Tom Scully's next contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tom Scully is now going into his fifth year of a $6,000,000 six year deal.

It will be most interesting to see what happens at the end of his contract. Clearly he is not worth that amount per year, and GWS will have to pay the like of Patton, Hosken-Elliot et.al should they have productive seasons.

I can't see GWS paying him more than $600,000 per season based on his output thus far.

I can definitely see Richmond offering him a contract at the end of his current deal.

In fact, it all works out quite nicely. Took the money and ran to the Giants. Then gets to play for his boyhood club at the age of 26 for the rest of his career.

Great move for him, also apparently bought a pretty decent place up in Sydney, which would have gone up a heap in $$$ over the last six years given what the market has done.

I wouldn't say no to bringing him home, but it's really hard to judge what he is worth now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great move for him, also apparently bought a pretty decent place up in Sydney, which would have gone up a heap in $$$ over the last six years given what the market has done.

I wouldn't say no to bringing him home, but it's really hard to judge what he is worth now.
smiths-chips-original.png

He would be best 22 in any team. One of the last picked, but he is a solid player.

I would expect he takes a contract of 300k-400k a year, signed early.

If GWS want him to take under 300k, I believe he will entertain other options. He didn't go there for anything other than a pay day, why should he stay for unders?

It may drag out for a bit but it will be best for GWS and Scully if he re-signs.

He's Actually a pretty good player now and I think he'll only get better.

If he's bought property in Sydney I'd think he'll stay at gws and try to win a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back