Tom Scully's next contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty certain he was GWS' number one target.

Unfortunately for them he's fallen drastically short of his potential, and even with a solid 2015 season he's got a long way to go on giving them a fair return on what they've paid for him already.

You'd think he'd take a fairly significant pay cut. Plenty of players at GWS more deserving of the salary cap space than Scully.

Will have to take a huge haircut. He really needs to repay the faith GWS showed him to get him from Melbourne.

The bloke is ugly enough as it is. I think he could do with a bit more growth, actually. Might make him look less like a bullet-headed weasel.

Got no problem with Scully's decision coz it was just a stupid offer.
Has Richmond HBFer written all over him.

What about Rhys Palmer ? Hard to believe he'll be 27. and never even mentioned after the unbelievable 1st yr he had.

I wasnt saying that it hasnt. Not that i agree with you

Maybe read what i was replying to.

There is no justification though, he was a big failure
Callan Ward should have been paid the money Scully took
Does it matter? No but you cant try and justify it in anyway, he will forever be the highest paid average player ever unless Tom Boyd doesnt develop

There is no justification though, he was a big failure
Callan Ward should have been paid the money Scully took
Does it matter? No but you cant try and justify it in anyway, he will forever be the highest paid average player ever unless Tom Boyd doesnt develop
Who was paid it all in the first couple of years. It didnt effect us in the slightest.
Seems to bug opposition supporters more than Giants fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scully has been very successful, he's an average talent but managed to get $6m over 6 years out of GWS and get his dad an overpaying job as well.

Regardless of what you think of him as a player you have to respect him for that, essentially he has set up the rest of his life.

/respect

Scully has been very successful, he's an average talent but managed to get $6m over 6 years out of GWS and get his dad an overpaying job as well.

Regardless of what you think of him as a player you have to respect him for that, essentially he has set up the rest of his life.

/respect
Right place at the right time.

He actually had a decent season this year and if he keeps up that level or improves further, a contract around the $400,000 mark per year would be about fair I think. That's probably with the Giants but there are other clubs who might be able to offer him a more prominent role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back