List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
worst case we load up on the Draft, if we can find a Higgins there that has an impact next yr that is great, it's just a lot of depth to lose while our window is wide open.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing to lose some borderline players that are at best depth. Last year, we won the flag bc we bypassed “depth players” and put games into fresh faces players like castagna, butler, short, broad. We need to be brave and give kids a shot they may just surprise like they did 12-18 months ago.

Just a theory but next year I’d be putting my faith in Markov, Baker, Garthwaite, Bolton, Naish and Menadue starting to push for some serious Gametime

Nothing unusual about 6-7 draft picks, especially if a couple of them are the rookie draft. I don’t mind loading up on that many in the hope you 3-4 good ones.

Can't really see it myself. No team in the window is going to get rid of all its depth and replace them with draft age kids alone. Nor with guys who didn't get drafted and then need to be picked up as rookies.

Side note: Do rookies even exist anymore? I thought it was just one list now.

I honestly think Miles will be massive for them.
C.Ellis will be a role player..in and out of the team. (average)

Miles will be a great fit, role model behaviours and leadership. Still a young bloke so will carve out a bit of a career there I think.

Corey Ellis not so much. He needs a complete 180. I’m surprised another AFL club is interested TBH.

Bolton has re signed with us! I’m very happy about this, especially since we’ve lost Stengle..
Bolton much bigger upside than Stengle imo anyway..
Another preseason in the gym and building his tank should have him a regular in the afl side 2019...
Could be anything this kid, has all the tricks..
Rumors he’s not mentally there yet, but he will mature with age and experience
I'm not happy losing Stengle, he is worth at least a late 2nd round draftpick if he goes.I'm not sure Bolton is a better player either.He was meant to stroll into the team this year, but showed very little.He has a good leap and is evasive, but he's no Liam Ryan.

F**k me, people really don't understand the point of free agency. Some dude wants us to lose trade points because we are getting Lynch on Trade Radio.
Bring it in when the plastics start losing a few to FA.

I'm not happy losing Stengle, he is worth at least a late 2nd round draftpick if he goes.I'm not sure Bolton is a better player either.He was meant to stroll into the team this year, but showed very little.He has a good leap and is evasive, but he's no Liam Ryan.

Ryan is 3 years older than Shai who is still only 19 and still growing and building a tank I’ll be backing shai 100%

media is saying GC will give pick 29 and 38 to Tigers for Miles and Ellis.
should tigers ask for pick 18 for both i did the numbers and we get a rd 1 pick and GC save more points for academy players
pick 29 and 38. 653+465=1118
pick 18. =985
win win for both clubs i reckon
That is incredible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would assume we will recruit some AFL ready state league players for depth to replace Miles/Lloyd ect.
Thats exactly what is going to happen.
Contray to others i have been told we are hitting the draft hard with young and mature talent.
Dont know how but I have been told there will be 7 to 8 mids drafted.

Rumor going around that maybe we could do a deal with blues we give them pick 17 for McGovern and they give us there two 2 rd picks mid 20 I think.I don't mind it we did it last year with one of our first rd picks.We picked up CCJ and Balta.
we only did that last year because we were going to take Naish with father/son and didn't want o ahve to give up our first pick to do so. we are much better using 1st rounder this year to help snag someone prominent

Contray to others i have been told we are hitting the draft hard with young and mature talent.

Few saints delistings involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

media is saying GC will give pick 29 and 38 to Tigers for Miles and Ellis.
should tigers ask for pick 18 for both i did the numbers and we get a rd 1 pick and GC save more points for academy players
pick 29 and 38. 653+465=1118
pick 18. =985
win win for both clubs i reckon

Maybe more inclined to take pick 18.

If one can use 29 and 38 for a club looking to get points like a North or Sydney sure but depending on the perception of the quality of the draft 18 may be more valuable in the actual draft and actual straight out trade.

What would GWS prefer? 18 or 29 and 38?

Really depends on who we are chasing, what other clubs want and where they see the real value in the draft and where it drops off

As far as Salary cap is concerned we do not need to play with a full contingent anyway do we?

Then again 29 and 38 can give us a bit more flexibility in trading.

Last edited:

It makes sense to invest in the draft. Most of our guns are in the same age bracket and we need to find more young talent to eventually replace them.

Haha I’ll guve u a tip if he gets fit enough he’s twice the player of Ryan..... this kid has some freakish talent

Few saints delistings involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasnt given names but have been told by 3 separate people now. One of which plays in our VFL team. Said player has been told hes welcome to stay but they cant garantee him game time as the priority will be to develop all draftees coming in. Some will also be mature draftees.

I would say we will try and get 5 to 6 picks before pick 50 and load up.

Moore and Menadue signing on for 1 year as well as Bolton.

Rekon Menadue is lucky so many are leaving as I dare say he would also be out. Hopefully another year in system with a big pre season he can turn things around. I dont see it but we need Menadue taking over Griggs role minus the rucking of coarse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back