Tom Scully's next contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see if the man has any honour about him & agrees to stay for unders, given his first contract.

Why would it be honourable?

He was paid a speculative amount - from all reports he has tried his guts out

He has fulfilled his part of the bargain - the misfire is on GWS - not Scully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smiths-chips-original.png

He's not worth the tasty original flavour.

Maybe this crap:

71081.PNG

Why would it be honourable?

He was paid a speculative amount - from all reports he has tried his guts out

He has fulfilled his part of the bargain - the misfire is on GWS - not Scully

He knows he's not been worth the money.

Is he going to take a hair cut to help his side win flags? or is he going to chase the money? Honour.

Lol Melbourne supporters.

The guy has had Shiel, Ward, Treloar, Adams and recently Griffin to contend with in the middle, in fact coaches probs give him strict instructions to hang on the wings more.

The guy works as hard as any player in the AFL and consistently wins time trials and such. Never gets into trouble off the field or talks to media a lot, just goes about his professional business.

After 4 or 5 preseasons he has got a bigger body now and has gotten faster I reckon. Was flying early in the year then got injured and Giants went downhill also. The first years the Giants as a whole didn't have on field success and I can see any player struggling, not that he played bad anyway. (he isn't Gary Ablett).

He is vice-catain, so has a role to adhere to and sets a standard on the training track and off for his team mates.

I guess the only thing you can ask of him is to get more 30touch games and kick more goals. Unless prior agreements made he would be getting 400-500k in his next contract, he has another 10 years ahead of him and clearly still has more development to go. people talk here as if they wonder how he is even on any AFL list.

Really good young player.

He knows he's not been worth the money.

Is he going to take a hair cut to help his side win flags? or is he going to chase the money? Honour.

He is going to take a haircut regardless

However he doesn't "owe" GWS anything. He is legally and ethically required to give his best endeavours.

If someone can show he hasn't done that - then sure, he owes GWS.

I don't believe that to be the case. GWS took a punt on a potential rising star and it backfired.

If GWS offer him a fair contract based on his output - I am sure he will sign. If they try to sign him for "unders" to make up for their own backfire, then I don't think it is dishonourable for him to chase fair market value

Remove this Banner Ad

Back