Tour de France 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

A fiver on him for the stage would have been handy. I'll only be upset because it was a toss of the coin for who i put my hard earned on.
I'm just happy that Sportsbet is finally allowing H2H bets to be multi'd with each other. Hopefully I'll make a killing this year.

how is the draw done? They start with Astana being last, but is there a rhyme or reason before that? I notice the teams cycle through in order, but is there a reason for the order or out of a hat? And do the teams then work out which of their riders go in what order - or are they drawn out of a hat too?
They've "seeded" 4 riders - Nibali, Peraud, Froome, Contador. Nibali is the reigning champion, Peraud was last year's runner up, Froome won in 2013 and Contador is Contador. These will be the last 4 riders to start.

The teams can determine the order in which their riders depart for all of the other (non-seeded) riders. Not sure how the team rotation order is determined - probably highest team number 1st (e.g. MTN Qhubeka) through to lowest number (Astana).

Things are a bit different for a mid-race TT (noting that this is a prologue). Normally the TT start order is the reverse of the GC classification - lantern rouge first to start, yellow jersey wearer starting last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrific ride by Dennis! Great to see an Aussie wearing the yellow jersey even if it is only for the one night. (Should be 2) :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back