List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

someone on the trade chat suggested he was on 2 strikes which is why Geelong happy to let him go - got shot down straight away as not being drug related. So some in the media at least believe they know the full story unless they believe "personal reasons" done mean drug related.

Essendon board stating he did a Carey. Any truth to rumour?

the media is saying no to that and no to the suggestion he is on 2 strikes - they said what they understand of the issue it is a lot more boring then any of that.

These are only rumors from Facebook that a friend told me. The rumor is that Bundy shagged Tom Lonergan's girlfriend :confused:o_O
tumblr_mm681qNocA1qfrw7to1_400.gif

Last edited:
So what about take a punt on Petrenko as an inside mid?

Not sure that's the best choice of words for this thread. ;)

I have a feeling his gambling issues played a major part in this move after listening to his 'role model' comments in the presser. However, these days it seems that every 2nd player is addicted to gambling if you follow their twitter feeds.

Hopefully he can sort out his problems, and both teams can have a win out of this trade.

I agree- anything that puts us in front of the Pies is a win, for mine :D
And, yes, apparently pulling the pin on the Cats has been on the cards for some time. Which begs the question- why not a week earlier, so the Cats had some chance of quickly reassessing their options?
Quite frankly, I have no idea why not. Nor might I add does anybody else on this board!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is all completely irrelevant to what was being discussed. Which was the suggestion that the reason Christensen was left out of contract was to give the club flexibility in pursuing other targets and that an agreement had been reached with him in principle, which would be signed after Frawley or any other free agency pick ups had been secured. Which, of course, makes no sense. Because if you're agreeing in principle to a contract before going out and signing another player, why not just present the contract? The answer is, of course, because the contract might need to be changed down the track, depending on how much is needed to secure the new player.

The specific discussion that was going on wasn't about Christensen's motivations for leaving, it was about the club's motivations for not signing him during the season, or signing him on for longer than one year at the end of last season.

Maybe Bundy got offered nearly 2 million over four years from the Lions some time ago as the size and length of the contract would suggest and had no intention of ever signing with Geelong at any stage during the year?

Apologies for dealing with reality and allowing that to get in the way of speculation.

If you have proof of course, like anyone, I would be interested to see it?

Last edited:
Maybe Bundy got offered nearly 2 million over four years from the Lions some time ago as the size and length of the contract would suggest and had no intention of ever signing with Geelong at any stage during the year?

Apologies for dealing with reality and allowing that to get in the way of speculation.

This.

I'm tipping he has been talking to Brisbane for months and That he was never going to re- sign with the Cats.

Good bye role model ... Not !!

This.

I'm tipping he has been talking to Brisbane for months and That he was never going to re- sign with the Cats.

Good bye role model ... Not !!

Ditto,which is what I suggested the other day when I read they've signed him for 4 years.

Proof of what, exactly? Another poster presented a scenario. I replied that if that scenario had happened, then it deserved to lose Christensen for 50 cents on the dollar. And you've gone off on some completely unrelated tangent.

Seems you're quite happy to deal with speculation that presents Geelong as faultless and Christensen as the bad guy. Funny that.

Proof of what, exactly? Another poster presented a scenario. I replied that if that scenario had happened, then it deserved to lose Christensen for 50 cents on the dollar. And you've gone off on some completely unrelated tangent.

Seems you're quite happy to deal with speculation that presents Geelong as faultless and Christensen as the bad guy. Funny that.

Do we deserve to lose Christensen?

As we deserved to lose Ablett?

This is what you are postulating. Not me, nor too many others I suspect.

The rest is just emotive drivel and avoidance of this original point.

One scenario that hasn't been presented is Geelong said to Christensen "Find yourself another club son….you're out! " …for reasons that have already been speculated upon earlier by many others….

AC went to Brisbane and they said yes…..Geelong said great and did the whole trade in 5 days, no problem…..no obstruction, no complaints.

I have no idea if thats the case…but its certainly possible given how expeditiously the trade went ahead..

Something isn't right about all this, and many posters on the Lions board think likewise.

Do we deserve to lose Christensen?

As we deserved to lose Ablett?

This is what you are postulating. Not me, nor too many others I suspect.

The rest is just emotive drivel and avoidance of this original point.

What on earth are you talking about? It's a throwaway line, that you are getting way too emotional about. 'If you're dumb enough to do/think <something>, then you deserve <unpleasant outcome> to happen to you.' If Geelong was dumb enough to deliberately wait until the end of the season to do anything official with Christensen's contract (even though a previous poster was suggesting the terms had been agreed to in principle), then yes, it deserved to lose him for sheer stupidity and lack of due diligence. If you've worked out the terms, put a contract in front of the player, before he changes his mind, or has it changed for him by someone with a truckload of cash.

And we've already explored the reasons why the Ablett and Christensen scenarios were completely different. They're not even on the same planet. Speaking of '...avoidance of this original point...'

Here we go, another bigfooty poster who claims to have a 'source' :rolleyes:... and its me!
Some of these posters bang on the money, others not in regards to the reason which I don't think it's fair to speculate on. Contract from Brisbane was not the reason for him leaving from what I've heard, and he is much loved by many (if not all) around Geelong including senior staff.

But the real issue here guys is what do I do with my username!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back