Tour De France 2013 Stage 18: Gap - l'Alpe d'Huez 172.5km

Remove this Banner Ad

But if he rode Vuelta or Giro wouldn't he feasibly be the team leader? Sky could give the Giro to Porte, Le Tour to Wiggins and the Vuelta to Porte, or some combination therein.

I vaguely remember the commentators mentioning during one of the early stages that Porte only signed on again with sky because they promised him the team lead in next years giro

Adam Hansen you funny, funny man:

ux5U58O.jpg

But if he rode Vuelta or Giro wouldn't he feasibly be the team leader? Sky could give the Giro to Porte, Le Tour to Wiggins and the Vuelta to Porte, or some combination therein.

Edit* I just read this back and realised how ridiculous it would sound if not for Skys domination, imagine a team being able to raffle of grand tours. Hilarious.
Wiggins almost certainly won't be at UK Postal next year anyway. Sky will split the Grand Tours between Froome, Porte and Uran, with each rider getting to be team leader for one GT.

Is there talk of Wiggins leaving? Who's rumoured to be interested?
OGE but there will be a truck load of others

They have enforced it.

Quote from Froome; "If you look at it technically, Richie actually took the feed from the car, not me. Maybe that's something that should be taken into consideration,". :eek: What nerve!

I am fine with that. Given it was blatant cheating I would have DQ'ed Porte and excluded the Sky car and its occupants from the rest of the tour. Cycling officials just do not seem to get how much people are sick and tired of the cheating that is condoned within the sport.

They have enforced it.

Quote from Froome; "If you look at it technically, Richie actually took the feed from the car, not me. Maybe that's something that should be taken into consideration,". :eek: What nerve!

That's disgraceful, way to thank your team mate after he dragged your ass up a mountain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back