List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yourself and CR are forgetting that Jack Graham (that is) is having a full shoulder reco and won’t have a full pre season I reckon
He'll be able to do all the running, just not the contact drills until after Christmas.

I find it odd that us Richmond supporters are questioning other teams management of their salary caps. Cotch, Jack, Rance, Prestia, Dusty, Lynch are all on big bucks but we’re managing to do it. No reason others can’t as well.

Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our forward line will consist of Riewoldt, Lynch, Caddy ,Rioli, Higgins and Butler.You can't play Castagna and Bolton as well.

There's something dodgy going on if they can sign Sheil, Wingard and Scully.I'm not sure why you're sticking up for Hawthorn,the campaigners have won too many modern premierships especially for a club with eff all supporters.
Not sticking up for Hawthorn, just sick of seeing silly stuff posted like "why aren't we doing anything" ect ect

I'm sure if we wanted Scully, we'd have him already.

I find it odd that us Richmond supporters are questioning other teams management of their salary caps. Cotch, Jack, Rance, Prestia, Dusty, Lynch are all on big bucks but we’re managing to do it. No reason others can’t as well.

We shouldn't have a salary cap and everyone else should. That's why we're all pissed off and questioning other clubs. It's the Richmond Tax. Playing in the same league as us comes at a price.

Dave P.

Haere Ra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Nank was dissed after one bad game was not right, he's been a lone ruckman for 2 years and plays right up to his level or above himself every week.I'm not sure how we will play it this year, you can't play Riewoldt,Lynch and 2 ruckmen in the same side.I would also not like to see Lynch in the ruck.I suspect we will play one ruckman again with maybe Kmac having a go.

Why can't you play that system the eagles won the flag with that game plan ?.They beat the two best ruckman in Gawn and Grundy by countering 2 rucks against them and Vardy and Lycett no stars either.Aslong as the rucks have mobility and and play around the ground that's the key.

If we continue with the one ruck again and no help for Nank we will burn him out and will get found out again like we did this season against the top sides.Mate the midfielder experiment is long gone now Grigg in the ruck let alone Kmac.

people who get worried about how clubs can sign/pay for certain players are afraid of them beating us
Yes
people who get worried about how clubs can sign/pay for certain players are afraid of them beating us
Yes correct.The fact we got Tom Lynch is making football experts saying it's unfair because we are the premiership team of one year ago.Do you realise Hawthorn has won 8 flags since 1988? We've won one ,and have 4 times as many real supporters.What gets me is that if we had of signed Tom Mitchell, O'Meara, Wingard and Scully, people would say that's unfair but it's ok for Hawthorn even though they have won 8 flags since 1988! 8 flags! It's friggin BS that the other clubs as a collective do nothing to stop this.Can you imagine if we had won 8 flags since 1988 what would happen?

Why can't you play that system the eagles won the flag with that game plan ?.They beat the two best ruckman in Gawn and Grundy by countering 2 rucks against them and Vardy and Lycett no stars either.Aslong as the rucks have mobility and and play around the ground that's the key.

If we continue with the one ruck again and no help for Nank we will burn him out and will get found out again like we did this season against the top sides.Mate the midfielder experiment is long gone now Grigg in the ruck let alone Kmac.
Which two players are you taking out of the team for Lynch and the second ruck.And where is the second ruck going to play when not rucking?

No they're not. Well some might be lol
The main point is people are saying they don't want him for a variety of reasons. If Hawks offer him more and he wants to go there then that's ok. But people are starting to say he's injured etc etc go to the draft. But all that doesn't make sense. If he fits into the cap we absolutely don't go to the draft if it's a 2nd or 3rd pick lol That's just silly

No one knows how bad his injuries a tho that's the question.The club may rather keep the money and target someone else next season free agency to etc.I think we are over hyping him a bit to much on this board to.

I keep mentioning Caddy as the inside midfielder we need and people keep talking it down. However his 2015 season tells a different story about Caddy being a decent midfielder. 20 disposals 10 contested possessions 6 tackles 5 clearances a game over 19 games with 33 scoring shots, are the kind of numbers that would make a difference in our midfield. Add in Graham with a full preseason under his belt, Prestia to play more games and our midfield depth isn't as bad as people make out.

Wouldn't be using Balta in a midfielders role I'd be developing him at CHB as a long term replacement for Rance as he has very similar attributes, just needs that same refinement that Rance needed when he first started.
Probably the reason Caddy gets talked down is he is too slow.
He looked much better up forward attacking the ball.
If he is to make a move back to the midfield he needs a big preseason where he drops a few kg and builds his tank so he can get to more contests.

Which two players are you taking out of the team for Lynch and the second ruck.And where is the second ruck going to play when not rucking?

Conca is gone already with Dimma he was always best 22..At times we a bit to tall down back with Rance ,Grimes and Dave and Broad.Some games we don't need Broad against small forward lines.I think the balance of Houli and Short is wrong we look better with one in our side only.There a options no doubt to tinker just means like the eagles our midfielders need to run harder.

The second ruck were talking is not purely a ruck that's all.Can play forward and chop out down back to at times etc.

Pretty poor by his standards. Stats isnt everything watching games lives he got burnt many times the other way. Martin clearly wasnt at his best and missed that burst out of the centre as well.
No idea what you’re watching. He had a few poor weeks including the prelim. Other than that he had a great season and he was AA and deserving he was. Your expectations are far too high.

Watch Scrimshaw tear it up in the years ahead like Lever versus Corey Ellis, or Heppell versus Conca
Relax about Schimshaw. Every post I have read for the past 2 weeks you mention him. I want him too but just chill. If we somehow can workout something out to get him we will. Find some new material or stop clogging up the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back