Tour de France 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked the last time it was wet on the cobbles. Might have been the time before, actually...

I can see Nibali and Froome gaining time on a few others on this stage.

Froome is terrible on the Cobbles though.

No he isn't he matched Nibali in the 2015 TDF over the cobbles. He's no pure classics rider but he will handle them better than the likes of Yates, Landa, Quintana etc. Dumolin could do some real damage though.

No he isn't he matched Nibali in the 2015 TDF over the cobbles. He's no pure classics rider but he will handle them better than the likes of Yates, Landa, Quintana etc. Dumolin could do some real damage though.
I must be remembering differently. I thought he lost time on him over cobbles and obviously he crashed out the time before that.

It'll be interesting to see how Sunweb tackle this year's tour.

Last edited:
Which Froome won by a massive ... 46 seconds.

Watch how they raced the 21 stages - Check the time gaps between the top 10 - It was a very tough Giro.

Which Froome won by a massive ... 46 seconds.
That wasn’t the point though, either you don’t know much about cycling or you’re just an idiot.

And so the big race begins tonight, with a 201km ride along the western coast of France. The stage is as flat as a pancake, with the only categorised climb being a Cat 4 ascent to the giddy heights of 30m. I kid you not - there really is a Cat4 climb to a summit at 30m altitude. I told you it was flat. Should be a sprinters' paradise.

SBS Coverage starts at 8:30pm Eastern Standard Time. Initially it will be shown on the main SBS channel (HD and SD), before switching to VICELAND (HD and SD) at 11pm, due to some obscure soccer competition.

I'm guessing KotM will go to a rider in the breakaway. The yellow will go to whichever sprinter crosses the line in first place. Things could get messy, with riders trying to break away from the sprinters' trains in the last few kilometres in an effort to try and steal a day in yellow. That's what happens when you don't have a TT on the first stage, to provide some sort of order and stability to proceedings.

SBS coverage has started.

Tomalaris: It reminds me of the team Cadel Evans had in the tour in 2011.

Maybe that's because it was the same team Mike.

Tomalaris: It reminds me of the team Cadel Evans had in the tour in 2011.

Maybe that's because it was the same team Mike.

I almost miss Phil and Paul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prawn and Potato Salad, no thanks. Start the bloody cycling coverage SBS!

Georges Clemenceau was a bit more than just a local politician. He was also the Prime Minister of France during the First World War. Kind of an important part of his resume for them to be omitting...

Is Robbie McEwen just an echo chamber for Keenan's comments? Does he actually add anything to the race commentary at all?

After following the tour for years and years I don't think I've ever seen so many top riders all in with a chance of winning. This year will be massive! Let's go Porte!

After following the tour for years and years I don't think I've ever seen so many top riders all in with a chance of winning. This year will be massive! Let's go Porte!
Inb4skydestroyseveryone

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

First idiot with a dog. Has to be a record being on stage 1

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That wasn’t the point though, either you don’t know much about cycling or you’re just an idiot.

Sure 'Expert' - My post referring to the difficulty of winning the Giro/TDF double - Last achieved 20 years ago and only happened seven times in over 100 years.

Sure 'Expert' - My post referring to the difficulty of winning the Giro/TDF double - Last achieved 20 years ago and only happened seven times in over 100 years.
Yeah but your post didn’t actually add to the topic, he may have only won by a small amount but he still rode the whole thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back