burnt to the ground and all memory of them is erased from the history books. But I doubt it.

Screw them.

Haha gold. For all the hawthorn crap about the umpires. Puopolo cost them the game.

But gosh I love that video of hawkins it's like his brain exploded overcome by pure joy. As others have said i some ways I think its a bigger turning point than his grand-final performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back